Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@Mochapj Interesting, thank you for sharing!

@pocketvenus I put it through Google translate but it just came back saying that it says Ebene Fume a few times 😄

@Mochapj Ha ha ha! Thanks 🙂

From DS & Durga, the follow up to El Cosmico, Sweet Do Nothing 

FF924F88-F4BE-4853-9DE4-DB54A3F43883.jpeg

TOP: neroli, green coyote chola, desert pepper

HEART: texas everbearing fig, orange flower, incense

BASE: texas cedar, water musk, creosote

Sounds very summery 🌞

@pocketvenus Ooh I want to smell this so bad. 

@Margalee like @RavenR, the CdG is what came to mind first 🙂

A really unique scent with pepper that I love and own that's pretty femme is Noir Epices by Frederic Malle. It has cinnamon, but make no mistake, it is challenging, very dry and austere, textured and unexpected. It is a play on the Oriental aka Ambery fragrance genre, removing all the plushness typical of the genre which fills everything out with big, soft sweet notes like vanilla, tonka, and obviously amber, leaving behind this naked starkness. Remarkably beautiful but not at all in an easy going way. The other notes are quite prominent though. I would recommend testing it first.

Top notes: orange; geranium
Middle notes: clove; nutmeg; cinnamon; pepper
Base notes: patchoulisandalwood

@Margalee  Two Comme des Garcons come to mind... Blackpepper ( black pepper, cedar, agarwood, patchouli, musk and tonka bean ) and Black (  black pepper, black tea, incense, red pepper, thyme, violet, moss, birch tar, pepperwood ).

Oh. Montale Intense Pepper, too. And maybe L'Artisan Parfumeur Poivre Piquant. Or was that one more about white pepper...? Hmmm...

LV is jumping on the fancy bottle trend with a new "Extraits" collection. The bottles were designed by Frank Gehry.

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2021%2F07%2Flouis-vuitton-perfume-frank-gehry-bottle-design-0

“Cosmic Cloud” boasts a powdery and fruity musk aroma with notes of bergamot

“Dancing Blossom” is a flowery scent of Jasmine sambac, May rose, osmanthus and Indian tuberose

“Rhapsody” features flowery notes highlighted by fresh yerba maté and lily of the valley

“Stellar Times” is a deep, woody perfume with a touch of orange blossom

“Symphony” boasts fresh ginger zest with bergamot and grapefruit.

I tend not to have much faith in perfumes when they are released as a whole bunch. Not a priority on my testing list, honestly I am more curious to see what the bottles look like in person 😛

These look so gorg - hopefully at least one is fantastic enough to buy! I love Gehry’s work - a great collab! 🥰😍

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2021%2F06%2Faesop-fragrance-perfumes-new-scents-miraceti-karst-eremia-1

Aesop is releasing three new fragrances. From Hypebae

“Miraceti,” also dubbed “The Boat,” takes inspiration from the serenity of the sea and its “heady, swirling waves, oscillating horizon and peaceful yet isolating emptiness.” The scent features notes of labdanum to channel ocean-worn wood and the smell of a whisky cellar, followed by warm and woody ambrette and styrax.

“Karst” (aka “The Shore”) boasts a fresher aroma with mineral notes that aim to replicate the feeling of water. The formula is packed with spices such as cumin and sandalwood to round out a salty and metallic scent.

Finally, “Erémia,” or “The Wasteland,” comes with notes of galbanum, iris and yuzu for a bright, citrusy olfactory experience. The overall fragrance takes inspiration from wet moss and wildflowers.

Arriving in 50mL containers priced at $1,400 HKD (approximately $180 USD) each, the three “Othertopias” perfumes will arrive in Hong Kong at Aesop’s stores and online on July 5.

The first aquatic scents seem like a real departure from Aesop's regular fair. By this I don't just mean their earlier perfumes but all their products. So this should be interesting. Eremia sounds amazing and I really like their room scent with galbanum and jasmine, Olous. Karst sounds like Hermes' Epice Marine to me. 

@pocketvenus As a huge fan of Marrakech Intense I’m intrigued. It’ll be interesting to see how they take a lot of these rather dry and dark notes and make them aquatic.

@LCResz Yes! I quite like the earlier scents too. And in re-reading the description for Miraceti, I can see if it's more about the woodiness of wood than the "ocean worn" part, it's not as huge of a departure as Karst.

New release from Hiram Green, Vetiver. I reallllllllly want to try this.

From etiket

This spicy and woody fragrance is what Hiram Green imagines heartthrobs of Hollywood's golden age smelled like: elegant and charming, yet vigorous and adventuresome. 

The perfume takes its name from vetiver, an extraordinary tropical grass that originates from India. Its smell is complex: at the same time fresh, spicy, earthy and woody. Although vetiver is a popular ingredient in men's perfumes, inspiring examples of less masculine fragrances can certainly be found in perfume history. As you may expect, Hiram Green's Vetiver refuses to choose sides. 

Vetiver opens with a sharp aromatic blend of citrus fruits, followed by fresh ginger. At its heart all facets of vetiver are present. To add extra depth and complexity Hiram Green included two varieties of vetiver, one from Haïti and the other from Java. Once the vetiver heart begins to subside, cedarwood and ambrette seed provide a soft and gentle finish. 

Notes: citrus, ginger, vetiver, cedarwood, ambrette seed

@pocketvenus - This sounds awesome!  If you try it, let me know...and vice versa!  😍

@Titian06 Will do! Hiram Green has dabbled in vintage-y scents before so I wonder if it's going to be a throwback fragrance. They used to have one called Shangri-La which was this ultra soft, plush chypre that was not my style, not enough heft or edges for me, but still, a lovely fragrance.

New MMM Replica; Autumn Vibes

3079D43C-261B-4975-9199-051212368D2E.jpeg

@Mochapj I am always down to try anything with cardamom, if that's what the photo shows! Also love nutmeg.

@Mochapj Thanks! I saw this yesterday and I swear I nearly peed my pants with Glee! HAHA. Sounds amazing to me. I love cozy fall smells. I hope it is amazing.

@ChristalM @Mochapj I came across a little more info on this from NST Perfume

Scent Type: Classic Woods

Key Notes: Red Berries, Cardamom, Cedarwood, Moss

Fragrance Description: This crisp, woody perfume balances a note of fresh fir balsam with spicy cardamom alongside the warm scent of cedarwood to re-create a familiar moment of escape and gathering on an autumn day.

About the Fragrance: This earthy fragrance is inspired by the delight of a colorful day in fall, the sound of golden leaves crisping beneath heavy footsteps, and a breath of fresh air.

Additional notes include pink pepper.

@pocketvenus Thanks! Mine will be delivered today. So excited!

6 Replies
testing