Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@Titian06 ooh nice!

Indeed, it's a sad, somewhat abrupt de-camp. I feel badly for the many A.C. fans. @Samtian 

Didn't they have a special engraving-service in a few S. locations? Foggy recollection of seeing display in a Montréal S., late 2018. I never bought any A.C., as I've been happy with my btl.of Iris Nobile Aqua di Parma (now also n/a, d/c). Silver Iris sounds intriguing though.

They had the leather embossing at several Sephoras, complimentary with in store purchases on their leather cases. They had it at the BIC launch party in Hollywood in 2017? and gave us a free 1 oz of Clementine California with the embossing. I still have mine, I’ll have to find a pic from that party! @MvLL 

@MvLL I have no idea, I wouldn't be surprised if they did. They always had it available free with your online order. 

In addition to the 3 Tom Ford rose perfumes (which are permanent), there is also a discovery set (which is limited) and I believe a Nordstrom exclusive 

DA1FB171-2D04-4BBC-ACC7-D63BA8B0CB44.jpeg

@Mochapj Do you know when this set will be available?  I couldn't find it online at Nordstrom.

@ragdoll4mom  I see it available at Neiman Marcus, Saks, Bergdorf Goodman, Bloomingdale's, Luckyscent, Nordstrom, Tom Ford...

@RavenR Thank you. I was being an eager beaver and searching before it was made available.

@ragdoll4mom @Mochapj If you're Canadian, Holt Renfrew is carrying it

Thanks @pocketvenus so is Nords and Saks for Canada. Not sure about who is in the US, though.

@ragdoll4mom  As I mentioned to Yalda below the entire rose collection launches on 2/1 😉

Spring 2022 Tom Ford will launch three rose fragrances in the Private Blend collection: Rose D'Amalfi, Rose de Chine and Rose de Russie.

Rose D'Amalfi ~ 'Intimate and sensual', with bergamot, mandarin, heliotrope and almond.

Rose de Chine ~ 'Indomitable and decadent', with peony, myrrh and rockrose absolute.

Rose de Russie ~ 'Opulent and dramatic', with white pepper, woods and black leather.

482AFFC2-C957-4305-91A9-A1C0C53F1981.jpeg

Thanks @Yalda34 we were discussing these below a few weeks back.

i heard from my SA last week they will be launching at Nordstrom on Feb 1

Launched today!!!!

Fragrance Family: Warm & Spicy
Scent Type: Warm & Sweet Gourmands
Key Notes: Green Mandarin, Fig, Coffee

Fragrance Description: Like a shot of adrenaline, this fragrance features a signature accord of black coffee twisted with luscious, juicy green mandarin and creamy fig.

924DDAF0-012D-4945-A48D-A13BA4F31999.jpeg

@Yalda34. fyi, if you haven't already noticed- there's a recent gwp Code ( yslmini ) is up for a wee bottle (or a 1ml vial?) of this, per Active Codes 22 thread. Cheers!

Active Promo Codes #22 

Tags:

Interesting !! I would think this would have been citrus.  In any case all of the ysl opiums are a bit too sweet for me but I’m curious about the base notes in this 

@Yalda34 - This sounds nice! 😍

I know right?

@Yalda34 was just about to post this! 🙂 i am so excited 

Omg same here!!

testing