Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

Thanks for the info @Mochapj 🙂

My local Hudson's Bay (not on the website yet) and SDM has 'Miss Dior's Absolutely Blooming' in stock even though it isn't to come out until next month. So if you are interested in it your local stores may already have it.

Has anyone else tried the Derek Lam 10 Crosby "Something Wild" Eau De Parfum sample?  It lists cedar wood and vanilla bean Madgascar scents.   It's really not for me.  

I haven't tried this one; only tried one DL scent and I didn't care for it.

I wouldn't consider it a floral - it sounds like a straight up gourmand to me, which are typically quite sweet and candy smelling.

I love gourmands to pieces, but even I find most DL to be a too sticky sweet for me (in general). 

I sniffed Something Wild in store and really wasn't a fan.

There is another new Atelier coming - I got a sample of it sent to me by my fave boutique Emerald Agar.

I haven't tried it yet and descriptions are scarce, but it seems to be a green oud...

Notes:

bergamot, angelica, black pepper, geranium, rose, eucalyptus, agarwood, sandalwood and gaiac wood.

New L'artisan scent coming - The Pour Un Ete (tea for summer)

ETA: perhaps this is a re-release?  It says it was created in 1995. 

Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 10.17.33 AM.png

An update on my custom perfume situation for those who might be interested in visiting Bloom in the future.

After 2 weeks I finally received a reply and she's offered to send me a replacement.  

So, D- for urgency, but A+ for customer service!  

That's great mocha!

Photos of the jo Malone advent from really ree.  I'm not going to post the contents because she mentions something is missing from hers

image.png

Louis Vuitton is coming out with their first scents, for him and her, I believe. Fall 2016!!

https://next.ft.com/content/432d1ec0-27e2-11e6-8ba3-cdd781d02d89

Thought this would be a good place to ask - bought a rollerball perfume for the first time, how long do they usually last you? I am using it daily (new Stella scent, POP! really cute) but it's an opaque bottle so not sure how much I'm using each day.

Also - how much/how to do you apply your rollerball? I've been 'drawing' a little stripe up my wrist and on my thigh (yes I apply perfume between my legs...lol ;))

I switch scents too often to know how long anything lasts haha. As for application, I usually do one spray for my wrists (rub, then rub behind ears if there's any moisture left) and one spray for where my cleavage would be (since i have none :P). I would swipe a rollerball over the same areas. 

So I squeezed in a couple days in New York during a short trip to visit a friend in D.C.. I will be on my own and am excited to indulge in museums, walks, and visits to various fragrance purveyors.

I am planning to visit Diptyque, Cire Trudon, and Le Labo, which are all conveniently grouped in Elizabeth St in Soho. I will probably try to stop by a Barneys and Chanel for further sniffing. Are there other places you would recommend? I am also trying to find a place with an extensive Guerlain collection. Any suggestion welcome 😄

This isn't quite what you are asking for, but... WAFELS AND DINGES. Totally worth chasing after. Liege waffle with spekuloos and strawberries = heaven. 😄

Thank you! I loooove Liege waffles with sugar- pearl, powder, caramelized, I am not picky 😄

I wholeheartedly second this recommendation!!

#wafelsanddinges4life

Byredo is also nearby, TTBC!

Sweet, I didn't know they had a NY boutique. Added on to-go list 😄 Thank you GPL!

There's Aedes Perfumery on 7 Greenwich Ave. in the Village. Super luxe selection. You can check out their website for brands they carry.

I am pretty sure this is the place where I purchased my first niche perfume ( Eau d'Italie: Sienne l'Hiver) after being enthralled by a NYT article some 8 years ago! I was a total fragrance newb at the time (still am), but had tunnel vision re: that perfume. I remember being really intimidated by the vast selection. I was in and out in 2 minutes. At the end of the day I don't regret that purchase; it envelops you in cold wintry fumes and I haven't found anything quite like it since 🙂 I will definitely go back. Thanks for telling me about this place!

4,247 Replies
testing