Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@CatheRH - I hope you like it!  Let us know what you think!  💖💖💖

@pocketvenus - Sunflower Pop sounds nice or maybe it's just the Van Gogh lover in me. 🤷‍♀️  Ariana Grande is giving me a migraine just reading the scent notes!  That is a definite pass. 😝

Fenty is coming out with a fragrance, set to release Aug 10. Promo copy describes the scent as "a memory encapsulated into a fragrance," with notes of "sensual magnolia," "seductive musk," "vibrant fruit" and "spice." I wonder if it will smell like a Kilian since Rihanna's signature perfume is from that house. You can snag a sample now at the website.

FB107750-Fenty-Fragrance-GWP-Activation_Category-Banner_Desktop-(1)

fenty%2520parfum%2520launch

So, it was a blind buy for me... And...no! This perfume is so strong and non descript. There is no sweetness or flowery smell. It does have a powdery smell when it dries down. It is masculine yet feminine and smells like old church lady. The bottle is beautiful. But that's it. I am a gourmand and musk lover. But this is a bad musk, that is certainly unforgettable. 

Thanks for sharing your experience, @Ashletta216 !  Too bad it wasn't a pleasant one!  😞

A little bit curious about this one but will have to try it in person and see if I like it and how long it lasts. @pocketvenus 

Oh and I’m a huge Kilian fan, so I looked up which one Rihanna wears, which seems to be Love, Don’t be Shy, which was my first high end fragrance purchase, (and remains a top 3 favorite fragrance for me.) So, even more curious now! 

@sister13 If you do get a chance to try it, I'm sure we'd all love to hear about it! 🙂

Fenty update, the notes are: magnolia, tangerine, blueberry, Bulgarian rose absolute, geranium, patchouli, musk. Lifestyle Asia reports the "floral and woodsy number isn’t quite like the other fragrances she’s lent her name to before, and that’s partially thanks to Jacques Cavallier Belletrud, the master perfumer for Louis Vuitton who worked with her directly on this."

Cavallier is currently the nose behind the LV perfumes. He also did hits like L'Eau d'Issey, JPG's Classique, Noir de Noir.

229820405_577500730293154_2012373464358430595_n-645x806

@pocketvenus - This combination does not sound very enticing to me.  Think I'll wait to see what others have to say first.

@Titian06 blueberry is definitely an unusual choice but I would expect Fenty to do something a little unusual. Not sure that it blends easily with the other notes in my mind. I don't have high expectations but I'm curious 🙂 Cavallier is a solid talent, and I do think some of his recent fragrances for LV have been quite good.

Byredo x Ouai is coming out with a Mojave Ghost scented leave-in conditioner, to be released at Sephora August 3rd, US$26

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2021%2F07%2Fouai-byredo-collaboration-leave-in-conditioner-4

New Kilians in the Liquors line

o.ZBz1MumwpXT

L’Heure Verte reflects the unique Parisian inductions and illusions, wild nights and pleasures, as they say from home. L’Heure Verte is named after the traditional French equivalent of ‘Happy Hour’ — a ritual serving of absinthe with sugar in a glass.

As the first collaboration between founder Kilian Hennessy and French perfumer Mathieu Nardin, L’Heure Verte is made to express Paris at its best. The composition is based on patchouli, with introductory notes of absinthe and licorice leaves and roots.

Top: absinthe
Heart: licorice absolute, violet leaf
Base: patchouli, vetiver, sandalwood, woods

Apple Brandy on the Rocks

This perfume was created by Sidonie Lancesseur in 2013 for the opening of New York’s KILIAN PARIS boutique. The fragrance returns with the original heart of apple brandy, but this time, there are additional accords of "ice." The combination of bergamot, pineapple, and cardamom cools the original, adding a touch of modernity.

Top: bergamot, pineapple, cardamom
Heart: rum, vanilla, moss
Base: cedar, ambroxan

Really interesting to see Kilian release a new version of Apple Brandy priced between their mass and luxury market lines, just like Tom Ford did with Leather Ombre. Maybe we'll see more of this at Kilian and other Estee Lauder houses. 

September 6th is the release date and I'm hoping Sephora gets it the same day! I want to use my Sephora card but Saks is doing a preorder and I'm soooo tempted.

This years new Le Labo city exclusive is for Berlin, Cedrat 37

2ECBDE3A-E893-4681-80B1-18C96712855C.jpeg

New L’Artisan Fable d’Orient

• Notes: Nutmeg, heliotrope, tonka bean, musc, amberketal

9E867BCB-CC60-4715-94E2-B0B491193A2E.jpeg

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2021%2F07%2Fcomme-des-garcons-parfum-erl-sunscreen-perfume-fragrance-price-where-to-buy-2

CdG has released another fragrance, Sunscreen, which is a little odd since they just did this concept in 2019 with Copper.

Inspired by Venice Beach in California, Sunscreen's top notes include bergamot oil and solar accord, while the middle notes feature lily of the valley, heliotrope and peach. Rounding out the scent are the dry down notes, which are musk, cedarwood oil and coconut accord.

It certainly sounds more conventional than Copper which had a bite of galbanum and metallic notes. This one reads more like your typical beachy scent.

Tom Ford Ebene Fumé is finally coming (November for Canada, US unknown)

C182D12F-A86D-4623-9735-669CE77FAB41.png

@Mochapj Wish I could read the Chinese characters in the screenshot but they are so small!

Hey @pocketvenus ! If you click on the photo, it should enlarge and the words become much clearer. I read it just now and it doesn’t say too much, just that based on the packaging it seems to be a wood-type scent and name-wise “Ebene” perhaps refers to ebony wood. The writer concludes this is likely a smoky, woody scent, but will need to wait for the fragrance notes to be published to be sure!

@Guessgal Thanks so much for the translation! I'm such a dodo, I didn't notice you could enlarge the image! 😄 

@pocketvenus I did see in some of the comments that someone saw a transparent bottle with pink liquid during a recent training session so that sounds like it may be the one called ‘Skin’

2 Replies
testing