Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@Yalda34. fyi, if you haven't already noticed- there's a recent gwp Code ( yslmini ) is up for a wee bottle (or a 1ml vial?) of this, per Active Codes 22 thread. Cheers!

Active Promo Codes #22 

Tags:

Interesting !! I would think this would have been citrus.  In any case all of the ysl opiums are a bit too sweet for me but I’m curious about the base notes in this 

@Yalda34 - This sounds nice! 😍

I know right?

@Yalda34 was just about to post this! 🙂 i am so excited 

Omg same here!!

While this is not what comes to mind for the YSL 'opium' group, it is intriguing!  As for the Notes, I'm at a loss re. 'Green Mandarin'?  can't picture it. Is there any comparable, fairly common fruit Note?

Its other Notes present no mystery..Fig: check, Coffee: check.  Thanks for posting this, @Yalda34 

Green mandarin has a beautifully tangy and fresh, yet slightly bitter citrus aroma with a soft, floral (Neroli-like) undertone. I’m very excited to try it on!!

I wish we had this in sephora!

Women’s fragrance Donna Trussardi offers an oriental floral composition created by Nathalie Lorson. Its top notes are an abundance of fruits such as yuzu, lemon, and watery fruits.

Top Notes: Amalfi Lemon, Fruity Notes, Yuzu

Heart Notes: African Orange Flower, Jasmine, Lotus

Base Notes : Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanille, Virginia Cedar  

D5866820-B6C6-4BFA-B7E1-72F63398F48D.jpeg

@Yalda34 We have a thread for brands we wish Sephora carried https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/BRANDS-YOU-WISH-SEPHORA-CARRIED/td-p/2687489

Not sure if higher ups read it but THEY SHOULD 🙂

@pocketvenus Mhm, they certainly SHOULD. lol!

giphy (5).gif

Cherry Blossom 2022 Millésime - Fragrance by Guerlain.

A perfume that celebrates springtime in Japan. Special bottle design, this time hand decorated by the French-based Japanese fine embroidery artist Kyoko Sugiura. Details of silver and black flowers that feature black beads on it and a black ribbon around the neck, a black label symbolize cherry blossom that blooms at night.

Top notes : Bergamot and Green Tea
Middle notes: Cherry Blossom, Lilac and Jasmine
Base note : White Musk.

Will be available In February 2022, I can’t wait to try this.

27E7FEB7-E9B3-4F1F-8DA4-F530D5FC5C0B.jpeg

This is an edT, in a 125ml bottle, and first introduced in '99 -per Fragrantica site. 

Will it be as light as the Aqua Allegoria edT series? 

What a gorgeous bottle, @Yalda34 🥰🥰🥰

@Yalda34 Holy cow, this perfume is drop dead gorgeous! My nickname is cherry so I'm a sucker for anything with cherries/cherry blossoms (despite not being a huge fan of true artificially cherry-scented things). However, unlike "real cherries" I LOVE the scent of cherry blossom. This just might be my first Guerlain fragrance... 😂👀

The scent seems like it’s gonna be something REALLY GOOD!! Can’t wait. 

@Yalda34 Me too, I'm hoping it will be available at Sephora during one of the VIB sales.

@Yalda34. Wow!! This looks so Fab- it's what the child in me visualizes when dreaming of a fancy Perfume bottle: a lovely vase containing a mesmerizing, heady  bouquet. 

I wonder if it'll be an Exclusive release and not readily available?   Hope we can try it soon- the Notes are appealing!

I knowwwwwww!!! I can’t wait to get it. 

My January ScentBird pick rolled in (the Lalique Soleil fragrance) and I'm cross posting from other (more related threads) because so far I am really loving this scent. It was a recommendation based off my preferences, past picks and ratings. To be honest, I was a bit nervous on choosing this "blindly" based off of that but the bottle drew me in (guilty as charged). It's very gourmand and rosy (which is odd because that's not in the notes), but in a funky type of way. Vibrant, fresh and cheery. I look forward to doing a full review on the The Perfume Challenge thread sometime soon. Once I run out of the sample, I'll decide if I want to buy the full size... but so far, so good. Does anyone on the lovely BIC own this perfume and/or is familiar with it? 🙂

o.81544.jpgunnamed.jpeg

Note Description:

Soleil was launched in 2019. Soleil was created by Alexandra Monet, Benoist Lapouza and Barbara Zoebelein. Top notes are Mandarin Orange, Bitter Almond and Cardamom; middle notes are Pear, Milk, Candied Almond, Caramel, Coffee and Jasmine; base notes are Praline, White Musk and Sandalwood.

@QueenMarceline Haven't smelled this one but if you've not tried Atelier Cologne Café Tuberosa Pure Perfume 3.3 oz/ 100 mL Pure Perfume Spray , you might like it. If you're into it, grab it if you can because I believe it's been discontinued.

1 Reply
testing