Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@Mochapj, I was excited to see this pop up on the app for early access and used the 20% off to purchase the spray. I don’t always pick up the overall scent intended by MMM fragrances but I’m hoping I do with this one. The cool, fresh scent in the air after the rain is one of my favorites and I hope that comes through on me with this fragrance. @ChristalM 

@itsfi - I'd love to hear what you think!  The notes in this one are right up my alley...except for the rose. 😝

I’ll be sure to let you know @Titian06. 😃 I understand the feelings on rose scents. I like certain rose scents but am definitely particular about them. Will be sure to be mindful of how the rose in this one comes across. 

@Mochapj ohhhh pine needle! I will be trying this one out!

Sneak peek of a new TF fragrance

57BA02E8-3D03-4456-BA02-596587D66531.png

Nice although I am not much of a rose fan. What happened to Vanilla Sex I wonder...

I wore the new Le Labo Thé Matcha for Halloween to try it out, and it smells the same on me as it does just spraying it into the air. Very soft, fig-forward ... I don't smell a lot of matcha but it's a very calming scent. I still smelled it in my car this morning on the way to work! I think I'm going to pick up a bottle from Nordstrom — a small bottle, since I only really wear perfume when I'm going out (so rarely), but I really like this one!

Do we know when will TF Ebene Fume be available and where? What about samples? Anything? I am not much into TF, but this one really sounds nice. I'd like to try it. 

@RavenR Not sure if you're Canadian but Holts has testers. I wrote about it here https://community.sephora.com/t5/Fragrance-Fans/The-Perfume-Challenge/td-p/2633976/page/4

@pocketvenus Thank you! But, no. Not Canadian. Unless I find it somewhere in stores on my rare trips to anywhere much lately... I guess I will just have to wait for some of the usual decanting sites to get it...

@blackkitty2014  @Mochapj  Thank you!

@RavenR launched today at Nordstrom and Sephora

Diptyque's advent calendar is out as well as their holiday candle trio - details below

Diptyque-Advent-Calendar-2021

• Limited Edition Holiday Candle in fragrance Sapin (Pine Tree) 70g
  • Feu de Bois candle 35g 
  • Ambre candle 35g 
  • Flacon candle 35g 
  • Bais candle 35g
  • Roses candle 35g 
  • Pomander candle 35g 
  • Aubepine (Hawthorn) candle 35g 
  • Figure candle 35g 
  • Oud candle 35g 
  • Choisya candle 35g 
  • Tam Dao EDT 10ml
  • Don Son EDT 10ml
  • Eau Rose EDT 10ml
  • Eau des Sens EDT 10ml
  • Eau Capitale EDP 10ml
  • Eau de Menthe EDP 10ml
  • Fleur de Peau EDP 10ml
  • Orpheon EDP 10ml
  • Don Son Solid perfume 3g 
  • Fleur de Peau Body Balm 15ml
  • Rich Body Butter 15ml 
  • Smoothing Body Polish 10ml 
  • 3 x Limited edition Christmas decorations 

The candles this year are

• Flocon, an olfactory transcription of snowfall, with light, velvety notes of white musks blended with those of mimosa, a winter flower
  • Biscuit, with the spicy flavours of festive end-of-year desserts enhanced by the density of patchouli
  • Sapin, the fragrant freshness of mountain pines intensified by the woody notes of an open fire.

DS & Durga next studio juice Handbook for the Recently Deceased 

3AD748BE-3F40-409B-88BB-3B4D1D99FA8A.png

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2021%2F10%2Fcomme-des-garcons-cdg-kaws-perfume-fragrance-mirror-collaboration-price-release-date-1

KAWS is releasing a fragrance with CdG, MIRROR. Top notes feature turmeric leaves, root oil and neroli oil fused with middle notes of clean accord and orange blossom absolute. Rounding off the perfume are dry ingredients such as cashmeran, sinfonide and benzoin resinoid. As a result, MIRROR boasts a musky floral scent with hits of amber and powdery notes.

Francis Kurkdjian to take on Dior perfumer re

59BEECB4-8848-4200-A4A5-46F47915B3E8.jpeg

Oh, wow. That's quite a coup for Dior! @Mochapj 

Ooh exciting new for Dior I guess @Mochapj 

I just got the Boy Smells fragrance explorer set and im in love. These are super unique scents! Today im wearing la flor del Virgen and it’s sweet and floral but not cloying. 

DF9EBEAF-58D9-4EE3-A09F-03E89716FA16.png

Estée Lauder will be shutting down their fragrance division

8DBDA955-8495-40F4-9E39-B4D255EB0DA7.png

testing