Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

Dolce And Gabanna's Shine perfume. It's got the most gorgeous scent. Also Love & Peace by Juicy Couture which has been my go to scent for years. Aeropostale has two fantastic perfumes, Moonstone Dream, and Rose Quartz Peace. They are super cheap and smell beyond nice. 

JHAG Pear is now available!

New Aqua Allegoria Guerlains for spring

o.102443o.102442

FLORA SALVAGGIA paints landscapes of spring meadows and fields where we can enjoy flowers in full bloom; lush, green grasses swaying in the wind and aromatic herbs that stun our senses and play throughout the composition. The fragrance is created as floral and bright, and opens with the juicy and fresh watery scent of watermelon combined with violets and wildflowers in the opening, which are a prelude to the dominant orange blossoms and sunny jasmine Sambac flowers in the heart of the fragrance, creating a feeling of the warmth of sun rays. Over time, powdery violet, white musk and noble iris combine to create a fascinating finish.

NOTES: watermelon, powdery violet, wild flowers, orange blossom, jasmine Sambac, solar notes, white musk, iris

NETTARE DI SOLE is solar nectar, flower nectar, which smells like an image of bees landing on flowers and collecting pollen. This sunny creation combines flowers in their full splendor: magnolia, rose, and jasmine Sambac, which are accented with solar notes and mixed with a delicious and warm scent of honey, which dominates the sweet, thick and warm sunny shades. Freshness is provided by Calabrian bergamot and sparkling orange blossoms. The creation offers a rich but light floral scent perfect for spring and summer days and evenings.

NOTES: Calabrian bergamot, watery notes, orange blossom, magnolia, rose, jasmine Sambac, solar notes, floral notes, honey

These sound more complex than others in this line, I wonder if they're heavier too.

@pocketvenus - Both of these sound nice!  I would love to take these for a test drive!  💖💖💖

@Titian06 @Samtian Maybe Sephora will release them in the travel sizes like some of the others in this line? They both sound like nice summer scents. I especially love jasmine sambac ❤️

Ooh I wish I could smell these!

new SL sampler listed!

Serge Lutens Collection Noire Discovery Set 

@ChristalM I went to pick this up as a gift during the sale and it's not available anymore 😢

@pocketvenus I found out the hard way too 😞

@ChristalM :'(

Oh wow!!  😍😍 Nice find @ChristalM! Will have to see which scents are included in this set. Thank you! 

new Tom ford releases...New TF frag.PNG

@blackkitty2014 @ChristalM @Mochapj 

Found out a little more info on these from Fragrantica! They are EDT flankers, priced at US$92/30ml and US$134/50ml.

"Red, wet and sheer, Eau de Jasmin Rouge Eau de Toilette is a flourishing aquatic twist on the hedonistic floral. Bursting with juicy, thirst-quenching citrus, its heady flower heads of jasmine afloat the water's surface — a transcendent fragrance that transports to the glistening French Riviera.

The opening is combined from bright citruses and Italian bergamot, highlighting the floral core of jasmine flowers and watery accords. Cardamom gives a spicy touch from the base.

Sicilian mandarin and magnolia are enhanced with Gustavia, known as the tree of heaven and prized for its blossoms that last for just one day. The fresh vibrancy of the Eau De Vert Boheme Eau de Toilette awakens a divine first bloom, crystal-clear and exposed, recalling the waves on the Corsican shores.

The composition starts with an elegant dose of violet leaves, combined with sparkling citruses (Sicilian mandarin orange and bergamot). Magnolia and honeysuckle create a floral theme imbued with sea breezes, followed by the woodsy accord of Gustavia ScentTrek™."

Not sure how I feel about an aquatic jasmine and a sea breeze-y green fragrance. I tend to dislike aquatic perfumes.

Thanks for the additional information, @pocketvenus !  The jasmine scent sounds interesting, but I would definitely want to do a sniff test first.

Oh interesting. I definitely want to take a sniff at these. The price points are not bad. Thx for posting @pocketvenus ❤️

Darn it, why didn’t they bring back Venetian Bergamot. It’s the scent I like the most out of the 4 @Mochapj @ChristalM @pocketvenus . Eau de Jasmine Rouge....that one intrigues me

@blackkitty2014 That's my favorite, too. I wore it every day for a long time and still have a little bit left.

@blackkitty2014 I think that's a separate collection with the Verts being Boheme, de Fleur, d'Encens, des Bois but totally agreed it would be nice to see others return!! 🙂 

Interesting that they chose Boheme out of all of the Vert range since it was supposedly the least popular of the 4 🤔

@ChristalM Oooo, I love the emerald green bottle ❤️ 

@pocketvenus  @ChristalM 

I had a chance to try out Soleil Brûlant yesterday. Based on the initial notes I'd seen it wasn't quite what I was expecting, but I do think it fits very well within the 'Soleil' theme.

It opened with a spicy, peppery blast, actually not too dissimilar to the make up that I enjoyed at the beginning of Tubereuse Nue. I also get a lot of the vetiver on my skin but none of the citrus notes.

As it opens up it is mostly creamy, tanning lotion vibes, lots of orange blossom. Surprisingly I get none of the sweetness or honey notes that it's supposed to be based around. In the background there's a little bit of an incense note but it's not very strong.

Longevity was quite poor. After 2 hours it was gone. I've only tried the other Soleil flankers when they each came out, so I'm not sure if that's typical of the Soleil line but I was quite surprised by how fleeting it was.

Listed notes:

Bergamot, Mandarin, pink pepper, Orange blossom, honey, wood, resin, vetiver, leather, olibanum, amber
testing