Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

Not a new fragrance drop from one of my favorite brands with one of my favorite notes 😍 Right now it seems to be a soft release with only the travel size available but I’ll be snapping this up once it comes to Sephora. It has notes of lychee, rose, raspberry and champagne 🥂 

5C065E85-F5DE-4F89-A592-C6682A539356.jpeg

@OlfactoryObsess That sound like it could be interesting, the notes seem up my alley. 🙂

@OlfactoryObsess Not new... gives me hope that Midnight Fleur will be brought back around. I like Nest very much so I will have to look for this one. Hopefully it's not a bathroom rose like one of their minis I have smells like bathroom spray.. 

I’m curious as to how to get the samples in order to try them to buy the perfume, anyone know how?

@Imjustjudy You can sometimes receive Sephora fragrance samples online 🙂 Many manufacturers sell samples directly from their websites. There are also stores like Luckyscent, Surrender to Chance, Etiket and so on that sell samples online and on site.  

o.Cdty0I8R1Aw

This one might be nice. The nose is Oliver Cresp and the notes are tomato leaves, green mandarin, geranium, patchouli. But I found the recent releases like the matcha one to have a LOT of fillers.

o.Tvu4SAAyJBF

Henry Rose's first "masculine leaning" scent is Menace, a watery fougere that features an invigorating blend of zesty lime and tangerine with crisp marine notes and Mediterranean cypress, anchored by rich cedarwood and sensual musks.

o.CRn1k9qmr3o

LV does a rose-oud with Myriad. Assam oud, Grasse rose, Bulgarian rose, saffron, cocoa, ambrette, white musk, moss.

o.vwRfSPg6gBb

JHAG's latest is an Ode to Dullness, A floral musk with a minimal and creamy composition, like a break in the tumult of a fast-paced world. This indisputably comforting fragrance wraps the senses in a veil of softness and invites introspection. "Ode to Dullness" celebrates the apparent banality of everyday life and the poetry of small nothings, simplicity in art, and the ordinary in sublime. Velvety notes of Star Anise, Cashmere Flower, Sandalwood, and Tonka Bean complement each other and form a soothing trail. 

Sounds like it could be a comfy skin scent.

672_ONE_SIZE_IMAGE_01_11797_-1748915456

Le Labo does Lavande 31

Top notes: bergamot, neroli
Heart: lavender
Base: amber, musk, tonka

From the image, looks like there's some jasmine and oakmoss too.

@pocketvenus Glad to see a review from you. Replica's From the Garden sounds super interesting. I like the LV bottle very much, especially the topper and the bottle color.

Very interesting! I’m curious about the new replica since their fragrances are very hit or miss for me and I haven’t smelled much in this fragrance category. The le labo looks intriguing as well but I’m a sucker for anything with oak moss. 

@OlfactoryObsess Same! I enjoy oakmoss as well but I'm only speculating based on the photograph. It could be an entirely different note 🙂

@pocketvenus Thank you for sharing 🙂 The Myriad by LV and the JHAG sound like they could be promising for my fragrance palette.

Thanks for sharing, @pocketvenus ! 🙂  There are a few that might be worth a try.

@pocketvenus A couple of those sound ok, thanks for sharing!

Has anyone tested this newest scent from Aesop? 

IMG_5855.jpeg

photo credit: Aesop (dot) com

Frankincense, hay and myrrh are listed as key notes by the brand. It’s the last in their Othertopias Collection. Two of the key notes are ones I generally like but I’m having some pause over the hay note. 

@pocketvenus 

@itsfi 🤢 I hate the smell of hay lol. 

Yeah, it’s not my favorite @Samtian. Or not in the perfumes I’ve tried in the past (that I can’t seem to recall their names) that had hay as a key note. 

@itsfi I am really looking forward to tryin this, will post here when I do ❤️

Excited to hear your thoughts @pocketvenus, after you have a chance to get to it. This collection didn’t hit my radar so I’ll be looking into that when I have more time. 😊 

Vanilla s&x

IMG_9619.png

@Mochapj Interesting. Wonder what that smells like? 

@Mochapj Is this a perfume, cologne or unisex? The name is definitely on brand for TF 😂

@QueenMarceline unisex

4,247 Replies
testing