Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

You've just sent me down a rabbit hole of looking into a new juniper fragrance... 😛

ETA: I just realized why I think I like juniper so much... apparently it's in my dad's favorite old cologne 😮

That could be interesting.

Makes me wonder if they're naming these things after the town (which i've heard is meh), or just something I'm not familiar with.

I have been going through the Byredo Discovery Set. I sprayed on Black saffron this morning and I really, really like it so far.. On me it's mostly leathery wood with a touch of raspberry.

Fragrances with dry, warm wood draw me in- especially santal, or a minimal amount of oud. So far I found that I love TF Santal Blush, Diptyque Tam Dao, Guerlain Shalimar, and now Byredo Black Saffron. The TF oud frags that i tried were too much for me.

Could knowledgeable BTers recommend me other ones to sample? The ones I have on my radar are AC Santal Carmin, Oud Sapphir, and Le Labo Santal 33.

I got a sample of Kilian Sacred Wood recently and it has a nice sandalwood scent. I think Chanel Coromandel is good too, on me it gets woodsy as it dries down but there is a lot patchouli too not sure if you like that.

@TriesToBoClassy I definitely recommend checking out Oud Sapphir.  But, if you're looking for dry, warm wood - I'd also recommend Ramon Monegal Dry Wood.  It is the woodiest, wood scent I've ever tried.  😄

Thank you, I will! The Fragrantica reviews for Dry Wood say 'piney & herbal' a lot.. not sure i will like that, but it sure sounds interesting.

@Mochapj when I first glanced at your comment I thought you said 'Oud Sephora' lmao!

I think I post this in another thread. Have anyone tried Armani Prive line? Your thoughts? 

image.jpeg

A great perfume blog is A Kafkaesque life.  I can find you a link if you can't find it.

She says that the Prive line is a little watered down and not so exciting...

I've smelled some of the fragrances and found them pretty but not exciting at the price point.  The descriptions are amazing however.

But that might just be me.

I've tried one or 2. They weren't my cup of tea, but the quality might is pretty good. For me, not quite Tom Ford level (and I'm not saying that that is necessarily the ultimate), but better than most other fragrances.

rose anonyme is growing on me. when i first received my mini bottle, i didn't quite care for it. all of a sudden, i am all for it. but i am afraid to wear it in public.  i'm just afraid this is one of those things that will smell "stinky" to the general public.

but then again, should i care about that? perfume is not as fun when you're wearing it apologetically. still, i'd rather not notice strangers inching away from me in the shops or on public transport. then again, it may keep creepy old men away...

the struggle is real.

@pinkdratini rose anonyme has slowly become one of my favorites. the oud element does make it a bit stinky, but i find it sits pretty close the skin. if you get the purse spray, you'll find that the scent is a bit 'lighter' because the citrus comes through much stronger when it's sprayed than when it's dabbed on. 

that's definitely it! i like oud, but more as an edgy masculine scent than a feminine one. now that i think of it, rose anonyme could be a great unisex choice too.

i'll have to try the purse spray out! thanks. and thanks to atelier for having these kinds of options. 🙂

if i met a man who was wearing rose anonyme i'd marry him on the spot.

Perfume is so funny that way 😛

If you had to pick one Jo Malone fragrance what would it be? 

I'm tempted to order ginger lily or sea salt and sage brush with my saks code. I've smelled them but never worn them so I'm in the dark about wear time. 

The Intense line has better spillage and projection, but Wood Sage and Sea Salt is just pure heaven to me, it layers beautifully with just about every perfume I own, including my non-JM ones. 

If you want something that is longer lasting then get the ginger lily. I have a gazillion jo Malone fragrance and none of them really lasts that long. I usually combine one of two of them. Unfortunately those are usually LE.

That's disappointing.

I have both of those and find the wear time on Ginger Lily better than Wood Sage and Sea Salt. WSSS when initially sprayed is beautiful, it fades incredibly fast though. On me I'd estimate 1-2 hours. 

Like 8 hours better wear time? 

4,247 Replies
testing