Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly ๐Ÿ™‚

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff ๐Ÿ˜„

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@Titian06 yes, it definitely doesn't sound like a normal aquatic. I wonder if it's like the Hermessences one, Epice Marine 

RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

New Diptyque, no notes released yet

Re: RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

@Mochapj interesting! They released a candle with the same name which is described as a peppery rose underscored by the pungent, slightly smoky scent of vetiver

Malle is now releasing discovery sets, available in the EU

frederic-red

The female box includes Carnal Flower, Eau de Magnolia, En Passant, Iris Poudre, Portrait of a Lady and Une Rose. The men's box includes Bigarade Concentrรฉe, French Lover, Gรฉranium pour Monsieur, Monsieur, Musc Ravageur and Vรฉtiver Extraordinaire.

From Reuters, MONCLER EXPANDS INTO PERFUMES

MILAN (Reuters) - Italyโ€™s Moncler (MONC.MI) said on Thursday it had signed an agreement with Franceโ€™s Interparfums (IPAR.PA) to start selling perfumes, as it seeks to diversify its brand and lessen the deep impact of the coronvirus crisis on the luxury goods sector.

The first products to be produced under the deal are expected to be launched in the first months of 2022. The licence agreement will last until 2026, but can be extended for a further five years, the companies said in a joint statement.

Moncler Chairman and Chief Executive Remo Ruffini said the launch of Monclerโ€™s first fragrances was โ€œconsistent with our selective brand extension strategyโ€.

In a separate statement, the group said the situation for luxury goods was โ€œhighly uncertain and also difficult in many markets, in particular in Europe and in Americasโ€.

Due to lockdown measures, 36 stores globally, out of 212, were still closed, it said, adding the novel coronavirus would have โ€œimportant impacts on the performance of the groupโ€™s first half results,โ€ with the second quarter harder hit than the first.

Monclerโ€™s sales fell 18% in the first three months of the year. The slump in global sales of luxury goods is expected to deepen in the second quarter for most brands, even as some countries begin to ease coronavirus lockdowns and despite signs of recovery in the Chinese market, consultancy Bain found.

RE: Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

Here is another Certified Perfumeholic ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Wow I love your perfume collection! What do you find different about the scents between the black and the gold Good Girl perfumes? @Yalda34 

RE: Re: RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

Love this parfum definitely worth the money. The Black is more sweet jasmine scent. For me personally I found the black one very sweet in sense of scent. The Glorious Gold has a very soft floral scent and one push is perfect. It lasts all day long and it dosen't take that much.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

Ooo thank you for being so detailed! Iโ€™m more of a fan of florals and musks so I may check out the gold version if itโ€™s still available. I canโ€™t keep up with limited edition perfumes ๐Ÿ™ˆ @Yalda34 

@Yalda34 Nice stash!

Those good girl perfumes are amazing!

I know I love them. I used to have the black one. Run out and got this one. Itโ€™s nice too.

Sephora should have a special shopping day for Perfume Lovers, Only Fragrance Shopping.

Coming June 11, Hiram Green's new scent Vivacious. From NST Perfume, The fragrance opens with bright and joyful bergamot that seamlessly merges into a floral bouquet of flirty violet and spicy carnation. Waxy orris smoothly anchors this boisterous heart and soft, powdery amber adds a warm and luxurious finish.

705970dff7fea961e6ec9b46f4ec

I quite like HG's soliflores for orange blossom/Dilettante and tuberose/Moon Bloom so am looking forward to sampling this one.

DS & Durga is also releasing an LE scent with Opening Ceremony called Jazmรญn Yucatan. I have really been into Opening Ceremony for a long, long time so this was nice to see! Notes include water, bergamot, passion flower, jasmine, clove, snake plant, vetiver and copal.

Perfume_Jazmin_Yucatan_box_400x

Entering the interior of the Yucatan peninsula seems like a journey inwards. The vast beauty of coast is far behind. The long roads stretch on through dense jungle to the horizon. One moves towards sacred ground where advanced civilizations built massive monuments to the Gods. Once-thriving cities are preserved in russet orange limestone ruins. Overgrown green vines and dark grasses swallow temples back into the jungle. Fruits hang heavy in the foliage like the humid air of the Yucatanโ€“redolent of jungle flowers. Crocodiles hunt in the cool waters of cenotes. Natives burn copal resin-used for hundreds of years or more, it reminds us of holy ceremonies. The jasmine plants speak of animalic powder, a shocking complex aromaโ€“like spotting the pattern of a jaguar among a monotony of green vegetation. 

A couple of new TF fragrance trademarks. Willing to bet Bitter Peach will be the fall runway release

@Mochapj Have an update with word from the grapevine aka the Basenotes Forum that Bitter Peach is described as a fruity floral and its notes are peach, blood orange, davana oil, labdanum, patchouli oil, and Indonesian sandalwood absolute. It has also been described as reminiscent of Kilian's Flower of Immortality.

@Mochapj These sound promising! Very curious to know what a Tom Ford tuberose would smell like.

@Mochapj ohhh that sounds interesting thanks. I love a good peach fragrance!

o.71519

Chanel's Exclusif's line has a new release, currently exclusive to the Middle East, but is expected to go into wider distribution in early 2021. Le Lion de Chanel was developed by house perfumer Oliver Polge, and was reportedly inspired by the "emblematic Chanel lion" rather than the animal. Notes for the oriental fragrance include lemon, bergamot, cistus labdanum, vanilla, sandalwood, musk and patchouli.

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2020%2F05%2Fbyredo-lil-fleur-perfume-fragrance-eau-de-parfum-floral-scent-release-date-campaign-7

New Byredo Lil Fleur will be available online tomorrow! The main notes are cassis, tangerine, damascena rose, and saffron with a leather base that consists of blonde woods, amber and vanilla.

6 Replies
testing