Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

i read about jeux de peau:

and your detection of toast and butter is consistent with what the reviewer said about this being a woody, dark gourmand.

i need to try this! 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Jeux de Peau is a complicated beast. I was confused when I tried it, has a vaguely yeasty element to it.Or oatmeal...

I finally remembered to order some of the samples I've been wanting. I only ordered two, MMM Replica Lipstick and Penhaligon's Bluebell. Anyone ever try either of them?

I tried Lipstick On. I just remember a synthetic drugstore lipstick scent. I wasn't really a fan.

I haven't tried either (yet) but please update us 🙂 

What is the best fig themed perfume you ever smelled, please?

Awhile back I was reading an perfume review on Thierry Mugler Womanity - which is focused on the sweet fig flesh and salty caviar:

http://boisdejasmin.com/2010/07/thierry-mugler-womanity-perfume-review.html

I've always been curious about this, and since you ask about fig-themed scents, I am curious to know if anyone has tried Mugler's Womanity.

now i am curious too. 

I'm still searching for my 'best' one.

it depends if you are looking for figgy fruit smell or figgy leaves and stems smell.

i find philosykos and lartisan premier figuer are good for the green, stem type smell.

my faves in the fig fruit category are L'antichambre le Figue and ds & Durga Debaser.

I still am tempted to order Durga Debaser just based on a nostalgic love of the pixies.  Can you tell me a little about it?  Do you know which sampling sites might carry it?

Also- in reading descriptions Mississippi Medicine sounded amazing- you haven't tried that one have u?

Ah hah - my boyfriend wears Mississippi Medicne. I think he smells like beef jerky + hay :x. 

haha - i just ordered it, so ill have to tell you what i think.  

that definitely reinforces my initial pull to it.   

Also looks like twisted lily ha a sampler set for 36 that includes both debaser and mississippi medicine.  

the whole set includes- 

Boston Ivy

Bowmakers

Burning Barbershop

Coriander

Cowboy Grass

Debaser

Freetrapper

Italian Citrus

Mississippi Medicine

Poppy Rouge

Siberian Snow

Silent Grove

Sir 

Im thinking given the price point this might me a good way to go to get a sense of the line and of those two that Im particularly interested in.

I ordered Debaser blind based on a) my love of the pixies and b) My search for a fig scent

i bought my FS bottle from twisted lily, and I think they sell samples of it too.  I have a review/more detail on it somewhere in this thread.  Will post a link when I find it.

i did buy some other ds & Durga samples but I'm not sure if that was one of them.  I'll check and get back to you.

Thanks so much Mocha. Will look into them. ❤️

Yesterday Haze by Imaginary Authors

Also, Figue fruitee by Au Pays de la Fleur d' Oranger

Oh awesome. Thank you so so much!

Diptyque Philosykos. I adore it.

Wow that would be a good excuse to try Diptyque. Thank you so much.

Question for all the fragrance junkies - can anyone recommend a scent they love that has notes of dates in it (the fruit)?

Thanks!  I've been looking, but it doesn't seem like it's too common.  Have tried the SL one that does (arabie?), but the other notes in it don't agree with my skin.

4,248 Replies
testing