Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

I'm super obsessed with Givenchy L'Interdit right now.

I have a question, is there a place to sell old fragrances. I think ebay stopped letting you sell used fragrances. I have a few guerlain fragrances that I have used once or twice but just didnt love.

@ChrisCupcakes Yes, that's correct about eBay but listings still get around the rules. I've found it's really important to do research now, I've read so many stories of people getting sent lemons.

Sephora doesn't allow sales but there is a trade thread https://community.sephora.com/t5/Besides-Beauty/Trade-Thread-2021/m-p/5726190

Launching March 8 from 7 Virtues

sant-van

SANTAL VANILLE is a woody spice blend, reminiscent of a warm cashmere sweater with creamy coconut and cocoa with lasting notes of sustainably sourced sandalwood. It contains 25% fragrance oils and features top notes of Coconut Milk, Cardamom, Myrrh Absolute, and Black pepper from Sri Lanka; middle notesof Olibanum, Cedarwood, and Vanilla; and base notes of Kashmir fushion, cocoa absolute and Sandalwood from Sri Lanka.

I was a big fan of their vanilla woods, so had to order this one! Someone described it as a more mature vanilla woods, so I'm very hopeful.

@elise222 Definitely sounds like their newer releases are getting more complex.

00_story%252520(1)

Boy Smells of Millennial pink candle fame has released a new line of perfumes. The ad copy seems to make a huge deal about the fact it's not being marketed to any gender except instead of "genderless", it's "genderful" because it balances masculine and feminine notes. I get the subtle difference but neologism aside, making a perfume that anyone can wear regardless of their gender identity is pretty old news at this point.

The five scents that make up Cologne de Parfum take notes often considered masculine or feminine and blend them in ways that make them complement each other and expand them into something more.

Violet End, gives the soft, powdery floral a “chic and dark” makeover with base notes such as orris, black tea, incense, and smoked papyrus. Suede Pony puts a new, approachable spin on leather by blending saffron, pineapple, and cardamom, with coconut water and hazelnut, and of course, suede. Rethinking traditional florals, the collection also introduces a new generation of the classics. Rose Load takes rose and adds many juicy, jewel-toned notes like rhubarb and raspberry blossom for a bright, shiny take on the classic that is loved by so many. Then, there’s Flor de la Virgen, a celebration of jasmine that is made plush and pillowy with lemon rind, fig leaf, ivy, and clear musks. It’s floral but not familiar, and there’s a dewy note that calls to mind not just flowers but the whole garden, the greenery, the soil in the spring. Finally, there’s Tantrum, a bright, searing green scent that’s balanced by earthy, herbaceous peppercorn, bergamot, mint, and sandalwood.

The candles are nice so I'm curious to try these, though I doubt they represent a new generation of classics ha ha. I would be happy if a few of these turned out to be solid scents. It would be a total coup if even one of these passed the high bar of classic!

Their candles are delightful, so I'm curious about these!

@pocketvenus, the notes on these fragrances sound good. I like their candles so I’m intrigued. 😍

@pocketvenus - Violet End and Tantrum sound good to me.  I look forward to your reviews of any that you are able to try.  💖💖💖

@Titian06 I am definitely curious to read reviews about this 🙂 Will tag you if I get my mitts on them!

pls tag me, too! thnx.

New Diptyque Orpheon with notes of juniper and jasmine 

023EBA25-C7F1-43EF-AB08-DBB520A80A66.png

@Mochapj I see this page has been created on Holt's site but has been taken down? Strange! Here's what I pulled from Google's cache.

Paris in the early 60s. The Saint-Germain quarter was alive with the rhythm of all-night sessions in jazz clubs and artistic encounters. People would discuss the world, dance and laugh in a warm atmosphere as vibrant as it was elegant ... Orphéon was one of the bars, filled with joyful effervescence, where the three founders of the nearby diptyque boutique liked to meet. Today, paying tribute to this era and to creative friendships, the bar is immortalised in the olfactory portrait that bears its name: Orphéon. Freeze frame: curls of tobacco smoke mingle with powdery trails of blusher, lingering on burnished wood. At the heart of the composition is the atmosphere, recognizable through the warmth of the tonka bean, the depth of cedar and the vivacity of juniper berries.

• Fragrance Notes: Juniper Berry, Cedar, Tonka Bean, Jasmine.

This one sounds good! Diptyque's recent offerings have been pretty solid so I hope to try this at some point.

o.100652

Hermes has released a new masculine, H24. An enveloping sage, an electric narcissus, an invigorating rosewood and a warm, metallic note of sclarene make up this composition of the future. Persolaise reports that it departs from the woody-amber trend and that the nose, Christine Nagel, describes it as a high-tech fougere inspired by Vent Vert. I'm really looking forward to trying this one.

This one does sound interesting @pocketvenus. 🤔 

OMG I don't think this has been posted yet but has everyone seen- Overose is coming out with perfumes!! They make the BEST candles, I'm so excited about this! They're coming out with 8, some will be the same as the candles but some will be new scents. Hopefully Sephora will be carrying these

overose.png

@katy1762, I love their candles! 😍 Will have to keep an eye out for their perfume collection! That bottle is beautiful. 

@lmaster, did you see this? ⬆️

O M G @itsfi thank you for tagging me!!!!! I so so so hope Sephora will carry these 🙏

You and me both @lmaster! The problem will be which one to pick up. I wonder if they will have a mini sampler or discovery set... 🤔

A mini set would be amazing!!!!! @itsfi 

@katy1762 That bottle!! 🌈

testing