Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@pjfloridagirl Alien is one of the greatest fragrances I've ever smelled. So glad you love it!

20221121_203026.jpg

 I have recently added kilian angels share (boozy apple pie with so much warmth),as well as intoxicated (dark chocolate and coffee with cardamon-AMAZING) and by the fireplace by m.margiela (crackling fireplace,woody and delicious) to a small treasured stash.my love of perfume is newly cultivated.its like the honey moon phase of a new relationship or romance,exciting and new.my loved ones fuel the fire of my scent addiction by gifting me blind buys as well as their own favorites,some are even from personal milestones (my best friend gave me a bottle of her wedding scent,my aunt,an old school guerlain shalimar formulation etc).its like a family tree of experiences and scents all stockpiled within reach,when i want those memories.i never knew id be someone who cared what a scent was or how it made me feel.it never mattered much,but after a personally tough year,wow have i ever grown (look at me adulting) lots about me has changed, down to the smallest things,including a quest for a personally uplifting scent for myself .anyhoo,sorry for the long paragraph ! Lets see,i have been pretty stuck on tom ford's black orchid since release.does anyone have a ride or die scent?one they reach for like a comfy sweater? Let me know I'd also love to hear about them 

@VPai Mugler Alien Goddess Eau de Parfum 3 oz/ 89 mL is my fave right now. BUT….I just got a chance to smell Killian Angelshare?? Omgsh! So good and perfect for winter. I haven’t pulled the trigger just yet on it to purchase though😂 but I’m pretty sure I will. I wasn’t sure what to expect from it. But after smelling it at a store near me, the dry down was incredible and not overpowering. 

Ah yes alien another fan, whelp with the 20 percent off ,I'm going to add it to my basket at long last since the hype is drawing me in,thank u for taking the time to reply.

I LOVE scents and the way they make me feel.i hope when u push the button on kilian ngels share u love it as much as I do.beware ppl will accost u to compliment u 🙂

@VPai What a beautiful collection! I'm a die hard for Mugler Alien Eau de Parfum and Tokyomilk Tainted Love. 

Ohhh I hear lots of good things about alien,and have yet to push the go button on it  ,I haven't heard of the other one ,I'm intrigued (and by intrigued I mean promptly added to my xmas wishlist 😉) thank u 😊 

@VPai Of course! I hope you enjoy them!

I’ve picked up three of Mind Games perfumes, and each one is gorgeous in its own way, I’m so happy with each of them, and I’m trying really hard to hold back and not buy more, for now!

6D666B54-A6FB-4E8A-BD8B-05D982E9F225.jpeg

Checkmate is a surprisingly clean and light fragrance considering it’s all about tobacco, bourbon, and sandalwood. It’s the davana, champagne, and rose, rose, rose that keeps the scent from being dark and dirty. I would absolutely wear this during the day with a spring in my step.

C0817DA8-B9C4-4AB3-B10C-462B5E61D519.jpeg

Double Attack is truly gourmand but not sweet. It’s a dark, smooth, rich cacao with bitter orange and woods to makes this a deep and luxurious perfume. I don’t want to eat this, I want to swim in it like the chocolate river in Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory! I layered it with Fueguia Xocolat to make the most intoxicating combination ever.

63BC43F4-D7D3-4ADE-9F9B-B5E3E0422B91.jpeg 

Grandmaster is hands down the best rose perfume in my collection to date. It topples Byredo’s Reine de Nuit and Jo Malone’s Velvet Rose & Oud in terms of its depth and complexity. Sure, the combination of rose and coffee isn’t revolutionary, but wow! this perfume does it better than I could have hoped for. This smells as vampy as red lipstick and sky high heels! It’s my official sexy date night scent from now on.

If you have a Neiman Marcus near you I highly recommend you check out Mind Games!

Oh, wow -these sound amazing - I wonder if my NM has them? Thanks for sharing your thoughts and the pics! @LCResz 

@LCResz these are so cool! Glad you’ve found some new favorites.

Your enthusiasm is overflowing, @LCResz !  If I had an NM near me, I'd take these for a test drive.  Maybe I'll come across samples somewhere else.  Love the bottles! 😍

Been blindly digging through my pile of samples and pulled Rabanne Phantom Eau de Toilette 5 oz/ 147 mL eau de toilette spray . 

I wouldn’t normally choose fragrances that are geared towards a more masculine audience (I’m very much a warm vanilla/gourmand girl), but that’s the nature of the blind pull! 

is it just me, or does this have a juicy, fruity aspect to it? The notes didn’t make it seem like it should have anything that I’m picking up. I very much like it; which I didn’t think I would! But based on the information online, I almost feel like my sample was mislabeled??

@cianni - I can see why you would like this one!  Yes, there are fruity notes in the scent.

Top:  Lavender, lemon zest, Amalfi lemon

Middle:  Lavender, smoke, earthy notes, apple, patchouli

Base:  Vanilla, lavender, vetiver

This sounds really nice!  I tried one of his before, though I don't remember which one, and liked it.  I'll have to see if I can get a sample of this one! 🙂

@Titian06 It makes a lot of sense wearing it while reading the notes! As much as I like to pretend I know what I’m doing, I’m definitely still working on being able to pick up on some of the more subtle notes in a fragrance. I tried Rabanne FAME Eau de Parfum 6.7 oz / 200 mL eau de parfum spray recently as well, and it wasn’t as memorable as #Paco Rabanne Phantom. I think it was pleasant enough, but didn’t stand out to me in any way. Kind of a safe fragrance you may pick up for someone who hasn’t figured out what they like in a fragrance yet, but has grown out of body sprays, if that makes sense!

Do you ever visit fragrantica? I find it so helpful in aiding me to decipher what notes are in a fragrance!

New limited scent from DS & Durga, a classic ‘cologne’ though the name is a little cringe 

2B575EA8-9F2E-4004-9809-78FC66F48B9C.jpeg

@Mochapj Guess their copywriter had a case of the Monday blues 😂

Pyramid sounds like an easy and pleasant wear

TOP NOTES
  • tunisian neroli
  • bergamot essence
  • mandarin
HEART NOTES
  • lavender
  • orange flower absolute
  • rosemary bush
BASE NOTES
  • corsican cedrat
  • petitgrain
  • copal

Has anyone tried these brands and scents in particular? I like very mellow scents for daily wear (Clean Reserve Skin and Commodity Milk for example)B88D5C27-2353-49CC-B060-DEC25D423C19.png

D4287969-E3F1-4C07-BBFA-A1C7C54861E1.jpeg

I ordered Xtra Milk a couple of days ago. I’ll try to remember to reply and let you know what I think when it arrives if you would like? Haven’t tried the waffle cone one though.

I've heard that DedCool Milk Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz / 50 mL and blonde are both very lovely! Every review I've read of A Whiff of Waffle Cone make it sound like it's quite syrupy sweet.

@elise222 ok, good to know, thank you! I need to try and find a Sephora near me that carries Dedcool so I can try them.

2 Replies
testing