Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

That’s in my wish list tho!

My summer go to is EDT.

Anything with orange blossom is my fav for spring and summer.

For fall and winter I prefer something with lavender and vanilla.

EDT is fresh floral, key notes are; Lavender, Orange Blossom, White-Tea Accord. 

EDP intense is warm floral, key notes are; Lavender, Orchid Accord, Vanilla. 

My favs are:
Valentino - Voce Viva,
Armani-My Way,
YSL - Libre EDT,
Dior- Joy
Carolina H - Good Girl

Girl! That is goals right there!!!!! I LOVE perfume and totally obsessed! I’m a huge fan of sweet candy scents. Bring on the recommendations!!!!💋

Here is some of the REALLY good ones;

Vicktor & Rolf - Flower Bomb

Dolce & Gabbana - Pour Femme

Lancome - La Vie Est Belle

Prada - Candy

DKNY - Pink Macaroon

@Yalda34 Nice collection. Which is your favourite?

My favs are:

Valentino - Voce Viva,

Armani-My Way,

YSL - Libre EDT,

Dior- Joy

Carolina H - Good Girl

Ooo how are you liking the scent of Carolina Herrera Good Girl Glorious Gold Eau de Parfum 2.7 oz/ 80 mL ? The bottle is just gorgeous 😍 @Yalda34 

The perfume is just divine. A sweet smell of Jasmine and Tuberose which lingers beautifully. Wear this and enter a room and I can guarantee people will ask what perfume you are wearing.

Don’t know if anyone has posted this but the NEW Carolina Herrera Very Good Girl perfume is divine. Had the chance to spritz myself today while picking up another order from Ulta and I really enjoy it. Feminine, floral yet kind of sexy and mysterious. It’s very up my alley and I think I’ll be buying it at the ULTA 20% off prestige sale. 

5333EE9C-0B73-4AC4-A3FA-9D3A7D1F6AF4.jpeg

@Margalee I haven’t tried the one you mentioned but I second that the original Good Girl might be the way to go. 

@QueenMarceline I also bought this from Ulta when it had extra points on top of perfume points and my Ulta card with more points. I like it soooooo much better than the standard Good Girl. Which I will admit I hate, my mood might change at some point. But this one is right up there! Just like you said.

@Weetart I actually really like the Bad Girl but the reviews on the Very Good Girl are kind of less than ideal. I'll have to decide which one I like more after wearing it a few times but so far I really want this one 🙂

@QueenMarceline I got the set from ulta w/the travel size and red lipstick, mainly cuz of the packaging...not sure if they have it still, I can try to get a pic later....but like someone else said, there were extra pts. bc it was the fragrance crush in Nov. I think, and then there was an extra 5x pts, so would have been 10x pts., so I considered getting one too, and went to my ulta to smell them, but its so hard to smell anything in there, this is the only one that I could smell, and I liked it a bit (I love rose), but also, idk...but i got that lil set just to try, and the lipstick packaging was so regal, looked like versace or something.

but, idk about this whole line, it kinda smells like barfy to me, lol...again its hard to smell anything in the store tho...I think I remember liking the supreme and legere versions better, but those ones are like empty when I go there...perhaps I need to get a travel size sometime, when theyre on sale, so I can test them properly, at home...

I didnt know about a bad girl, only the bad boy.

@treestar86 Next time I'm at ULTA I will spray myself down with the Very Good Girl and see if I like it after 24 hours. That's usually the way I like to test if I genuinely enjoy a perfume 🙂

The notes for the Tom Ford rose collection

rose de chine: yellow peony, cistus, myrrh

CE47DF63-B501-4D18-A382-78A7060D0D55.jpeg

rose de russie: rose, white pepper, leather, woody notes

418D9924-48EF-4E97-A90C-5B51029C7CEE.jpeg

rose de amalfi: bergamot, rose, heliotrope

476DA8DD-6063-45D1-BD19-F829CC187CC8.jpeg

@Mochapj   Ahhhh!  I’m going to have to go in and try these.  

So dangerous for the wallet @Mochapj ❤️

New MMM replica, After The Rain Stops

E7269943-CEF0-48EF-AAE1-BCDC83B6CA7B.png

just providing a few thoughts on this one. It truly is a beautiful fragrance! It is a very watery floral that does evoke a feeling of rain! This has redeemed itself for me as the last two MM releases have been dispointing for me. I was so excited for coffee break...but where was the coffee? Autumn vibes...so excited yet almost a straight up sandalwood on me. This one however I would is truer to the "story". Hth someone.

testing