Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

*I believe that "high floral note" scent is the sweet pea. I have smelled sweet pea and jasmine flowers and I like them both. So to me this is the strongest aspect of sweet pea isolated and intensified.

image.jpg

@SoldeJaneiro love ur products soooo much!!! Truly amazing

@emma1322  yes Sol De Janeiro is fabulous I finally broke down and got the mini of the Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Crush Cheirosa ’62 Bum Bum Hair & Body Fragrance Mist 8.1 oz/ 240 mL smells like a heavenly sexy vacation to Rio or hitting the nightlife of Miami it pairs well with

Sol de Janeiro Brazilian 4 Play Moisturizing Shower Cream-Gel  eventually purchase the iconic Bum Bum creme 

@emma1322 I liked the seasonal one with mango in it. I didn't get it before it sold out but it's ok. There will be more. '71 is still tops for me.

New VBB fragrance out now. Anybody try? 

IMG_2620.jpeg

@Sunnysmom Saw these and would definitely try though I probably won't go out of my way to seek them out. The nose is Jerome Epinette, the nose behind MANY Atelier Colognes including one of my faves from the house, Cafe Tuberosa. He also did quite a few Byredos, mostly on the recent/safe end - Bal d'Afrique, Sundazed, Velvet Haze, Slow Dance, Eleventh Hour, and the Floral Streets. Epinette for the most part is not my style but I've not sampled his fragrances for indie houses and I see some creative promise with Cafe Tuberosa.

San Ysidro Drive:  An intense rush of passion fruit and pink peony; vitalising ocean air infused with rich rose absolute, saffron flower and agarwood; black amber and vanilla incensing the atmosphere of a personal sanctuary.

Suite 302: An erotic mélange of black cherry and red peppercorn; dimmed hotel rooms clouded in rose centifolia, midnight violet and narcotic musk; plush velvets saturated with papyrus, black leather and masculine tobacco leaf.

Portofino ‘97: A euphoric hit of calabrian bergamot and black pepper; crisp white sheets suffused with incense and amber; patchouli and vetiver lingering on the skin of a significant other.

"Erotic melange" lol. Gotta love perfume copy 🙂

THANK you @pocketvenus , so much helpful info! 🥰 I feel like that all makes sense to also make them very marketable and salable right? I do also appreciate tho that she seems very thoughtful in her products. Will be a pleasant surprise to try them and like them! Keep me posted. I’m not biting yet. Lol. 

@Sunnysmom Anytime! I'm not familiar with her beauty line but yes, definitely having a nose as opposed to an anonymous team at one of the huge fragrance firms, is a very good and strong sign of a company thoughtful about their fragrance releases! 🙂

I’ve picked up the BURBERRY Mini Burberry Goddess Eau de Parfum Gift Set and I’ve been loving it so much. If you love vanilla, odds are you will love this. It’s not very complex imo but it’s still very sexy and intoxicating. It’s also perfect to layer with other scents to make them a little sweeter. 

@makeitup305 I don't consider myself a vanilla lover so to speak and I knew I liked and wanted Burberry Goddess as soon as I smelled it! If lavender is scaring anyone off it is not really lavender forward. I might find more diva lavender perfumes to test out though because I like it in this perfume.

When I had first started trying perfume years ago, I was told by a guy on the bus (public transport) who was sitting near me that I smelled really good and it was turning him on. I felt super uncomfortable and refused to wear any after that. But perfume makes me feel fancy and I like to smell pretty. So I'm trying to get into it again now. When I was in stores for something else a few months ago, I smelled a few things I was curious about and a staff member introduced me to BURBERRY Her Eau de Parfum which I fell in love with and couldn't stop thinking about. So I've ordered a travel size as a birthday gift to myself and it's even scheduled to arrive on my birthday! I'm a bit anxious that I won't feel comfortable wearing scents, but I'm hoping to overcome it and increase my confidence 

@Yodarox99 Wow, I'm so sorry you had that super creepy and totally inappropriate experience with that strange man 😞 But I'm glad you found a scent you enjoy! You can always spray it the perfume into the air and walk through the mist if you're not comfortable spraying directly to your skin ❤️

Happy birthday, @Yodarox99 ! 🥳🎁🍰  I can understand your concern.  A light spritz on your wrist should be fine.  That's what I do because I don't want everyone around me to smell me. 😄  Once you feel comfortable, then go more bold if that's your style. 🙂

The next two on my list are Juicy Apple and Vanilla Extreme, honestly my two favourites right now. 

Perfect scents for all the seasons🙌🏼

Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Extreme 3.3 oz/ 100 mL 

KAYALI EDEN JUICY APPLE | 01 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray 

Thoughts on two fragrances: Good Fortune Elixir is strong, has pretty good projection and sillage. I haven't smelled Libre Le Parfum in awhile but Good Fortune Elixir reminds me of a good dupe for Libre Le Parfum. Maybe spicier in the beginning, but close. Spicy, full bodied at first. The lavender bursts through. It's not a soapy lavender or super clean smelling but more like the lavender used in fine facial products. I don't think it lasts long enough since it's a pretty lavender, not too dusty. There is also a slightly oud smelling bit that follows the lavender, lurking around in the mix and coming forward off and on. The dry down is a less intense vanilla bourbon but it still comes off oud-ish. I do like this perfume. I do wish it was a little less like Libre Le Parfum since I already have a Libre.

SDJ After Hours is a toss up for me. It starts off creamy and dull, slightly dirty, a bit musty and overall foreign. It does have the OG dna  which kicks in after only a minute or two. It is like a hand full of 62 was dumped in. It quickly passes and sets into a dusty floral where it remains. It did last about six hours. So longer than many of the reviews of others. The beginning reminds me of my first reaction to Twilly which I initially found odd. I'm not wowed by After Hours but wonder if I will change my mind like I did with Twilly.

Two things: Tom Ford is coming out with Tobacco Honey. I'd really like to sample this. Not sure it will ever be a travel spray. Has anyone tried LoveshackFancy perfumes? I love the look, slightly juvenile and kitchy, but it brings out the girly girl in me. Just wondering about what's in the bottle though.

@Margalee I really adore the packaging. Have never heard of the brand before.

Me too @Samtian @Margalee . She has such fanciful stuff, like a contemporary Shabby Chic on steroids! Lol Wonder how the Boheme is. 

I got to sample Tom Ford's Café Rose today. So blinkin glad I didn't blind buy this one. I did that with a Tom Ford twice before and was sorry both times. TF is hit and miss for me. At any rate, on me this starts a bit hairspray and quickly dissapates into an artificial rose bathroom soap or air freshener scent for hours. A few times I considered washing it off.  At some point it became slightly urine scented so I find it wry that it starts off as a bathroom scent. This one doesn't work for me. I smelled the coffee-ish scent a bit more near the beginning but after that predominantly rose. It is ending in amber coffee but the urine scent definitely is the straw that breaks this perfume's back. 

@Margalee Oh dear! That doesn't sound like the original...

Ewe, that sounds very unpleasant, @Margalee ! 😝  Thanks for sharing.  I wasn't planning to try this one due to the rose (migraine trigger).  It's still nice to know what I'm missing...or not! 😄

4,241 Replies
testing