Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@pocketvenus I can't resist rhubarb and last day of sale right? Oh dear....I ordered.

Yay! Definitely let us know how you like it, @ChristalM!

@curlychiquita So I received it and have drowned myself it in for the past two days! LOL.

Beautiful fragrance, just as I expected a nice sharp green rhubarb. Love it. Also as expected, not a power house in terms of sillage or longevity but I love it nonetheless! Great summer fragrance!

@ChristalM @I’m so glad that you love it. I’m eyeing on the Rose one but couldn’t pull myself to pull the trigger. 😂🤣

That's awesome to hear, @ChristalM!  Thank you! 💗

@curlychiquita  will do! NOW MUST STOP SHOPPING

@pocketvenus Oh I freaking love those bottles lol. Even though I can't smell I still really want to get those. 

@Samtian I'm sorry to hear that your sense of smell hasn't come back yet. ☹️

@curlychiquita Thank you! Hopefully someday, I'm tired of phantom smells lol. 

@Samtian Oh Samtian! I'm sorry to hear this has gone on so long. I also hope you fully regain your sense of smell back and that the phantom smells are at least pleasant.

@pocketvenus Thank you! The phantom smells are horrible. Either smoke, nail polish remover or nail polish remover and burnt rubber, or very very heavy cleaning chemicals. 

@Samtian Oof, the smoke and burnt rubber can signal possible danger so I hope that's not too stressful - I sincerely hopes this abates for you and you are able to enjoy other scents again soon <333

@pocketvenus Thank you, I hope so too! I have trauma from smoke in the past so the smoke really really bothers me.

@Samtian Oof, that's really rough. I especially hope that one goes away soon!

I saw these on Holts this morning,I'm interested to see what the rhubarb one smells like but the bottles just look cheap to me.

@pocketvenus @The scents sound intriguing but the bottle ... why oh why 😂🤣

@Seymore3 @blackkitty2014 Yes, the bottles are quite the departure from the original branding! This is the first luxury house I can think of that's moving with the 70s design trend which definitely doesn't suggest luxury.

Will be interesting to see if other houses follow suit. There are other successful beauty brands like Glossier that are pushing this trend so it may grow.

@pocketvenus @Seymore3 @blackkitty2014 JM has definitely been heading in a different packaging direction for 2021; first with the Spring Blossoms and now this summer LE offering, looks like cylindrical bottle style is their new thing, but the overall aesthetic has been all over the place! Clear and colorful vs opaque and old fashioned, seems like JM is having an identity crisis. Let’s see what happens when new permanent additions come around. If Scarlet Poppy can be used as a clue, JM may indeed be saying goodbye to its sleek and minimal style and going for a shake up to the brand 🤔

@Seymore3 @blackkitty2014 @LCResz @Samtian 

Yes, the bottle design has been lacking in cohesion lately. It's almost as if they lost their bottle supplier and had to make do with whatever was available! This new design though is so totally different, it feels like it has to be intentional. I mean, the summer blossom bottles were unexpected but they still kept the same font. These new bottles are so different, it makes me wonder if the plan is to target a different customer now. The original branding is starting to feel dated as well, a bit too prim, stuffy even? Whereas the new branding is more relaxed and playful. 

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2021%2F04%2Fdiptyque-city-candles-collection-home-release-1

City exclusive candles avail direct until April 25 🙂

Looks like there are a few more scents in that "eau de" line that Tom Ford is releasing and it is branded the Resort collection:

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 10.31.07 AM.png

testing