Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

New Serge Lutens La Proie Pour L'ombre and in true SL fashion, the ad copy tells us nothing about the notes of the fragrance 😄

Fragrantica lists it as Leather, Licorice and Vanilla

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 12.15.06 PM.png

@Mochapj 😂 I recently tested some vintage Lutens, have they ever toned down the new formulas :'(

I am really into Jo Malone recently! Might buy myself 1-2 of their scents for Christmas 

o.HIiYH09sqPWHEADER_lARMA_CP

Guerlain has revamped and expanded their whole collection, L’Art & La Matière. They're launching two new perfumes, Rose Chérie and Santal Pao Rosa.

Rose Chérie is the “La Vie en Rose by Édith Piaf of fragrance”, four roses – Damascena rose, Bulgarian rosewater and essence, Turkish rose absolute, and Grasse’s Centifolia rose – with soft almond. Santal Pao Rosa is more a story of sandalwood refined by rose, a floral-spicy scent that is partially inspired by Pao Rosa, Aimé Guerlain‘s 1877 creation.

There is also the addition of four Guerlain classics, with the same formula, but with new names. Frenchy Lavande, Herbes Troublantes, Œillet Pourpre and Épices Volées, formerly and respectively known as Le Frenchy, Un Dimanche à la Campagne, Lui, and Arsène Lupin Voyou.

I kind of prefer the older bottles 😢

@pocketvenus  Question love: Do you know if Angelique Noire is the existing scent with the new packaging/customization? 🌹Edit: after googling a bit and watch Erin YouTuber, it is relaunched. I love this scent. But oouch extra $100 USD for the customization packaging 😢

@blackkitty2014 Apologies for taking so long to reply but yes, it's the same scent. US$100 is a huge price hike! 😢 You might be able to find the old bottles with online discounters though?

@pocketvenus How to choose 😘 I like the description of everything 🥰 

@blackkitty2014 To me, that's the perfect excuse to try smelling the whole line 🙂

@pocketvenus (sorry, my original comment was edited because I forgot external links weren't allowed -long time no see!)

In case you hadn't seen it yet 😉

The Perfumer's Set is available at G direct. 

G018037_PERFUMERS_SET.jpg

@DaintyDiva OHHHH I WANT!!!!!

@DaintyDiva Thanks for sharing this! Maybe @blackkitty2014 would be interested 🙂

Thx you @pocketvenus @DaintyDiva . I want one but I’m still bitter over the fact that we can custom the bottle for $100 more with existing scent 😂🤣 and btw if you want the bee cap it’s $150 extra on top of $350 price tag

@blackkitty2014 Wow, that seems excessive! I mean, for $150 you could pick up a bottle of Vetiver or something

It's gorgeous and cute. The bottles are perfect with the little bee in the back. Very tiny (10ml each) but still larger than the discovery sets from Dior's La Collection Privée (7,5ml) or the Chanel Exclusifs Collection (4 ml). 

@pocketvenus  At first glance (while scrolling the Community home page), I thought these were Tom Ford fragrances. 😂 I like the old bottles, too. But the customization options at Guerlain's site do make these new bottles look appealing. 

@WinglessOne I didn't realize they were customizable! Thanks for the head's up, I love the bee lid! 🐝

000113489_600x400_c

DS & Durga Grapefruit Generation

F91780C9-7307-405F-B924-A40917571DEA.jpeg

ghost.png

"A fragrance from the future; where nature and technology meet and complement each other. A fusion of liquid-scented Aqual™ and Yuzu bring to life a citrusy metallic freshness. While the velvety skin and juicy fruitiness of peach and pear form a metaphor for human flesh and intertwine with a human heart of Jasmine. A hybrid, superhuman body, between natural and synthetic, whose vital force is born from the power of amber woods and the chrome minerals of moss."

Main notes: Aqual™, Yuzu HE, Hexyl Acetate (MANE Biotech), Jasmin absolute Mugane™, Milky Skin Accord, Moss Accord, Vinyl Gaiacol (MANE Biotech), Orcanox™ ( ELDO )

Top notes: Aqual, yuzu, pear

Heart notes: Jasmine absolute, lily of the valley, sensual skin accord

Base notes: Vanilla, orcanox

( Basenotes )

@RavenR Oh wow... as a GitS fan, I must at least get a sample of this one. Hopefully the vanilla base will be just that: a quiet base note that doesn't overshadow the others. I'll be sad if this fragrance dries down to nothing but powdery vanilla. Adding to my Try It list now! 

@RavenR Interesting! Etat has been emphasizing the artificial aspect of perfumery lately with this and She was an Anomaly. And there's been a lot of commentary on Malle's newest, Synthetic Jungle. I wonder if this is a reaction to the proliferation of "clean" or "all natural" fragrance brands lately.

This sounds really good @RavenR 👍 

5 Replies
testing