Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@pocketvenus Ooh that lily of the valley! 

Ohhhh loookkkkk

THis sounds so nice!

papier.PNG

I was told this would be available for purchase in Diptyque boutiques today (3/13 and possibly launching online today as well? and in some department stores later this week)

3.10.2023 Haul - Diptyque 2.jpg

I had an opportunity to attend a preview of the fragrance last week. It's soft, wears close to the skin. It's nice on its own but may be too light for some. Layers well with many scents. On me it has some fairly good lasting power (about 5+ hours), which surprised me based on how mild the scent is. I spritzed it on my wrist mid-afternoon yesterday and I could still pick up a faint bit of it by the evening. Will test it more to see if that was just a fluke. 

@ChristalM Thanks for sharing this!

"For L'Eau Papier, I started with one initial ingredient, grain – in particular, sesame, in the form of an extract of roasted sesame seeds. This is the surprise element in the fragrance: I chose it to evoke the novel scent of ink and to add a delicate flavor to the scent. I enhanced this by working in musky notes to heighten the sensual aspect. Then I added floral mimosa notes with gentle, powdery properties to supplement the gentle note of paper. The uniqueness of the cereal and ink accords, blended with the sweetness of white musks, creates the scent of paper – and this combination is what defines the fragrance. I've tried to convey the subtle, sensitive interaction when ink is applied to a sheet of paper through an overdose of musks." — Fabrice Pellegrin

All of Floral Street is on sale right now for any other fans of the brand! I couldn’t resist picking up Floral Street Wonderland Peony Eau De Parfum Travel Spray 0.34 oz/ 10 mL Eau de Parfum Travel Spray ! I got a sample of it and it’s such a lovely summer scent ! 

New LE Harvest line from Guerlain

o.ksttdTJhz2X

NEROLIA VETIVER

Orange blossom honey from Calabria, neroli and vetiver

MANDARINE BASILIC

Marzolo mandarins from Calabria, basil leaves, green tea, woody base

ROSA ROSSA

Bulgarian and Turkish roses, organic rose water from Grasse, lychee and blackcurrant

And a new Jo Malone Rose Collection

o.SIhQVa6v3fA

Rose Water & Vanilla Cologne is described as a delightful, creamy and moreish treat with rose to share and savor. Rose water and comforting vanilla are enriched with a bite of Turkish Delight.

Red Roses Cologne is announced as the essence of modern romance unfolding like a bouquet of freshly cut garden roses, with violet leaves and a hint of lemon.

I'm guessing this is the same Jo Malone London Red Roses Cologne 

Rose Blush Cologne is the scent of delicate rose petals suspended in a delectable jelly, prepared for a great British summer fete. Basil and a juicy note of lychee add a modern twist to this soft floral scent, cocooned in the base of white musk.

What does everyone think about the Tom Ford new cherry extensions? I haven’t gotten a chance to smell them in person yet but I’m imagining something sweet and spicy? 🤔 

@Krismorganj Exorbitantly priced sort of goes without saying. Cherry Smoke starts off well enough with a dark, syrupy cherry and leather and though it's not in the notes, I smell a synthetic smoky oud wood. The dry down is rather disappointing, just a lot of white musks. Not like, suffocating and flat like really cheap white musks can be but not particularly interesting either. Moderate sillage, projection and longevity. If you must have a cherry leather, do test it out but I can suggest other fruity leathers that are more reasonably priced and just as good including the raspberry TOM FORD Tuscan Leather Eau de Parfum Fragrance and Luten's Daim Blond which is like, a third of the price or something. Electric Cherry is the weaker of the two new releases in my opinion as it lacks creativity but if you really love cherries and a fruity floral, give it a try. Neither were particularly spicy.

D.S. & Durga is releasing another reserve, and as much as I love the sound of it, its definitely not a blind buy at this price point,

25951C41-BC5E-40E7-8079-5BAEB4458401.jpeg

Miu Miu is releasing a new flanker fragrance, Fleur de Lait. I don't know what it smells like but I love this ad!

o.TvI2f1I8309

This gourmand offers a tasty mango accord in the opening, while the heart is announced with the fruity and floral aspects of osmanthus. In the base, we find tropical and creamy coconut milk.

Kilian is also releasing a new fragrance for the narcotics line, Can't Stop Loving You

o.BHrTDpwSJuV

Opens with orange blossom alongside Paradisone, a blend of jasmine that, according to the brand, suggests pure paradise. At the heart of the fragrance, honey absolute from Provence enters the KILIAN Paris ingredient repertoire, giving it a delicious French touch. Madagascar vanilla absolute further contributes to the sweet indulgence, while oak moss notes give it earthy intensity. Frankincense extract from Somalia is there for sensuality, volume and mystery.

Paradisone is an aromachemical that's been described as "hedione on steroids." It's a strong floral scent, like a cleaned up jasmine.

@pocketvenus  I am looking forward to testing the new Kilian. It sounds like something I'll enjoy.

Embarrassed but does anyone know how to make this character spray? 🤔

MTXX_MH20230127184143984.jpg

@CynthieLu - No need to be embarrassed!  I had to post to find out how to open a perfume bottle last year.  If you don't know, you don't know. 🤷‍♀️😘

Thank you @Titian06 It gave me a good laugh  🙃 When @Samtian told me it was a dabber I was relived too, I thought I'd broken it when the top came off. Phew! The was supposed to happen 😂

@CynthieLu It doesn't spray. It's a dabber. 

🤣🤣

@Samtian that explains so much 

@CynthieLu 🙂 

New Zoologist, Harvest Mouse

o.EqWGlt3935c

Top Notes: bergamot, cloves, Roman chamomile, orange blossom
Heart Notes: davana, hay absolute, benzoin, opoponax, rose absolute, beer extract CO₂
Base Notes: fir balsam, oak moss, cedarwood, sandalwood, Peru balsam, vanilla

Sounds to me like an easy going carby scent, similar to the English Fields series by Jo Malone. Would like to give this a try.

DS & Durga now getting into the ‘reserve’ (presumably more expensive than their regular studio juice limited editions) markets with this absurdly priced oud perfume

7CBCE1D1-97EF-479D-8E66-044215B86AB3.png

@Mochapj Seems more like a collector's item than anything. I saw they also re-released Pistachio, though at a more reasonable asking price!

thumbnail

@pocketvenus yes, they ended up adding it to the permanent line.

testing