Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

So recently I was chatting with a few amazing members on the wonderful The Perfume Challenge thread and I thought I've been raving this perfume enough to talk about it on here too. It seems like I'm always late to the party lately (lol!) but I recently discovered the Ariana Grande Cloud perfume at ULTA and it's slowly creeping it's way into my life as a staple. It's such a wonderful scent to me and oddly enough it does remind me of clouds (in a cotton candy type of way) and I've started wearing it as a "sleep perfume" 😁👀(I know, I know) Although I have not personally had a chance to compare I've heard many people are saying it is a great dupe for the coveted (and veryyyy pricey) Baccarat Rouge scent. 

2536711.jpeg

The first thing that comes to mind when I see an image of 'Cloud' is babypowder. Wonder if Ms. Grande & team will release a Dusting Powder with a big Puff, complete with a pale blue ribbon. 

@MvLL Surprisingly, not a very powdery scent. I love it as my "sleeping scent" lol, it really reminds me of being on a cloud. They nailed that bottle design.

@QueenMarceline I really like the bottle. 

@Samtian It's very cute. I'd usually get rid of the little "cloud" stand because it makes the bottle so much chunkier than it needs to be and I already have so many perfumes, but it's just too cute to chuck in the bin. It's staying. 😂

Serge Lutens 30th anniversary Femininite du Bois 

983B306B-7FEC-429B-96BD-9FCFC03B16D3.png

Does anyone know if Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille's been reformulated/diluted/something? My old bottle is almost empty, and I was thinking about getting a new one. But now I keep hearing that it doesn't smell the same anymore. Allegedly it feels diluted and even smells a bit different. I haven't had a chance to sniff it myself yet, and I don't know when will I be able to do so... So I was wondering... Something really changed? Is it different? And how exactly? Thanks!

@RavenR Wish I could give more personal input, but I have heard this sentiment as well from a friend of mine a few months back and around the grapevine. I can try asking her if she can describe what she thinks changed about it.

I just bought 2 19-69 fragrances to add to my ever growing collection. I already have Capri ( which I love to layer with!) I purchased Invisible Post and Kasbah today 1 oz sizes. I will let you guys know how I feel. 
to date, I have bought over 200 perfumes, sold 110. I still own close to 100. I’m crazy about them!

Hi, @jennifegaarderr !  Make sure to post your reviews on the Perfume Challenge thread:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Fragrance-Fans/The-Perfume-Challenge/td-p/2633976

I just finished reviewing the 19-69 Fragrance Discovery Set .  I'm looking forward to your reviews of the fragrances you purchased!  19-69 Invisible Post Eau de Parfum and 19-69 Capri Eau de Parfum immediately went on my Loves list. 

I recently picked up Lake & Skye’s latest perfume, Midnight 07, and I’m so glad I did! Rose, patchouli, vanilla, vetiver, and amber are blended together to create a scent I will enjoy wearing during the holidays! I’ve tried other Lake & Skye fragrances but this is the first one that I’ve wanted to get as a full-sized bottle and I’m so glad I was able to with all the discounts and point perks that have been offered by Ulta lately. 

@LCResz OH I’d been looking at that one, glad you liked it! 

@LCResz  Ouhhhhh putting that one on my list to try. 

me too! and ulta is def. a perk, gonna lookout for it when I go there next...

Hot deal at ULTA on the YSL a black Opium Neon perfume (new release). It’s sold out online but it’s available in all 6 of my local stores, so it’s worth checking on the website if it’s available at yours if you’ve been eyeing this. This deal does stack with the $10 off $40 code (Cheer10) and the $20 off $100 code (Joy20). Went to pick up an order and saw they only had 1 left so I had to snag. I think that most of the OG Black Opium users would like this although the Neon version exudes a bit more of a “candy” or bubblegum vibe. It’s still sexy and I definitely smell the undertone of Black Opium within it. 

2C558587-B0C6-4BF0-AFC4-842CDE0BB8BB.jpeg

FF8896C7-D67D-4C71-B6B7-964190857DA8.jpeg

A9079BF4-C19B-483A-A39C-AF2DD0A20084.jpeg

89853EBE-2325-42E1-9A6F-2B5E5ACED57D.jpeg

I really have to stop buying perfumes, I’m just addicted and keep collecting perfumes.

This is a one month old photo but I have purchased a few more since then, I’ll post my recent photo plus give you guys recommendations on perfumes. 

If anyone needs review or recommendations just reply to this post or shoot me a DM. 

xox

@Yalda34how is the Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Crush Cheirosa ’71 Hair & Body Fragrance Mist 3.0 oz/ 90 mL I’m in love with the scent of the Bum Bum cream, is this similar or nearly identical? 

@Margalee That's definitely some of my favorite scent categories especially during this time. I'll have to make a trip down to my local Sephora to try some of these out in person. Thanks for the awesome descriptions, they all sound yummy. I genuinely love their CoCo Cabana scent too, but the cream is far too sticky/waxy for me. I ordered a body wash in that scent and I'm hoping its similar/spot on. Something about this brand is just so addicting!

Omg!!

smells delicious!!

I’m obsessed with Brazilian Bum Bum Line,

I have all the single products. 

The scent is exact same like the cream;

Top Note: pistachio, almond

Mid Note: jasmine petals

Base Note: vanilla, salted caramel, sandalwood

@Yalda34 WOW! Alright, you've convinced me... I'm going to buy the largest size LOL!

Omg!!!

smells delicious!!

I’m obsessed with Brazilian Bum Bum Line,

I have all the single products, recently ordered the 500ml cream (biggie biggie bum bum) and 1000ml body wash lol

The scent is exact same like the cream it’s 2-in-1 hair and body mist.

Top Note: pistachio, almond

Mis Note: jasmine petals

Base Note: vanilla, salted caramel, sandalwood

1 Reply
testing