Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@pocketvenus Any idea what those translate to? 

@Samtian  @missjeanie I have no idea! My guess would be minerally or metallic notes? But honestly, antimatter particles probably smell like nothing??

@pocketvenus Vapor is probably ozone or something like that lol. 

@Samtian Good guess 🙂

Good point about anti-matter @pocketvenus !

@pocketvenus @Samtian  I was wondering the same... I've never had the luxury of smelling cosmic dust or supernova... That colours on the packaging are gorgeous enough to make me want to buy without even knowing what it smells like. 

@missjeanie Haha same. 

Lots of holiday candles available right now! Share your favourites ❤️

Cire Trudon which I believe are LE editions of existing scents.

• Gabriel (Holiday Edition) Fragrance Notes- Birch Wood, Glace Chestnut, Cashmere Wood, Moss, Cedarwood, Musk, Patchouli
  • Gloria Fragrance Notes - Cardamom, orange, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, amber, cedar, patchouli, vetiver
  • Fir Fragrance Notes - Siberian pine, Chinese cedar, Spanish cistus, Myrrh, Incense
  • Ernesto Fragrance Notes - Bergamot, Grapefruit, Rhum, Clove, Labdanum, Oak Wood, Patchouli, Amber, Leather, Moss, Tobacco
  • Ab El Kader Notes - Apple, Blackcurrant, Blackcurrant Bud, Clove, Ginger, Lemon, Mint, Jasmine, Vanilla

I LOVE Ab El Kader!

slider-xmas4-1920x1080

Boy Smells which features two new scents and the classic Hinoki Fantome in a different style. The other two are De Nimes which has notes of almond, rhubarb, violet, ambergris, blueberry and juniper and Broken Rosary which has notes of cedar, rose, cardamom, moss, cinnamon leaf and orris.

BoySmells_Rituals-sqr-1-550x550

Malle's LE holiday candle is Dominique Ropion’s Joyeux Noel, a fine-tuned formula of pine, amber, cinnamon and an unexpected touch of cotton candy

Malle-Noel-Candles

Kurkdjian's Mon Beau Sapin smells like balsam fir.

MFK_Candle-Mon-beau-Sapin-1024x1024

Jo Malone fans in Toronto and Vancouver rejoice! There are plans to open boutiques in Eaton's Centre, Yorkdale and CF Pacific Centre in May/June 2021 🙂

storefront-Jo-Malone-London-1068x534

Cute mini carafe set from Kilian for the holidays! Not sure if this will be available at Sephora but it's on the Holt Renfrew website now 🙂

pocketvenus_0-1604180859582.jpeg

Not sure if Sephora is going to restock the discovery set Kilian Discovery Mini Set either!!

@Margalee In this case, I think you'll be just fine with the sweetness levels 🙂

@Margalee Definitely test before buying if you can. While the Kilians are not like, sugarbomb fragrances, many do lean on the sweet side and may not suit you if you do not care for sweet fragrances or if your skin amps up sweet notes. I will also warn you, the Kilians are not well known for their longevity.

If you enjoy variety, this set is good for the price when considering the pricing of Kilian's other perfumes. For CA$260, you are receiving 60ml of perfume and a travel case versus a 50ml refill bottle of one Kilian scent for the same price.

Personally, I really love Intoxicated - a dark cardamom coffee scent that wears well in the winter, and I do wear some others on occasion like Moonlight in Heaven. These are about as sweet as I'm willing to go. Others like Love Don't Be Shy are more feminine and are not as much to my personal taste. Rolling in Love I couldn't handle. It was way too thick for me. I can only take white, clean and sweet musks sparingly.

Hope this helps!

@pocketvenus I politely disagree about the longevity! I can still smell most Kilian fragrances (and I have 15 ish) on me into the next day when I shower. Odd how fragrances react of different people. I

@ChristalM You are so lucky!! 🙂 I should probably have noted that some people also expect a longer lasting fragrance when they pay more, so they are more apt to complain in reviews when an expensive scent dries down to a skin scent in an average amount of time.

Personally, on my skin, it's inconsistent. The longest lasting Kilian for me is Dark Lord. It doesn't get down to a skin scent for hours, maybe 8 or so, and after it does, it lasts on my skin to the next day and on my clothes for days!! Too bad it is not my favourite of the house. My favourites, Musk Oud and Intoxicated, are down to a skin scent in 4-6 hours, which is pretty average.

o.97884

New from Ellis Brooklyn, ISO GAMMA SUPER 

Meet the three ingredients that make ISO GAMMA SUPER: First, there is Cedar, a sharp woodsy note with some balsamic undertones. Next is vegan Ambergris that carries a sweet and earthy smell. Last but not least, there is Vetiver, the freshest note of the three, which brings earthy tones similar to a lush garden after it rains

FYI, Diptyque has released more holiday items including a charm bracelet scented with their popular tuberose scent, Do Son. Like their regular scented bracelet, you receive a dispenser with scented thread, enough for 30 scented bracelets, and you cut and tie the bracelet yourself. Personally it seems a little gimmicky to me but maybe some people would prefer this to wearing perfume directly on their skin.

diptyque-holiday-main-scaled

Glad to see her line expanding.

Capture.PNG

The brand, Henry Rose, now provides body creams, candles, oil diffusers and hand sanitizer

Spoiler

Michelle Pfeiffer has expanded her fragrance line, Henry Rose, to offer body creams, candles, oil diffusers and hand sanitizer in her familiar scents. 

Launched in 2019 by Pfeiffer alongside producer International Flavors & Fragrances, the brand is as transparent as it comes in the business of perfume making. The company discloses all ingredients used, providing products that are cruelty-free, hypoallergenic and free of known or suspected endocrine disruptors, carcinogens, parabens, phthalates and formaldehyde. All goods are certified by the Environmental Working Group and Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute, nonprofits working to protect human health and the environment. 

The actress is also sustainably-minded when it comes to approaching sourcing and packaging. The brand’s seven scents are in NEO Infinite Glass vessels — completely recyclable and made from 90 percent recycled glass — and the caps use biodegradable plastic created from soybeans. 

With the offerings, the candles — contained in recyclable and repurposable glass — are made using natural ingredients, coconut, soy and vegetable waxes, while their fragrances are created with a mix of synthetics and botanicals using IFRA Standards (a code of practice in the industry). The body creams, offered in the familiar scents “Queens & Monsters” and “Jake’s House,” include moisturizing ingredients like shea butter and vitamin E. Available direct-to-consumer at henryrose.com, the lotions and candles are $65, the oil diffusers are $28 and the hand sanitizer is $10. Each 50-ml. fragrance is priced at $120 

@ZombieMetroAnt Haven't smelled these, would love to!

Another weird Tom Ford trademark filing; Skin

Normally I’d assume this is for skincare but it’s specifically filed in the fragrance category so I expect it will be a musk-type scent

28DF6958-E35F-428D-937A-A7D0ABD14813.jpeg

testing