Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@ChristalM You are so lucky!! 🙂 I should probably have noted that some people also expect a longer lasting fragrance when they pay more, so they are more apt to complain in reviews when an expensive scent dries down to a skin scent in an average amount of time.

Personally, on my skin, it's inconsistent. The longest lasting Kilian for me is Dark Lord. It doesn't get down to a skin scent for hours, maybe 8 or so, and after it does, it lasts on my skin to the next day and on my clothes for days!! Too bad it is not my favourite of the house. My favourites, Musk Oud and Intoxicated, are down to a skin scent in 4-6 hours, which is pretty average.

o.97884

New from Ellis Brooklyn, ISO GAMMA SUPER 

Meet the three ingredients that make ISO GAMMA SUPER: First, there is Cedar, a sharp woodsy note with some balsamic undertones. Next is vegan Ambergris that carries a sweet and earthy smell. Last but not least, there is Vetiver, the freshest note of the three, which brings earthy tones similar to a lush garden after it rains

FYI, Diptyque has released more holiday items including a charm bracelet scented with their popular tuberose scent, Do Son. Like their regular scented bracelet, you receive a dispenser with scented thread, enough for 30 scented bracelets, and you cut and tie the bracelet yourself. Personally it seems a little gimmicky to me but maybe some people would prefer this to wearing perfume directly on their skin.

diptyque-holiday-main-scaled

Glad to see her line expanding.

Capture.PNG

The brand, Henry Rose, now provides body creams, candles, oil diffusers and hand sanitizer

Spoiler

Michelle Pfeiffer has expanded her fragrance line, Henry Rose, to offer body creams, candles, oil diffusers and hand sanitizer in her familiar scents. 

Launched in 2019 by Pfeiffer alongside producer International Flavors & Fragrances, the brand is as transparent as it comes in the business of perfume making. The company discloses all ingredients used, providing products that are cruelty-free, hypoallergenic and free of known or suspected endocrine disruptors, carcinogens, parabens, phthalates and formaldehyde. All goods are certified by the Environmental Working Group and Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute, nonprofits working to protect human health and the environment. 

The actress is also sustainably-minded when it comes to approaching sourcing and packaging. The brand’s seven scents are in NEO Infinite Glass vessels — completely recyclable and made from 90 percent recycled glass — and the caps use biodegradable plastic created from soybeans. 

With the offerings, the candles — contained in recyclable and repurposable glass — are made using natural ingredients, coconut, soy and vegetable waxes, while their fragrances are created with a mix of synthetics and botanicals using IFRA Standards (a code of practice in the industry). The body creams, offered in the familiar scents “Queens & Monsters” and “Jake’s House,” include moisturizing ingredients like shea butter and vitamin E. Available direct-to-consumer at henryrose.com, the lotions and candles are $65, the oil diffusers are $28 and the hand sanitizer is $10. Each 50-ml. fragrance is priced at $120 

@ZombieMetroAnt Haven't smelled these, would love to!

Another weird Tom Ford trademark filing; Skin

Normally I’d assume this is for skincare but it’s specifically filed in the fragrance category so I expect it will be a musk-type scent

28DF6958-E35F-428D-937A-A7D0ABD14813.jpeg

Rosie Jane has a new unisex fragrance out. By Rosie Jane DYLAN Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

DYLAN is inspired by individuality + sexual freedom.

With notes of cedar, frankincense and white musk.

FEELS LIKE: being in love. brave + carefree. UNISEX.

It combines the soft woody notes of cedar, the spiciness of frankincense with a base of white musk to create the ultimate unisex scent.

In addition to cedar and olibaum essential oils, the ingredients list also includes ambrettolide, which is a warm musk by Givaudan, ambroxan which is the primary chemical behind the woody-amber genre, and ISO-E Super which is a woody aromachemical that has a nice blurring effect. Very cool how all the chemicals are listed instead of the mysterious ingredient called "fragrance" that one usually encounters. I think Phlur does this too, listing every single ingredient.

41494-1-min_1024x1024

Fans of Madge who can receive packages in the US can now pre-order her latest perfume, Madame X from Madonna's website

202009_720x

Madame X has been traveling the world. Her Eau de Parfum takes you on a poetic journey. Made up of fresh and floral scents from the Mediterranean coast, mystical flavors of the Orient, all transcended by her sensuality and rebellious spirit. The manifestation of her path to light and freedom.

