Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

New Juliette Has A Gun, Lili Fantasy

Top note is Bubble Gum; middle notes are Tuberose and Jasmine; base notes are Amber and Ambroxan

63DB9EDD-E563-4F54-8099-5E77AC3FF028.jpeg

I just ordered a travel size of this from the JHAG website! I love white florals but have been not a fan of many of the the JHAG fragrances sooo here’s to hoping I like it 🤞

@AJLClough interesting!  I've tried a few from the brand, but this one def. sounds more...complex. would love if they had a sample here to try!!

Diptyque has released an LE "Le Grand Tour" series

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2021%2F08%2Fdiptyque-le-grand-tour-collection-candles-perfumes-6

The olfactory travel experience begins in Paris, which is expressed through a candle. Packaged in a green-colored vessel, the product takes inspiration from a stroll along the Seine, emitting aromas reminiscent of old books and polished wood. Moving onto Venice, a set of three travel-sized perfumes arrive in a carrying pouch. The fragrance boasts scents from vegetable gardens, the Mediterranean breeze and herbal freshness.

diptyque then takes you to the Greek village of Milies, which is represented with a scented ceramic oval featuring blue hues inspired by the sea. The home fragrance, comprised of Ambroxan, fig wood accord and cypress, is complete with a tassel and marble beads. As for Kyoto, the brand introduces a perfume with scents of incense, rose and vetiver, which are packed into a rose-purple bottle. Rounding out the world tour is the coastal city of Byblos in Lebanon. Arriving in a marble container, the candle includes notes of cardamom coffee and white musk.

Take a closer look at the limited-edition range below. Priced from $620 to $1,450 HKD (approximately $80 to $186 USD), the “Le Grand Tour” collection is now available at diptyque’s stores and online.

Well I’m such a sucker for the packaging so I blind buy Kyoto. Will report back @pocketvenus 😂

New from Byredo, Young Rose

Top notes: Sichuan pepper, sunflower seeds Middle notes: Damascus rose, Iris Base notes: musk, ambergris

077F15C3-7768-4ACE-BD11-E75F5AD56752.png

@Mochapj Sunflower seeds is an unusual note. My guess is this one will be pretty conventional though. The description on Hypebae reads, Inspired by the “restlessness and youth of the new generation,” “Young Rose” follows in the footsteps of most of Byredo’s scents by delivering a mixture of notes for a unisex fragrance to be worn by all. The Eau de Parfum comes in the signature branded bottle, and inside you’ll find a heady mix of musk and Ambroxan alongside Damascena rose, hints of Sichuan pepper, and ambrette seeds. Combined, “Young Rose” is a bit of an oxymoron. While a traditional (what some could call “old”) rose scent is there, the combination of musk and Sichuan pepper come together to offer a hearty base and a lively, peppy finish, hence making it a perfect fragrance for all.

I love, LOVE, Creed perfume ‘Love in White’…but the cost is too much. Anyone know of a good dupe? Xo 

New DS Durga studio juice, desert Paintbrush 

362A379B-CFED-474D-B97B-2C13CCC73A79.png

New Guerlain - Kadine (relaunch of 1911 perfume)

30DF4064-8946-4C4E-A900-FD36EF3B6AB8.jpeg

Notes:

Top notes are Anise and Bergamot; middle notes are Heliotrope, Cassia Bourbon, Cloves, Jasmine and Cinnamon; base notes are Violet, iris and Vanilla.

@Mochapj Oh wow, this should be really interesting! I read it's one of their ultra pricey LEs? It's an iris scent so if they're using the natural stuff, it's probably a very expensive formula.

D864EBC7-F12D-4C28-943F-6A5541C31F7E.jpeg

Mugler Alien Goddess Eau de Parfum 3 oz/ 89 mL reminds me of Armani Beauty My Way Eau de Parfum, as a compliment. Like a more edgy Armani. I personally love it.

@ch3rrytr1x  I ordered a DS of this, cant wait to get it and smell it...it sounds so good, and I love vanilla, so I'm hoping its as good as it sounds.  The bottle is gorgeous, too...esp. the travel size one.  I have a sample of My Way, so I'll have to compare them... 😊🤗

too%20faced%20lede

Too Faced is releasing a fragrance that "features a rich blend of golden amber, patchouli and raw cedarwood layered with a combination of passionfruit, lychee and peach. The middle notes include pink magnolia, sweet jasmine, vanilla orchid and black rose". Sounds like a typical fruity floral to me.

I've been searching for any fragrance dupe for Badgley Mischka. If anyone knows of a dupe, I'd love to know.

20210805_141911.jpg

@Thehouseofbaez Wouldn't call it a dupe but Mugler Angel Eau de Parfum is a big fruity scent with a patchouli base though Angel is way more in your face. You can search for this scent in Fragrantica where other users have suggestions for comparisons

@pocketvenus Thank you for the lead! I've heard Angel and Mugler Alien are really amazing scents. I just loved the sophisticated scent of Badgley Mischka so crossing my fingers.

@Thehouseofbaez You're welcome! If you want to go for a sophisticated vibe, I would consider a fruity chypre although definitely test first because they can smell dated to some people.

Classic fruity chypres include

• Guerlain's Mitsouko, total classic, very French
  • Rochas Femme, though I'm not sure what the current formulation is like. I have the 80s one by Oliver Cresp and it is the bomb. Warning, it is a little dirty.
  • Frederic Malle Le Parfum de Thérèse, a personal favourite, self-contained, a touch melancholy
  • Amouage Jubilation 25 for Woman, stunning!

Read on Persolaise's blog that Frederic Malle will be discontinuing Dries Van Noten and Superstitious! These are both great ones from the house, I wonder if there has been a push for reformulation that wasn't acceptable to the house. We saw Kilian have to ax many fragrances a few years after it was acquired by Estee Lauder, I hope the same doesn't happen with Malle. @WinglessOne 

Thanks for the heads-up, @pocketvenus ! This is such a bummer... now I'm also curious about reformulation mandates, which seem odd because Superstitious in particular is such a crowd pleaser. Strangers still ask me what I'm wearing (when I wear it, of course). I'm not a big fan of Dries Van Noten (don't hate it by any means, it's just a bit too powdery for me), but I know a couple folks who are. Sigh... Guess I'll keep an eye out for end-of-life discounts. 

EL's killed some good beauty products and brands this year. And yeah, I know, "pandemic-related profit losses," but geez. 😞 I keep forgetting to look for news updates on EL brands, to get a sense of what's next on the chopping block. 

1 Reply
testing