Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

Boy Smells | Sephora coming soon to Sephora. Cross post from 2022 Product Release Thread.

Boy Smells.png

The fragrances included in the Boy Smells Sampler Set consist of some of their newer scents as well as some from their original lineup

Boy Smells Sampler Set.png

Tags:

Pineward Perfumes has bought the rights and formulas for the cult house Apoteker Tepe which are available for sale now. I just bought a sample set and am really looking forward to testing them all. I managed to get a sample of Holy Mountain after the house folded, which was a lovely spicy smoky affair, but not as unique as some of the others. Have heard really good things about After the Flood in particular.

Apoteker-Tepe-Karasu-Perfume-20170928233540

@pocketvenus Wow these look super interesting!

New Serge Lutens, Poivre Noir

03341995-FCCA-4A37-969F-28712991D882.png

Upcoming fragrance from Arquiste, Indigo Smoke

Screen Shot 2022-08-07 at 9.00.17 AM.png

@Mochapj Oh Calice Becker! I will check this out for sure.

Today was Byrdeo Mojave Ghost. I used to like this one, but now it smells off on me.  Lasted over 6 hours and still going strong. 

Mojave Ghost Fragrance Notes

Ambrette, sapodilla, violet, sandalwood, magnolia, ambergris, and cedar.

64163.1.jpg

Neela Vermeire is coming out with three new scents. I quite like this house, which originally commissioned Duchaufour for its scents, some of which are stunning.

bottle-gragments-thyina_1200x

Thyina: lavender, pimento, violet, tolu balsam, birch tar, coffee, Peru balsam, sandalwood, styrax, hazelnut, amyris

By Fabrice Olivieri.

Nemus: geranium, lemon, bergamot, cypriol, cedar, ginger, clary sage, patchouli, agarwood, ambergris, tea, olibanum.

By Bernard Duchaufour who is famous for his spicy, Asian-influenced scents.

Perpereum: rum, coffee, tonka bean, cacao, tobacco, leather, fig, magnolia, labdanum, licorice, myrrh, pepper, immortelle.

By Cristiano Canali who did Zoologist's Bee

These sound really good, especially Nemus, but I'm not a fan of the bottles. They're kind of cheap looking?

@pocketvenus Yeah they look not fitting. I don't like the sounds of any of those lol. 

Another disaster ha! Had I actually looked at the notes before hand I would not have even bothered. Of course the three things I can smell are 4 of my least favorite notes (at least 2 are my top top least favorite notes EVER). 

Atelier Emeraude Agar- 

1. Top Notes

• Bergamot
    • Angelica
    • Black Pepper
  2. Heart Notes

• Geranium
    • Rose
    • Eucalyptus
  3. Base Notes

• Oud
    • Sandalwood
    • Guaic Wood

06_EMERAUDE-AGAR_EN.jpg

Oh, no, @Samtian ! 😱  I'm sorry to hear this one didn't even come close to working out, especially since it's from Atelier Cologne. 

@Titian06 Thanks. I really should have looked at the notes lol. 

Mmm. After the disaster that was yesterday I am very very very happy with today's sample. Looking at the notes I probably would not have picked this up, too many chances of only smelling the bad ones haha. I honestly don't know what two of them are, but I only like 3 notes listed. Thankfully for me all I smell is a delicious vanilla creamy lemon smell. Almost like a creamy lemon meringue pie. mmm. Going on 6 hours of wear time. 

Kismet by Lubin. Notes-Bergamot, lemon, petitgrain, Rose Centifolia, Bulgarian rose, patchouli, labdanum cistus, opoponax, vanilla.

41R7vef2UqL._SR600,315_PIWhiteStrip,BottomLeft,0,35_SCLZZZZZZZ_FMpng_BG255,255,255.png

@Samtian, this sounds like a wonderful combination of scents! 😍 

@itsfi I liked it! 

@Samtian - I'm glad this one worked for you! 🥳

@Titian06 Thank you, me too!!!

Oh my gosh this is so horrible I can't stand it. Just nope nope nope. The lavender and amber and probably something else are all I can smell. 

Bass Solo by The Vagabond Prince.

Bass-box-md.jpg

Bass Solo Fragrance Notes

Saffron, ginger, lime, cardamom, lavender, Moroccan cedar, Virginia cedar, fig milk, birch tar, sandalwood, amber, driftwood, wenge accord, musk, oppoponax, amyris, patchouli

Ha! I love this one! It's such a beautiful and elegant symphony of wood on my skin. Opening is a bit "in your face" ( but it doesn't bother me. Love that, too. ) But it settles into an absolute beaut.

@RavenR I'm glad it works with your skin!

2 Replies
testing