Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@pocketvenus Thank you so much!!! I have a lot of catching up to do!

Thanks for your thoughts, @Samtian ! 💖💖💖  I always wondered what this one smelled like, but was never intrigued enough to get a sample.   Sounds like I didn't miss anything.  Love this brand--still can't believe they left N. America! 😪

@Titian06 Yep! Yeah I'm so heartbroken over that, I really loved them. 

As mentioned in the TF thread earlier today, there is a new TF fragrance in the works called Myrrhe Mystere - ETA unknown

Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 1.20.01 PM.png

I received an email about some new scents that were released so I decided to order samples of them, and then decided to order samples of some I've recently added to my wishlist. Here's what I ordered-

1270 by Frapin Fragrance Notes

exotic woods, spice, raisin, vine flowers, pepper, candied orange, nut, hazelnut, prune, cocoa, coffee, leather, woods, white honey, vanilla

Hattai by Le Couvent Fragrance Notes

Red Berries, Cacao, Cinnamon, Cade Wood

Neo-Animism by Mami Wata Notes

African Ocean Minerals and Green Bar Soap 

Onice by Omnia Profumo Fragrance Notes

citrus, anise, lavender, licorice, peach, pineapple, rose, nutmeg, geranium, hyacinth, jasmine, ylang, mint, sandalwood, musk, cedarwood, amber

Gardens of India Fragrance by Parle Moi de Parfum Notes

Jasmine, tuberose, sandalwood

Tears by Regime des Fleurs  Fragrance Notes

Lilac, Orris, Olibanum, Frankincense, Orange Blossom, Green Cognac Oil, Rosewater, Pink Pepper, Mandarin Oil, Ambergris

Room Service by Vilhelm Parfumerie Fragrance Notes

mandarin nectar, blackberry, pink orchid, bamboo, violet, black amber, musk, sandalwood

A nice variety to try, @Samtian ! 💖💖💖  Looking forward to your thoughts.  I hope you find some winners! 🥳

@Titian06 Thanks, I can't wait!

New fragrance co-created by Etienne from Etat Libre

72E460E7-E94E-49CD-8440-99AEDE22F1ED.png

@Mochapj I just ordered a sample of this. Sounds interesting!

Neiman Marcus has a sale on the Palm Angels x 19-69 collaboration, and I snagged Orange Kush and Burning Palms. 

Orange Kush smells just like it looks, pure orangey goodness with just a whisper of cannabis funk to make this more than a straight up morning glass of really good OJ. It’s a grown up Sunkist and CBD concoction. While I usually don’t like syrupy sweet fruity fragrances, I do love citrus-forward scents, and this one fits the bill perfectly as a fun summertime smell that feels like walking on sunshine. A truly unisex scent.

Burning Palm is right up my alley, is “Hotel California” by The Eagles kind of way. It’s a sweet tobacco and vanilla scent that I imagine the femme fatale of the aforementioned song would waft into any room she entered, her extended cigarette holder balanced between her fingers, the hot sun turning her sweet summer sweat into a siren call. While I can imagine most would say this fragrance leans masculine, the tonka sweetness makes it another great unisex perfume from this line.

7065AD26-F18C-41A5-A5F4-1261FD295A5B.jpeg

@LCResz Lucky you! I am still waiting for the 19-69 sampler to get back in stock. There are a couple in there I really want to try.

@LCResz - Both of these sound awesome! 😍

Ohhhh, I’m intrigued by Hotel-California-esque Burning Palm @LCResz! 🤩 I now have the song playing on a loop in my head. 🎶 🎵 

Omg I bought this discovery set by Kilian, they all smell so so so

Spoiler

good. It has all the top 5 iconic perfumes. 

- Good girl gone Bad by KILIAN: the most iconic narcotic, an uninhibited whirlwind of flowers.

- Straight to Heaven, white cristal: an overdose of rum to lead to artificial paradises.

- Love, don't be shy: an unforgettable scent as sweet as a scented delight.

- Black Phantom 'MEMENTO MORI': an intense coffee with a splash of dark rum.

- Moonlight in Heaven: a taste of coconut infused rice with a scoop of fresh mango.

CAB68E92-ADBC-45BB-9DBE-99E11B934D60.jpeg

11E704B2-C925-44F2-90CB-2F832F18CC7F.jpeg

Tags:

@Yalda34, discovery sets are such a great way to try out fragrances! Love the scents that are included in this set! ♥️ Beautiful photos too! 

I'm happy to hear you love them, @Yalda34

That's great, @Yalda34 !  Enjoy trying each scent! 💖💖💖

Another Zoologist is coming

zoologist-cockatiel

Australian spring arrives, bearing dazzling frocks of yellow blossoms to dress the bare mimosa trees. Clouds of sweet honeyed fragrance, caught upon the breeze, carry an invitation inland, where a flock of cockatiels happily take up the celebration. Emerging from dusty nests, the birds are ready to preen and prance. On a wobbly stage of branches, vivid crests bop to the rhythm of their joyous songs. After a final encore, the flock takes flight. Alighting in a nearby field they share a delightful brunch, buzzing with the thrill of their stunning recital.

Zoologist Cockatiel exudes joy. A sunny burst of yellow mimosa offers a friendly welcome. Dots of raspberry and tart rhubarb suggest a hint of mischief, like a pair of rosy cheeks beneath a golden plume. Finally, soft notes of musk and vanilla enfold the vibrant Cockatiel, like downy feathers cushioning the brashness of this cheeky bird.

Cockatiel was developed by perfumer Sven Pritzkoleit. Additional notes include champagne, powdery notes, cashmeran, guaiac and patchouli.

I actually got email the other day to preorder this and I'm so tempted. Sounds like one you can actually wear and love the color and story behind it. So cute and the fragrance notes sound great!

This sounds lovely! I haven't tried any zoologist scents yet - but I may have to give this one a shot!

I love the coco chanel fragrance 

5 Replies
testing