Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@Mochapj @blackkitty2014 More info on Tubéreuse Nue, now available at Nordstrom

Tubéreuse Nue conjures the nocturnal bloom of tuberose, its fresh petals merging with a supple suede accord and Timut pepper to release deep sensuality under the veil of night, with soft musk capturing the afterglow

The notes pyramid varies? I've seen

• Tuberose absolute, India Orpur,* szechuan peppercorn, suede accord from NST Perfume
  • Top notes Sichuan Pepper, Lily and Jasmine; middle notes are Tuberose, Cacao, Styrax and Benzoin; base notes are Musk, Suede, Agarwood (Oud) and Tonka Bean from Fragrantica

Tom-Ford-Tubereuse-Nue-Eau-de-Parfum-2-e1610209410652

@pocketvenus My sample arrived today, and when I opened the box I was literally assaulted by a wall of floral. So, this is no shy floral. And as my SA warned me, it has a pretty strong suede note to it.

Going to try it on shortly, and will share some more thoughts later or tomorrow.

@Mochapj Thanks for the tag! I definitely want to try this one. Did you smell any oud? I was thinking that whole creamy, blue cheese kind of oud might work well with this but also, it might turn people off.

@pocketvenus I didn’t smell any oud, myself (which was a shame for me, personally)

I asked my SA about it when she told me she was sending me one and she said she didn’t get oud either, just lots of suede so it must be pretty minimal.

I've had it on for around 6 hours but I’m going to defer to tomorrow and re-try because I remembered I’m wearing scented body lotion today. I’d rather confirm what I’m smelling is the scent, not the scent mixing with my cream.

suffice it to say for now, although I’m not really a floral girl, especially not big white florals, this was nothing like I expected. It is actually making me consider picking up a bottle, which I never in a million years thought I’d say.

@Mochapj Interesting! Given the name, I was think it would be a diva tuberose.

@Mochapj I like your description “assault by a wall of flower” 🤣😂😜

@pocketvenus my SA said she has popped a sample of this into the mail for me to try. She said the dry down is beautiful but warned me it started off a little harshly before it got there. I’ll post once it arrives and I’ve had a chance to try it 

@Mochapj Oooo, looking forward to hearing your thoughts! Sometimes the best fragrances are like that, a little too much in the beginning but worth waiting it out.

@pocketvenus thx you. I hope this is good. Everything seems right down my alley. 😘❤️🌹

@blackkitty2014 Definitely interested in trying this one!

@pocketvenus @Mochapj Please report back if you decide to try this one 😘 

@blackkitty2014 Will do and tag u ❤️ Might take awhile with Ontario in a state of emergency tho!!

A new Zoologist is coming, Snowy Owl

o.77666

A thick carpet of silver envelops the landscape, untouched but for the dazzling reflection of the sun. Snow stretches as far as the eye can see, while a bitter wind rolls silently across the sky, its hush barely broken by the powerful beat of an ivory wing. Despite the stillness of the arctic, the snowy owl senses a flutter beneath the icy crust far below. Through snowy tunnels voles scamper, oblivious to their fate. A warm glow stirs within the breast of the majestic bird as it dives, confident in its mastery over the frigid kingdom.

Zoologist Snowy Owl glides on with a minty opening, while the gentle warmth of musk combines with beautiful hints of snowdrops, lily of the valley and iris. Sweet coconut and woody vanilla swoop in to surprise and entice. Snowy Owl merges cool vitality with exquisite softness in a captivating scent, ideal for those who aren't afraid to take what they desire.

Snowy Owl was developed by perfumer  Dawn Spencer Hurwitz. Additional notes include snow accord, mint, rose, mate, frankincense, galbanum, ambrette, cedar, civet, musks, oakmoss and tonka bean. 

@pocketvenus I have been wearing a sample of this for a few weeks and I LOVE IT! it smells like snow and cold weather! LOL

@ChristalM The notes pyramid is definitely interesting, especially as I associate some of them with warmth! Sounds very unique and creative, so glad you're enjoying it 🙂

Lately I’ve been obsessed with YSL Black Opium Neon Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Eau de Parfum Neon 2.5 oz/ 75 mL Eau de Parfum Spray   My usual go to has always been Versace Bright Crystal Absolu 

Looks like Costa Azzurra has been rebranded into the Signature fragrance line, from the Private Blend collection. I assume this means it's probably been reformulated in some way as they did when they moved Ombre Leather and Beau de Jour.

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 11.22.26 AM.png

New Jo Malone: Scarlet Poppy Intense. From JM’s site: From poppies in the golden fields of England to the wild steppes of Asia, home of the great scarlet poppy. This ravishing scent has been inspired by its extravagant blooms, and amplified by velvety iris. Barley and tonka bean add a double hit of sweet decadence while a burst of succulent fig draws us into this opulent and moreish fragrance. This sounds like Poppy & Barley turned up to 11, which is fine by me, Poppy & Barley is a great scent. I’ll have to layer it with Fig & Lotus Flower to see how those notes could potentially play together.

659CB610-FE83-4E32-BEE3-C56116D5F593.jpeg

@LCResz You definitely could be right as the nose is Mathilde Bijaoui who did Poppy & Barley and the other English Fields scents! She's also the nose behind three Etat Libres including the award winning Etat Libre d'Orange Like This 🙂

@pocketvenus Detective Pocketvenus is on the case! I did a few experiments of layer Poppy & Barley with a few other JMs as test runs, and thankfully poppy plays nicely with lots of other scents! I caved and ordered Scarlet Poppy, I’ll let you know what it’s like when I get it!

@LCResz Looking forward to hearing what you think!!

testing