Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

Good luck @veronika23! 😄

Thanks @Libellules 🙂

I did just check. They don't have what I was looking for but I was on the site yesterday or the day before lol. They had other samples I was interested in but now I recall checking shipping and it was way too expensive... Same with Lucky Scent. I want 1 sample... that could be mailed via a stamp and it's 20 USD to ship??? Forget about it! That's just cheating people out of money.

@veronika23 you could always check FragranceNET or StrawberryNET.

I've heard the first one is legit, but I'm not sure on the second.  It comes up a lot in the search engine on Fragrantica website.

Thanks @Mochapj 🙂 Off to check that now 🙂 It's something pretty old that sells for big bucks on ebay so I am wondering if I can find it elsewhere.

I personally would question a low price for something old and/or rare even on a retailer that is supposed to ve legit (knowing that ebay prices can be ludicrous). The old adage about "something being too good to be true it probably is" is cliche for a reason 😉

Thanks @lipstick4soul 🙂  I'll keep an eye out... There's a few on ebay but it's not exactly the bottle I am looking for (year of production)... maybe that bottle will never come up again.  I wish I had kept mine... so I can match the scent in something else. Oh well.

I may have missed the conversation, so I apologize in advance if I'm repeating anything, but I'm interested in everyone's thoughts out the newest Elizabeth and James releases. 

I spent 100 points for the Rose mini, and I'm convinced they just re-bottled Byredo's Rose of No Man's Land... which is apparently the spitting image of Serge Lutens' La Fille de Berlin. Has anyone smelled all three and can attest to their similarities?

I have a mini Rose, which I'm admittedly not a fan of. But I do have LFdB which I adore - to me, they're very different. Both roses but night and day. E&J Rose or me is almost dry & musky - heavy. LFdB is fresh and peppery. 

I have not smelled the Serge Lutens, but I have Rose of No Man's Land and the little E&J Nirvana Rose rollerball. The vetiver in Nirvana Rose is really strong to me almost overpowering. Once the scent dries down it's much more pleasant...strong vetiver is not my fave. Rose of No Man's Land is much more balanced and not as heady as Nirvana Rose. Of the two, I prefer Byredo. I hope Nirvana Bourbon is a 100 point perk next month!

Oh...and I missed you GPL! Glad to see you back on BT!

@vegchililover78 I agree on the Nirvana Rose vs Rose of No Man's Land comparison, though i was surprised by how much I like Nirvana Rose. I don't find the vetiver too overpowering.

Hi @greenporchlights 😄 Re: Fille de Berlin v Rose of No Man's Land, they are similar to me, but there's a weirdly bloody/metallic note in the opening of Fille de Berlin that weirds me out. It's, er, interesting, but I am much more comfortable with Rose of No Man's Land.

I agree the Byredo's offering more balanced, but they have that very wet, juicy rose scent that I've heard is legendary in the Lutens. I'm hoping for a Bourbon perk, as well!

Glad to have poked my head in, for sure. I've missed you, too, veg! 🙂

Exciting news for Canadian fragrance junkies: Serge Lutens is now available online for us:

http://www.sephora.com/serge-lutens

Excellent, thanks for sharing!

Thanks! Doesn't say online only so I wonder if stores will be getting these??? I have a few scents I wanted to sniff LOL

@veronika23 I've picked up samples/bought a bottle from some of the GTA stores (Eaton Centre/Square One). I'm hoping they'll expand SL to be available in more stores 🙂 

But online is handy too! Now I just need to wait for the sale 😉 

@ lachaton oh nice!  I don't think we have them here... well not sure since I shop online... it is very handy and I prefer it.  Just hoping to smell a few scents... I am way too picky lol

@veronika23 probably.

A few of the Toronto stores have carried SL for at least a year.

Bloor St has SL now!

Oh good to know @Mochapj thx!

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been obsessed with ScentBird recently. So much so that I also subscribed with my hubby's name as well to try 2 bottles per month. They started carrying lots of niche perfumes too.

Anyone else obsessed? Any suggestions what I could pick up next month?

4,241 Replies
testing