Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@Samtian  ish.  lol.

@Samtian @missjeanie I feel like houses are trying to see how high the fragrance market can go, what people are willing to pay. Apparently, it's pretty high.

@pocketvenus Lol apparently. It does sound and look cool though.

@pocketvenus  I don’t generally get sticker shock with beauty... there’s a market for everything right 🤷🏻‍♀️ But this one made me raise my brows a little. I’d be curious to know how many they end up selling. 

@missjeanie I'd love to know 👀 This isn't the highest I've seen though. Roja Dove did a scent for £75,000 for one $$$$ client. It's wasn't even bespoke, it was just exclusive, served up in three diamond encrusted 100ml bottles with 18k gold plates.

The heady, sensual juice features top notes of bergamot, orange, lime, lemon, lavender and verbena; heart notes of rose, jasmine, ylang ylang, fig and geranium; and base notes of oakmoss, patchouli, saffron, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, cedarwood, sandalwood, casmir wood, aoud, birch, cocoa, benzoin, orris, labdanum, cistus, leather, musk, civet and ambergris. 

@pocketvenus Yes, at least this one is customized.  I would however think that part of the experience of purchasing the trunk is getting to consult in person.  I'd feel a bit cheated by doing it over zoom.  Some things are just more appropriate in person and scents are one of them.  

@missjeanie Definitely!! I can't imagine a bespoke process that doesn't involve smelling many things unless you had total trust in the nose. I also think a chunk of the appeal is having someone to listen suuuuuuper attentively to you as you talk solely about yourself, your memories and interests, ha ha.

For 70k I'll listen to anyone who wants to talk to me @pocketvenus ! lol

@missjeanie same!! 🤣

Anonymous Insider

My new favourite has to be the Tom Ford Lost Cherry. It has been on my “want” list for awhile but the price tag has always been a scare for me. I finally caved in and bought it - and all I have to say is wow. It smells like sweet cherries, with a mix of vanilla. The scent is so unique and so classy. Perfect if your the boujee rouge shopper or love Tom Ford! Never fails to impress me.

Been absolutely OBSESSED with all TOM FORD scents lately.... I literally had a dream that I was smelling all of his perfume’s last night😳🤣 it was a “f***ing fabulous” dream😂🤪 #TOMFORD

New from Marc Jacobs is the Daisy Spring collection:

Screenshot 2020-12-05 162746.jpg

I have my eye on the Marc Jacobs Fragrances Daisy Spring Eau de Toilette 

As I mentioned back in the summer, looks like this one is finally coming soon

BF3C6F65-9144-4A25-AA1E-54D4CBF00489.png

@Mochapj I really hope this will be cult classic liked Jasmine Rouge but I don’t have lots of faiths after the recent releases 😂🤣

@Mochapj  @blackkitty2014 Really curious to try this one 🙂

More trademarks registered

SOLEIL BRÛLANT

EBÈNE FUMÉ

GOLD BIKINI

Ford used to be ahead of the curve. Tuberose has been trending for awhile and he's a bit late to the smoky genre. I would love to smell them both though, the tuberose and the fir balsam smoke. 

@pocketvenus I agree. The brand doesn't seem to be innovating much anymore so much as just cashing in on what they know has worked before. 

I shared those 3 TM in the TF thread a while back. As they seemed to be for cosmetics, I didn't think to post them here.

I'm curious to see what Ebene Fume ends up being, but Gold Bikini just makes me shake my head 😄

@Mochapj Yes, I wasn't sure if these names were for fragrance or other cosmetics! But I'd definitely be into smelling an Ebene Fume if the name is indeed for a fragrance. TF has already released a really great coniferous green incense with Vert d'Encens. I can still recall how it captured the scent of resinous sap and how strong just one spray was! I hold out hope that Ebene Fume will add something new to the smoky genre, but if not, at least it will be solid quality. As for Gold Bikini, I hope that's not a fragrance but the way the names have been going, I wouldn't be surprized! 😂

@pocketvenus Vert D’Encens is a personal fave, and I quite liked most of the other scents that went with the Vert range. It is very strong but I love it in winter. 

in a somewhat similar vein, I noticed recently a lot of ‘testers’ for Moss Breches have started popping up on third party sellers. It’s possible they are fakes but also possible that MB might finally be coming back again 🤞🏽🤞🏽

as for gold bikini, all I can think of is it as a Star Wars reference (since I am of a certain age) but that seems like such a bizarre reference point (even with how 70s obsessed the brand is) that I refuse to believe that’s what the name means

@Mochapj I quite enjoyed the Vert line too! I am a fan of Balmain's Vent Vert and all its descendants so it was a pleasure to see something like Vert Fleur hit the market. TF has been great at reviving older perfume styles without going full out down the homage to vintage route. It does charge a premium for it, but who else is doing it that has the distribution and reach of TF?

I recently saw a talk with Frederic Malle and there was this excitement over how "perfumery is back" and I think so much of that is owed to TF, silly names and all. 

And wow, verrrrrrry interesting to hear about MB testers, I had no idea. Here's hoping!!!

@Mochapj This is great news!  

1 Reply
testing