Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@Mochapj Thanks so much!

@tastelikewater  - @pocketvenus can probably help you find something; she's a perfume guru!  💖💖💖

@Titian06 💗💗

Couple new noteworthy releases

NMC54R9_az

Jo Malone's Gardenia & Oud Absolu

A vision of radiant white gardenias blooming in the sun, infusing the air deep in the Arabian desert. A captivating contradiction: a solar floral emerging from the depths of smoky, sultry oud and warm amber. Unexpected and alluring with a smooth finish enhanced by enduring white musk.

So many new releases from JM lately, I can't keep up!

thumb-cover_guerlain-l-heure-blanche-claudine-drai-parfum

Guerlain's L'Heure Blanche

Musky Floral.

Celestial. Pure. Aerial. Infinite. 
A white floral accord that endlessly unfurls under scintillating aquatic notes and roundness of milky notes within the enveloping, powdery softness of iris, white musks and amber.

This is an LE inspired by the work of artist Claudine Drai who makes sculptures from tissue paper.

2705_10512421_0

_CHD9700

@pocketvenus That sounds amazing! And I am guessing expensive 😞

@ChristalM Yes, they are both exorbitant!! The Jo Malone is US$290/100ml and the Guerlain is a whopping €600/125ml but at this level, it's not about the quality of the perfume. There's always the classic L'Heure Bleue on discount sites for US$50 and under for 50ml 🙂

JOMALONE-01-1024x683

Jo Malone's latest LE collection is based on English lavender. Collection also includes a pillow spray and diffuser. From the Jo Malone Fan blog

Lavender & Coriander, available in 30ml cologne.

Aromatic English lavender nestled in a thriving and fragrant herb garden, bolstered by the striking note of coriander. Earthy sage deepens the lavender’s timeless scent, while creamy tonka bean adds an unexpected touch of warmth and sensual balance

Silver Birch & Lavender, available in 30ml cologne.
Morning light across a rambling garden, framed by silver birch trees. The air fresh with a crisp coolness that cuts through the iconic scent of English lavender. Refreshed with a squeeze of grapefruit, grounded by a woody, charismatic base of silver birch and a compelling note of roasted oak.

Wisteria & Lavender, available in 30ml cologne.
Cascading wisteria frames a characterful house, creating a nostalgic purple picture. This soft floral presentation of English lavender is entwined with sweet wisteria and powdery heliotrope. A picturesque trio, cocooned in clean and delicate white musk.

L'Artisan is releasing a vanilla scent, Coleur Vanille. Notes include vanilla, bergamot, freesia, fleur de sel, immortelle, cashmere wood, tolu balm, muscs and benzoin.

100ml-Couleur-Vanille-bottle-225x300

Victoria from Bois de Jasmin gave it 4 stars saying it's an excellent gourmand for those who don't like gourmands. I haven't been really into the new releases from this house but this one might be worth trying.

This sounds right up my alley!!

Malle has released a rose themed coffret in time for Valentine's. Would make a lovely gift!

fm_sku_H50L01_630x615_0

RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille clean dupes? Looking for a clean dupe for tobacco vanille from tom ford. Couldn’t find any at sephora and tom ford one made my nose and skin itch. Any suggestions?

Re: RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

@SlimNShadyTry MAC's Velvet Teddy, it might work out and is a popular dupe

Byredo releasing 'Night Veils'

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 7.50.00 AM.png

Reine de Nuit:

Top notes: black currant, saffron
Heart: incense, rose
Base: patchouli, ambrette seeds

Casablanca Lily:

Top notes: plum, gardenia
Heart: carnation, Indian tuberose
Base: rosewood, honey

Sellier:

Top notes: cashmere, black tea
Heart: leather, tobacco leaves
Base: birch, oak moss

7753 Mona from Histoires des Parfums

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 7.48.02 AM.png

Looks like Beau de Jour has been moved over to TF’s classic range

More scents are being released or re-released by Lush. It seems some of the newer ones are only 100ml, at least on the Canadian website.

01683-secret-garden-perfume-in-use

A list of the new releases, not including re-releases

Grass
Gloriously clean and green
$124.95 / 100ml

Fantabulosa
Fab banana-scented fragrance
$124.95 / 100ml

Hairdresser's Husband
Fizzy citrus-vanilla fragrance
$179.95 / 100ml

B Scent
Fresh citrus and florals
$149.95 / 100ml

Cocktail
Transformative jasmine and ho wood
$124.95 / 100ml

Road From Damascus
Warm, dusky rose
$249.95 / 100ml

Death And Decay
Creamy jasmine and tonka
$149.95 / 100ml

Two More Hearts
Lovelorn jasmine and rose
$124.95 / 100ml

The Bug
Alienesque elemi-anise
$179.95 / 100ml

V
Deep, delicious violet
$99.95 / 100ml

Orange Blossom
Light, floral orange
$149.95 / 100ml

Dad's Garden Honeysuckle and Chamomile
Calm, cool chamomile
$149.95 / 100ml

Byredo is releasing neon letters to customize its unnamed fragrance

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2020%2F01%2Fbyredo-unnamed-edp-customizable-perfume-1

Looks like this is coming soon Top notes: Sichuan pepper, turmeric Heart: May rose, Turkish rose, Bulgarian rose Base: patchouli, tonka bean

@Mochapj @pocketvenus Did you have a chance to test this out? I’m intrigued. Some ppl say it’s liked Noir de Noir Intense. Some says it’s a cheaper version of it. I’m curious.

@blackkitty2014 I haven't tried it out yet but will tag you if I post about it here 🙂

@blackkitty2014 I have. NdeN is one of my fave TF scents although I’ve never tried the ‘intense’ version

there’s a definite similarity between RP and NDeN. RP is much less rosy than I would assume based on the name alone. I get more spice and incense with a subtle heart of rose rather than a rose bomb. 

testing