Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@pocketvenus Unfortunately I haven't tried that one and it's missing off the Sephora site 😞 Can I check it out/smell it somewhere else?

@QueenMarceline For testing, Perfumed Court should carry it! But buying a manufacturer's bottle might be tricky if Sephora has run out of stock. You'll have to look at discounters' sites, eBay, that kind of thing. It's a shame Sephora has run out, not sure why I can still tag it 😞

@pocketvenus I've noticed I can tag many OOS items such as Tatcha The Pearl Tinted Eye Illuminating Treatment Moonlight and the Too Faced Cinnamon Swirl Sweet & Spicy Eye Shadow Palette it's quite odd, to be honest but then again it's nice for tagging when talking about specifics so someone can still see the packaging and know what to look for. Lol. Thank you for your hint, I'll try to see if I can find it at some local perfume discount shops as well.

This is my kind of scent.  

@Yalda34 It's truly so lovely. I was shocked at how much I liked it.

A couple releases BIC readers might be into

Etat Libre release, Frustration

375x500.71611

Found on the 9 Rue des Archives, Etat Libre D’Orange explains that much of its inspiration comes from its location. Located on a quirky corner of Paris’ artistic and vibrant Le Marais quarter, the perfumery brand crafts eccentric and bold scents like the Frustration fragrance. A blend designed to awaken the strength of your inner child, it’s infused with cumin and cinnamon and closes on chestnut wood accord along with bourbon vetiver.

Additional notes include rhum, vanilla, ciste and vinyl gaiacol.

Chloe is releasing a "naturelle" version of Nomad, just like the Chloé Chloé Naturelle Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

o.9r5R0gErBaG

The composition promises casualness, smooth notes, and refined elegance, combining Mirabelle liqueur, freesia, oakmoss, Egyptian jasmine flowers, dates, sandalwood, and soft vanilla as keynotes. The new Nomade Naturelle is warm, enjoyable, and sensual and differs from its predecessors in its refined powdery, gourmand tone.

😱😱😱

@pocketvenus When?! Where?! What?! Frustration, of course. I've been mostly off line, not following what's going on... so I have no idea what is going on. 😆 But this is exciting! 

Sigh, Selfridges. Will commiserate. Vetiver, cumin, and cinnamon sounded like a dream come true. 

Oh, never mind. Selfridges in the UK. Again. Booooooo! Frustration it is!

@RavenR I'm sure it will make it to N. America in good time!

@pocketvenus Looks super interesting, 🙂 Thank you for sharing these gems with us at the BIC!

Hey Y’all ,

I am so excited for this one, has anyone purchased this yet?

here is the key notes on this perfume; @toofaced Better Than sex eau De Perfume;

Better Than Sex Eau de Parfum has an exotic, rich blend of golden amber, intoxicating patchouli, and raw cedarwood layered with passionfruit, sparking lychee, and seductive peach!

I guess it will smell really seductive and sexy!

9BA9031F-71E9-4AC7-ADD7-B724322A189D.jpeg

@Yalda34 I'll definitely smell it, not sure if I will purchase it because there's so many perfumes I have on my wish list already.

Omg!!! Same here, I have like 8 and planning to buy them by the end of January lol

@Yalda34 Haha, I know what you mean... I have so many that are at the top of the wish list that are "must buys" that I'm honestly scared to try out any more perfumes for a while 😂

Some new releases

CdG's Marseille was inspired by Savon de Marseille, a well-known, high-quality bar of soap produced in the South of France made of simple ingredients (just vegetable oil, water, salt, and soda), making it gentle enough for both delicate garments and sensitive skin. CDG reinterprets the soap with an Eau de Toilette that brings a Savon de Marseille accord, a neroli accord, the Givaudan molecule Petalia (Floral, Rosy, Lychee), Oranger Crystals (beta-naphthyl methyl ketone), an overdose of Givaudan molecule Ambrofix (Amber, Woody), and Givaudan molecule Cosmone (Musk, Powdery).

o.DVlShiN8B7j

Eilish by Billie Eilish, developed under the license of Parlux. It's a vanilla fragrance.

Top: Sugar, Red Berries and Mandarin Orange

Middle: Vanilla, Cacao, Spicy Notes and Rose

Base: Tonka Bean, Musk, Amber and Woody Notes

Sounds like a sugar bomb to me, typical candy gourmand.

o.2SmcJp3C3Ja

L'Artisan has also come out with a new line, Tales of the Orient. Wish they would bury this kind of thing, it's rather anachronistic. Like I'm not sure Chinese or Arab markets are going to be enchanted by "Tales of the Orient." Anyway. The ad copy is as follows

Contes du Levant

An opulent rose from a dream.

In a simple and clear writing, the perfumer wanted to capture the green and spicy scent of a damascena rose treated in majesty. This fragrance, entirely structured around the favourite flower of the Orientals, deploys its aura of mystery on the skin.

Légendes du Cèdre

Once upon a time, there was a rich and sacred wood…

The perfumer wanted to create an almost mystical emotion of what he nicely calls a "woody nectar" that evokes the warm earth of the Orient. This innovative combination of cedar and fiery spices dyes this perfume with an aura of mystery and makes the journey madly enigmatic.

Ode à l’Oudh

A bewitching flower liqueur with woody nuances...

The perfumer had long dreamed of a fruit liquor with floral accents, as sweet as a flow of honey down the throat, with the effect almost of a mysterious potion. A signature fragrance with the necessary roundness and comfort.

Bois des Sables

Like a forest of precious woods suddenly emerging from the desert...

There can be no clearer or more encompassing depiction of the perfumer’s creative obsession, crystallised around one idea: wood, wood and more wood!

Fables d’Orient

A miraculous flower milk with a benevolent vibration.

You have to imagine a "flower milk" that has been brought to life in the perfumer's mind. It is a material, a texture as much as a smell. Its incarnation is the sun-radiated heliotrope flower with its unctuous and creamy fragrance.

o.a6uhcnUCYrb

Also, my apologies for posting the Diptyque releases with Maurice Harris in the wrong thread!! Here's one of the pics again 🙂

EDP_Format_mobile

@pocketvenus I thought/hoped the fragrance industry and its customers agreed as a collective to do away with terms like "oriental" and whatnot. Sigh. As much as I enjoy L'Artisan's fragrances, it sounds like they're trying to add marketing flair or a uniting theme to otherwise unoriginal concepts. If true, that's unfortunate - it doesn't have to be original to be great. I love a good spicy cedar scent. Anyway. Rant over. Thanks for sharing these! I always appreciate your updates and posts!

@julieandtwocats Oh rant away!! There's been repeated calls to shelve the term Oriental but it unfortunately persists as these calls tend not to come from the people in charge. I agree with your assessment about the marketing and will add I find it lazy. And you're most welcome, happy to share 🙂 <333

@pocketvenus Thank you for the informative post, looking forward to smelling some of these 🙂

@pocketvenus - I think the CdG perfume sounds like it could be nice.  The rest hold no interest for me.  I think the Diptyque sounds nice too, but rose is usually a migraine trigger.  BTW, it's nice to see you posting again.  I hope things are better for you! 😊🌹

@Titian06 Thank you! 💗💗

2 Replies
testing