Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@itsfi I’m in trouble deep for sure! So far Queens and Monsters has been my top pick, but then I’m a sucker for sandalwood. Last Light and Dark is Night are two great takes on another favorite of mine, patchouli. Honestly there isn’t a dud in the set, there is something for every taste in this house, from clean and fresh to deep and dark. They now have a new rose-centered scent, Sheep’s Clothing, that I’m looking forward to trying out as well. 

I hope retailers like Sephora get hip to this house soon, it’s a great brand that deserves more exposure.

@LCResz, oh wow! I’m even more intrigued than before. The names of the fragrances are so fun too! I would love if Sephora brought this brand on board. ♥️

@LCResz Thanks for sharing! I'd love to hear what you think of the others 🙂

This sounds great, @LCResz !  Looking forward to your comments on the remaining scents! 💖💖💖

I’m enjoying these too @LCResz ! Got the sampler and is a good way to decide isn’t it! I haven’t yet! 

What are you're guys thoughts on Mugler Fragrances? I love them so much!!!

I've loved Angel for years and years ..I just recently tried Angel nova and I love that one too, maybe even more. My mil wears Alien so I haven't even tried it... Lol!

@150matthw  Mugler makes several of my favorites! I was obsessed with the Mirror Mirror campaign, and while the OG Alien and Angel don’t really speak to me I adore so many of the Alien flankers. The last new Mugler I fell for was Aura, but then a faceted green heart is too pretty not to pull me into its licorice/root beer orbit! 

image.jpg

Personally, I don't like the flankers of the main lines because it's too much but there a few exceptions, I absolutely adore angel Eau sucree but nothing touches the original!!!

I had recently a year ago got a sample from a kit we won’t last no names it’s called Original by Riddle totally love it get a ton of compliments.$$$ Love Love it long lasting 

Serge Lutens has launched another new range which includes this new scent as well as the existing L’Eau and some body products 

B04ABB48-D28E-4596-BDD3-177B62CEA67C.jpeg

Zoologist-Cow-new-fragrance-Now-Smell-This

Zoologist is releasing a new aromatic floral scent, Cow by Nathalie Feisthauer who did Hermes' Eau des Merveilles with Ralf Schwieger. She's also done some CdGs, and Etat Libres.

Top: apple, sage

Heart: lily of the valley, heliotrope, violet, jasmine, fresh milk

Base: cedar, vetiver, benzoin, musks and amber

I find Zoologist interesting and I like the notes. I'm curious, I just find these scents are so off-kilter, there hasn't been one that I want a full bottle of, even if I really enjoy smelling it because that doesn't necessarily mean I want to wear it!

o.XtisvKE1Nbu

L'Artisan Parfumeur's Mémoire de Roses by Christophe Raynaud is a citrus rose that includes mandarin, bergamot and cottony musks. To be honest, cottony musks sounds offputting to me. Raynaud's biggest hit is probably 1 million with Olivier Pescheux and Michel Girard.

7-virtues-lotus-pear

I'm a bit late to announce this new release from 7 Virtues, The 7 Virtues Lotus Pear Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL eau de parfum spray . It's a fruity floral with Pear, Peach, Rose, Orange Flower, Jasmine, Lotus Flower, and Gardenia. With sustainably sourced geranium from Egypt.

Do you have some of these fragrances from Zoologist @pocketvenus ? If so what are you favs?  I’m very curious about Cow!  I like Nathalie and her Hermes EDM etc. 

@Sunnysmom  Excuse me for butting in... Couldn't help myself. 😛 When it comes to Zoologist, I love Squid! And I like Chameleon. These two are super wearable to me. I also like Moth and Bat, but those are... not so easy to wear. At least not for me. But they are super interesting! They really are like little pieces of art! Very interesting house. 

If you don't mind, I will just do some copy/paste magic as I wrote about Squid and Chameleon in another thread.

Squid is an interesting take on a marine scent. It's amber-marine. With a lot of smoke and incense. And I am loving it! It's so so good! It makes me think of Cthulhu. Not a squid. It's divine! And powerful. It smells of salt, ink and smoke. Wild sea winds, crashing waves, and velvety sea foam. It smells of old, angry volcanos still spitting tons of smoke out, and ground that hasn't settled down yet. It smells of warm, ancient sun, and deep, virgin, dark blue, almost black, ocean. Depths unreachable for mere mortals. But those depths are not cold. There is a big, soft, amber heart beating down there, and warming everything up with vanilla-ish heartbeats like warm hugs. Hard to describe this one. But it is simply wonderful!

Chameleon is very much tropical flowers, sun, greenery and wet woods. Little earthy. Just like the rain forest with its lush greenery, and fantastic tropical flowers. Super damp and humid. Sticky, really. But gorgeous. There’s some tropical fruitiness to it too. It is really like the rain forest near a beach. You can smell all what I mentioned above with some whiffs of salty, sea air and sand from the beach. Even your warmed up skin pleasantly salty. Warm, sunny, tropical, a bit creamy. Super pleasant. It reminds me so much of some past sunny, tropical adventures, and calls for some new ones. Unusual offering from Zoologist ( because it is so "normal" compared to their usual beautiful weirdos ). I kind of like it. It's sunny and cheerful. Happy. 

I am interested in Cow, as well. Seahorse, too. 

Oh, I also tried Nightingale. I didn't like that one, but don't remember why... Maybe I still have my sample somewhere around... Gotta try it again.

@RavenR wow, you describe everything so perfectly!  Thanks for the thorough reviews 🙂

Aww, thank you @CookieGirl1  ! ❤️

I love all this @RavenR thank you so so much! Your descriptions are quite amazing and so poetic too. Squid def intrigues me now. I’ve not paid attention to this line and it just kind of grabbed me with you guys and your thoughts! I love the unconventional to it all! 😘🥰

Aww, thanks @Sunnysmom ! Sometimes I get carried away when I like something... 😛

They are definitely something to at least try, if you ask me. Especially if you like "different". Most of them are unwearable to me, or not on regular basis, but I still like them. Actually, I appreciate the creativity and the art behind them.

I do @RavenR and I’m really trying to expand my fragrance horizons this year lol. Learning so much and always seem to love niche lines like this. Thank you for your thoughts and help! 🥰

@RavenR  I'm glad you love Squid! A friend also loves it but hates Tyrannosaurus Rex, so we tease each other about our fragrance preferences. She says "at least my Squid won't punch innocent bystanders within the first 30 minutes of wear unlike your T Rex" and I say "well my T Rex won't tackle bystanders and deathroll them to the bottom of the ocean." 🤣 But I love that we both chose to buy full bottles of fragrances other folks might call too aggressive or unwearable. 

And I forgot about Chameleon! @Sunnysmom if you're okay with a wet earth/rainforest scent, Chameleon's another scent I don't find challenging compared to many other Zoologists. On me, it's more interesting than Hummingbird, though I think the latter's more approachable. 

Haha, that is hilarious! And so cute, actually. Now I have to try T-Rex, @WinglessOne ! I would like to try them all even though I am sure I would find most of them unwearable. But they are just such a special house. I really appreciate what they do. They speak to me even when I struggle with their beautiful weirdos. They are still beautiful. ❤️

1 Reply
testing