Top: cinnamon / raspberry / orange blossom

Core: rose / patchouli / orange flower

Base: musk / incense / amber

US$250/100ml

Rather expensive for a celebrity fragrance. Her previous perfume, Truth or Dare, is generally well reviewed though it didn't break new ground. Will be looking out for reviews of this one.

The Ben Gorham x IKEA candle collection, OSYNLIG, is going to be released in November. There will be 13 scented candles divided into three bases: floral, woody and fresh. Gorham is the founder of Byredo. Priced affordably from $4.99 to $24.99 USD. The aesthetic doesn't really match my decor but I'll probably pick up some of these. More photos on Hypebae.

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2020%2F10%2Fikea-byredo-ben-gorham-collaboration-osynlig-scented-candle-collection-price-release-date-3

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2020%2F10%2Fikea-byredo-ben-gorham-collaboration-osynlig-scented-candle-collection-price-release-date-7

TF has filed another fragrance trademark aka Ebony Smoke

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 10.50.25 AM.png

New Serge Lutens boutique exclusive Tarab

E72AAD70-B683-4248-A3CC-176E2AEB8172.png

@Mochapj Looks like a possible new line? I tried finding the notes and instead came across another perfume on the Saudi Food and Drug Authority website, LA DOMPTEUSE ENCAGÉE. No notes for that either.

New Floraiku - Volcanic Flowers - lily of the valley, Jasmine, patchouli, chocolate, coffee

B71A6068-3954-483D-B615-8ECB8518C572.png

The new Diptyque candles are out! Personally, they are not my style this year 😞

dip-20hol

The scents are

• Fleur Majesté with notes of roses with clove, nutmeg, and cinnamon
  • Ambre Plume with notes of amber, orange, cinnamon and ginger
  • and Sapin de Nuit with notes of fir, eucalyptus, rosemary and peppermint

Fleur Majesté sounds really lovely. I just wish the designs were less cartoonish.

In other candle news, A24 has restocked their film genre candles. Has anyone smelled these?

FEATURE_candle

New pebble bottle fragrance from CdG

o.97102

Dressed in a red glass flacon, the newest ROUGE combines the bright and vibrant scents of pink pepper, beetroot, and stimulating ginger with a pulsating, icy, minty accord. The composition also includes a deep woodsy patchouli note, contrasting the dynamic start, blended with incense and warm labdanum in the base.

@Margalee It does - I wish I had ordered a sample of this instead of Copper!

Aesop now has scented candles! CA$145/300g

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2020%2F10%2Faesop-aromatique-candles-aganice-callippus-ptolemy-home-scents-fragrances-launch-smell-2

From Hypebae

The Aromatique candle line has been developed in collaboration with Barnabé Fillion, who frequently works alongside Aesop to develop new products. Each candle takes its name from an astronomer of ancient astronomy and associated mythologies, tapping into the notion that candles at night are like stars in the sky.

By combining science with curiosity, Aesop has been able to develop florals and spice in “Aganice,” woody green notes in “Callippus,” and earthiness in “Ptolemy.”

From Aesop's site

"Aganice" honours a female astronomer of Ancient Greece, renowned for her knowledge of the moon and its cycles. Floral, spicy and fresh, its fragrance recalls the intoxicating aromas of Cape Spartel in Tangier. Notes are Cardamom, Mimosa and discreet notes of Tobacco. 

“Callippus” is titled for an astronomer of Ancient Greece famed for refining the planetary theory of his time. Its woody, earthy, green fragrance alludes to rituals overlaid with the drifting smoke of incense. Notes are frankincense, guaiac wood, and bright notes of shiso, vetiver.

“Ptolemy,” is named for an ancient Greek-Egyptian astronomer whose work informed much medieval astronomy. Its resinous, earthy, woody fragrance brings to mind dense, old-growth Japanese forests. Notes are cedar, cypress and notes of vetiver, featuring alongside the light smokiness.

@pocketvenus the jars are beautiful. And the descriptions are so Aesop, if that makes sense lol. 

I bought a bottle of Aesop hand soap pre-covid as a splurge and finally convinced myself to finally use it recently (so expensive!). It is actually so nice and perfect. Which is unfortunate because it was something like $50 CAD for the bottle (!!!). 

@nche Aesop products are pricey but they smell so amazing. I wish Sephora carried this brand.

New LE Jo Malone for Holiday 2020, Midnight Musk & Amber. Additional notes include citrus and juniper.

jm-mma

testing