Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@pocketvenus - I love the La Perla bottles (both pics)!  I also love the Miu Miu perfume cylinder with the cats!  💖💖💖

@Titian06 My exact same thoughts too !

@Titian06 Yes, the Miu Miu bottles are both stylish and playful, just like the fashion!

DS&Durga has an LE release, Magnolia City

E1345WgVcAEMYlw

Top Notes:
lemon, galbanum, moss phlox

Heart Notes:  
magnolia brooklynesis, weedy orchid, daffodil

Base Notes:
white musk, saucer magnolia, cherrywood

I have mixed feelings about this house. The scents I've tried all seem to rely on a similar structure but admittedly, I have not tried even half of their fragrances. The ones I have though are very similar in the dry down.

I have a handful of scents from this house. The 4 I have bottles of (Debaser, Spirit Lamp, Spirit of the Glen, Lilac City) are all pretty distinct but when I’ve purchased sample decants in the past I’ve definitely noticed they favour certain notes in a lot of their perfumes.

while I like the idea of their ‘Studio Juice’ concept, I wish it was a little more experimental than it has been thus far. That said. Lilac City is one of my favourite scents in my entire collection and I’m still mad that they only made it as an LE 🤣

@Mochapj yes, I didn't mean to imply "studio juice" is an inherent negative and of course, other houses have their "house formula" too. If one really likes the dry down, that's a huge bonus, not a detraction from the house.

I found the DS&Durga style works really, really well with more of the warmer, smoky and woody scents like Mississippi Medicine or Bowmakers but I found it a little out of place for say, something like Pale Grey Mountain, Small Black Lake which was supposed to feel chilly and stony. This isn't to say PGMSBL is a bad fragrance, only the dry down gave me the opposite vibe of what's in the copy.

I just looked up Lilac City, love how they did the notes pyramid!! 

New Les Eaux fragrance from Chanel 

9260280250398-LES-EAUX-2020-PDP-EDIMBOURG-FRAGRANCE-974px

An aromatic, woody fragrance that conjures the wild and majestic landscape of the Scottish Highlands, where Gabrielle Chanel found solace in nature.

A powerful burst of juniper berry and cypress evolves into a warm vetiver accord with earthy undertones and smoky accents, for a warm-yet-surprisingly-fresh scent.  

Notes: bergamot, juniper berry, cypress, lavender, cedar, vetiver, vanilla and musks

Have you had a chance to sniff this yet @pocketvenus ? My sweet SA from the boutique sent me some and it’s quite nice! I think the explanation is pretty spot on too! May have to pick it up soon, will you try it? @Titian06 , my Nordstrom wasn’t sure when it was coming to them. Hope soon! 

@Sunnysmom I'm so glad you enjoyed this! I haven't tried it though I've tried the rest of the line. I found them to be well executed, easy wears but too "polite" for my style if that makes sense. Chanel is such a great house and their fragrances are remarkably reasonably priced.

Yes @pocketvenus lol think I know what you mean. I only have a few, Beige and Riviera, the Nordstrom exclusive  I think it is. So many other fragrances to enjoy out there! They are a great house though I agree! 

@Sunnysmom they would definitely be nice for the office or environments where it's inappropriate to wear something loud 🙂 I love the Exclusifs line, Cuir de Russie is one of my favourite leathers ❤️

Definitely @pocketvenus , very true. Yes I like several of those as well. How fun, my friend loves Cuir also! 🥰   I think it was one of the very last things I was able to smell in person last summer when I bought Beige. So long ago! Look so forward to being to sniff in person yet again! 

@pocketvenus - This sounds nice!  I hope I can find a sample.  The couple of Chanel counters around here left when Bon-Ton went under.

@Titian06 Ohhhhh I hope so too and that is sad about the closures. I haven't kept up with the closures on Toronto's Mink Mile where all the luxury boutiques are. I haven't been in forever since Toronto's been in some form of retail lockdown since like, November? December? I can't even remember, it's been so long. Kind of scared to go back and see all the empty spaces. I think some k-beauty retailers have totally pulled out of the city too.

LUSH has released a few new discovery sets in the UK, starting at £49. Jealous!! The B-Sides and Rarities set looks fun.

volume_4_samples_of_society_discovery_perfume_gifts_hero_image_2021_01

volume_1_b_sides_and_rarities_discovery_perfume_gifts_hero_image_2021_01

@pocketvenus  They do! I belong to a Lush forum and everyone was raving about these! 

Another new scent from Floraiku; I Dream of Paris

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 7.36.22 AM.png

New LE Byredo, Open Sky

o.103225

Top: pomelo, black pepper
Heart: hemp leaves
Base: Palo Santo, vetiver

New Floraiku for their 3772 collection; What A Day!

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 11.46.15 AM.png

New Diptyque, Eau Rihla to mark their 60th birthday 

Top notes: raspberry, pink pepper, saffron
Heart: leather, iris, cedar
Base: vanilla, musk

CFE3AF28-1A2C-4257-A52B-BAD78CCA5EAF.png

@Mochapj Raspberry and leather, I wonder how this will compare to TF's Tuscan Leather?

testing