Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

Thanks for explaining, and I get what you're saying, I think my issue with the whole old lady or even youthful is for me it does nothing too describe the scent.

I think my other issue with the whole old lady thing is I was at a perfume counter where someone who had smelled a strip had described it as old ladyish and unbeknownst to her there was an older woman behind her waiting for the SA.  Her reaction was heartbreaking, she looked so so sad and instead of waiting for the SA she just left.

I understand people use the term without meaning it to be derogatory but unfortunately that's the connotation "old lady perfume" has.  

And for me when someone says youthful smelling I think of my teen acne medication.

When you say it smells too powdery, or too sweet that I understand I can relate to it and it's more descriptive.

But again we all have our opinions.

Ps. Judy Dench I love her too, Class act those dames!!

Well I AM an old curmudgeon. Jellis, Mocha? 🙊

hi ladies: i just received an email from surrender to chance - 45% off many perfume decants, including chanel. apparently they are getting rid of their chanel line so this may be a good time to obtain chanel decants such as their pure parfums. i just bought the pure parfums for No 5, No 22, Beige, Gardenia, and Cuir de Russie. use code save45 during check out. at their webpage on the left side is a link to all their perfume decants that are eligible for 45% off.

Cuir Russie is beautiful!!  Same with vintage no. 5!  I used to love the Chanel perfumes but it seems they've reformulated and now they lack the depth they once had.

Thanks for the heads up! LOL looks like that Derek Lam set is included in the 45% off 😉

Oooo! How did I miss that?! I may need to place another order for that one.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming TF Portofino flankers...

Im just curious, and sorry if this has already been on here, but how many bottles does everyone have? I actually don't really want to count, but I have between 12-16..

I...have more than that.

I have mine, I have the signature scents of family I was close to who passed on, and I have some that The Boy and I share.

Me too....

I'm guesstimating, but I think it's at least somewhere between 20-30 full size bottles (but probably more, because I'm sure I'm forgetting something). 

My boy doesn't do scent, so they are ALL FOR ME, muhahahahaha 😄

LOL mine totally enables me. "Oh, that smells great" "Wow, I really like how that bottle looks" lol

Hahaha, this is getting better. I'm not alone! 

If anything you're behind 😉

I THINK I have 11 full sized bottles.

3 Travel sprays

and an unknown amount of samples/vials :/.

I'm about to go crazy with perfume. I have found so many I like 

Ok that's good, I'm not the only one **blushes** I just love fragrance so much!

There are a couple about fragrance collections, which you might find interesting! Although they're a little bit older, it's still neat to see 🙂 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Fragrance/The-perfumes-and-oils-collection/m-p/1451444#M5326

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/How-Many-Perfumes-Do-You-Currently-Have/m-p/675327#M30285

i actually just tidied about my shelf yesterday. I'm well aware I have too many, but I love my variety and all of the bottles ❤️

Thanks

8870.png

Is anyone familiar with Le Couvent des Minimes?

I'd never heard of it, but a couple of months back, I stopped at a random Walgreens near my office and they carried the brand. I stopped back in today and spritzed both the Orange blossom fragrance and the Eau des Missions. The Orange blossom was light and as expected. The Eau des Missions has lingered, and it *really* reminds me of L'Antichambre's Le Chocolat ...they at least share a couple of things in common.

They're a sister brand to L'Occitane. I believe B&BW carried the line for awhile, and then it popped up in Ulta a few years ago. I've smelled a few of their fragrance offerings at Ulta, and they're quite nice! Light, unobtrusive. 

When I was googling, L'occitane came up so that makes sense! Surprised about B&BW! I do like this one - gourmand with a slight (light) booziness to it!

That was the one that got my attention, too!

4,247 Replies
testing