Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@Mochapj Thanks for the review! 2h is incredibly short 😮 Especially with notes like honey and amber!

@pocketvenus I was really surprised by how quickly it had passed. I can only imagine that in warmer weather the time would be even shorter 🙁

@Mochapj  ah thanks for the review and tag! That sounds a little disappointing to me. I will give it a sniff if I see it out but I am not sure I will seek it out sadly 😞

@ChristalMbased on the notes listed on Fragrantica I had pretty high hopes for it but it was pretty disappointing how it developed on my skin 🙁

New JHAG, Pear Inc., will be released in April 2021. An unusual name!

o.101925

Pear Inc is built as a fruity-musky composition with a touch of a gourmand character. It is based on notes of green pear, milky musk, and a twist of ambroxan.

The TF Soleil Brulânt fragrance is launching (for Canada) on 4/5

3B8FABBA-F512-4833-A832-6378050489FA.jpeg

@Mochapj The notes sound good 

Top - Bergamot, Mandarin Orange and Pink Pepper

Middle - Orange Blossom and Honey

Base - Amber, Resin, Woody Notes, Vetiver, Leather and Olibanum

DS& Durga has released St. Vetyver

a robust cologne. A high quality vision of vetyver set amongst Caribbean plants and objects. It pays homage to the famous Caribbean colognes of sailors and lovers of the sea. Pure aged distillate of Haitian vetyver is expanded with sweet notes of cane plant and spiced rhum. Fresh island grass and tropical citrus complete an elegant symphonic perfume. It’s classic DSD–old world updated to modern tastes.

Top: sour orange, pink pepper, sea grass

Heart: cane, clove leaf, toquilla straw

Base: vetyver, breadnut, rhum agricole

St_Vetyver_100ml_800x

Tom Ford has a new Soleil Brulant fragrance. I can't find much information but I understand it has coffee notes and is a gourmand fragrance. The bottle is a gold metal.

@ChristalM  that's one of the trademarks I uncovered a few months back.

It was listed under their fragrance/cosmetics section so I wasn't sure if it was going to be a bronzer or a perfume but I guess they're really trying to expand the 'Soleil' range of fragrances 😄

I'll be interested to smell this one when it comes out.

ETA: I wanted to go back and see how long it's been since that trademark came out... looks like it's around 9 months from filing to finding an actual product attached to the name. That'll be helpful to forecast how long we have to wait for some of the other sillier trademarks (Skin, Gold Bikini, Vanilla Sex) and the one I'm most looking forward to, Ebene Fumé.

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Brand-Loyal/Tom-Ford-Updates/m-p/5588256/highlight/true#M86490

@Mochapj Yes, still waiting for the Ebene Fume 🙂 Sounds more like a fall/winter release than spring/summer though.

@Mochapj Oh thank you for your sleuthing! HAHA. I am curious about this one and Vanilla Sex. I love a good vanilla. I hope it does not disappoint. 

has anyone tried Henry Rose?

Jo Malone has announced a mix of new releases and re-releases for their 2021 Blossoms line

o.101662

Red Hibiscus features a top of mandarine orange, a heart of rich and spicy ylang ylang, heady jasmine sambac and hibiscus, and a base evoking the warmth of vanilla, Red Hibiscus Cologne Intense is composed as a warm and deep, exotic perfume.

RED HIBISCUS NOTES:

Top: Mandarine Orange
Heart: Ylang Ylang, Sambac Jasmine, Hibiscus
Base: Vanilla

Available for a limited time through the brand's website in 30ml (US $98) and 100ml (US $198).

The Yellow Hibiscus Cologne is described as an exotic bloom growing on tropical islands. The composition offers Yellow Hibiscus notes in the top that beam from the fragrance with a bright sparkling note. In the heart, rose comes in, whose opulent floral aroma, with its spicy, honey facets, wraps the scent with a sumptuous texture. White Musk is placed in the base of the scent; a powdery, clean note that, according to the house, enhances the trail of the scent, adding a softness that endures.

YELLOW HIBISCUS NOTES:

Top: Yellow Hibiscus
Heart: Rose
Base: White Musk

Available for a limited time through the brand's website in 30 ml (US $74) and 100 ml (US $144). 

The two existing Jo Malone fragrances that were added to this 2021 Blossoms collection, poured in the new collection's bottles, are Frangipani Flower Cologne (launched in 2019) and Nashi Blossom Cologne (from 2016). The first is a scent offering the solar warmth and airy lightness of the frangipani flower, accented by luminous jasmine petals and creamy sandalwood, while the latter is a radiant, bright composition of lemon, complemented by a crisp bite of apple, floral notes of rose and pear blossom, and a trail of white musk. Both are available through the Jo Malone website in 100 ml (priced at US $144) and 30 ml (US $74), as well as at other points of sale.

Is it just me? I feel like the bottles look rather cheap for the price ? 

@blackkitty2014 It's not just you 👀

LV's unisex line is releasing On the Beach

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2021%2F03%2Flouis-vuitton-on-the-beach-perfume-fragrance-1

From Hypebae

"[On the Beach] takes inspiration from sensorial experiences that involve soft and warm sand, calm waves and the pleasant memory of a day at the beach. With citron serving as the key scent, the blend features neroli, as well as subtle hints of thyme, rosemary and pink pepper. The product is rounded out with a touch of cypress to replicate the feeling of a tree’s shade."

Doesn't really sound like my thing but the bottle is so pretttty. Reminds me a little of the 19-69 bottles

19-69-cologne-group-1

I love the LV scents but don't know if they are lesser on the non-toxic side.  

@pocketvenus - I agree, the bottle is very pretty.  I would love to try a sample.  🤔

Malin + Goetz has released a new scent, Strawberry

fragrance-strawberry-pp-02

a reimagined interpretation of the common garden strawberry - deconstructed and unexpected. this fragrance stimulates the senses using a dynamic blend of fresh and bright notes of bergamot and pink pepper with warm musks, jasmine petals, and orris root to reveal a memorable, genderless scent.

top. sparkling bergamot, mara strawberry, pink pepper.
middle. jasmine petals, jasmine lactone captive, woodland greens.
base. cedarwood, oakmoss, captive musks, orris root.

wow; I feel this would be perf for summer!

2 Replies
testing