Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

Thx @Mochapj . I probably won’t like it then. I was hoping it has more Rose and less spice.

Interestingly, the ad campaign for this fragrance is very tame compared to others like the ads for Portofino, Lost Cherry and FF

o.88644

@MochapjThanks for sleuthing this out! I'm a little surprised - other than turmeric, the notes are very clichéd. Will def test this out when I can though!

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

Has anyone heard news about Commodity’s return under new ownership? Vicken Arslanian bought the company in August of last year, and is going to make a documentary of his reviving the brand. The first two parts are up on YT under “Commodity Fragrances.” I love a few of their fragrances and am very excited about the news, so thought I would share!

Diptyque has a new LE collection, Paris En Fleurs coinciding with the release of Eau Capitale which is a chypre 🙂

9f8d01e1-6cd0-41cf-a83b-fe5df79cf1de-2019-12-27_14-32-09

Jo Malone has a new release, Vetiver & Golden Vanilla. Vetiver and vanilla has already been done so well before by Hermes and Etat Libre but I love vetiver and cardamom so I'll definitely give this a try.

Top Note
Cardamom

This cool spice, with its green accent, resonates with the freshness of the grapefruit tea accord.

Heart Note
Vetiver Bourbon

Earthy and grassy, its elegant, woody intensity grounds and deepens the fragrance.

Base Note
Vanilla Bourbon

Vanilla adds an enveloping and sensual warmth to the vetiver heart.

o.67235

RE: Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

I’m really interested in this. When you give it a go will you make an update please

Re: RE: Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@BeansCatwill do 🙂

Sephora has a product page up for Atelier C's latest, Love Osmanthus.

Scent Type: Fruity Florals

Key Notes: Osmathus, Cedarwood, Lemon

About the fragrance:Discover the osmanthus flower with Atelier Cologne. Sourced in China, this nocturnal flower blooms at night, adding a fruity essence to an exotic garden under the moonlight. Love Osmanthus captures the aura of this special flower in the same way a secret garden provides a haven to forbidden lovers.

This fragrance is made from 93 percent renewable, natural-origin ingredients of the highest quality: Osmanthus flower from China brings peach-like creaminess while lemon from Italy adds brightness and warmth, both grounded by cedarwood from America.

p454107-av-09-zoom

Maison Francis Kurkdjian has teamed up with Fendi to release a scented leather handbag.

From Hypebae, Coming in both mini and standard sizes, the “FENDIFRENESIA” is constructed of sunshine-yellow Selleria leather and perfumed with Kurkdjian’s musky, gender fluid fragrance. Each bag comes with a small bottle of the scent, which can be vaporized on a card hidden inside the purse or worn on the skin.

The scent is supposed to last 4 years and is described as gender fluid, leathery and musky with notes of labdanum, styrax oil, vanilla bean and rose.

Would you buy a scented purse?

Flaunt-FENDI+Scented+Baguette+Collection_02

@pocketvenus Thats a pass for me. I love that shade of yellow and would love to sniff the bag though lol

@CyncynnI love the yellow colour too but I don't want my purse competing with my own perfume!

RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

New Diptyque -Eau Capitale Notes are: bergamot, pink pepper, rose, patchouli

Read this is a chypre so now I'm more interested!

A fuller notes pyramid from a French website lists

• bergamot
  • Bulgarian and Turkish roses
  • ylang-ylang from Comoros
  • cinnamon bark
  • Indonesian patchouli
  • Akigalawood
  • Georgywood
  • woody amber

@MochapjHm, not the most original notes but I will definitely try it. Thanks for the head's up!

New perfumes from Lush are available 🙂

lushperfumes.jpg

Oh em gee @pocketvenus @michelleshops I’m soo broke after all that Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals but that Rose Jam perfume is coming home with me 😂🤣

@blackkitty2014please let us know how you find it 🙂

@pocketvenus Looks liked  still have these available. In my local stores, they only have the little size left. I want the 100 ml bottle of Rose Jam so I might have to cough up shipping 🤣😂 Btw, seems liked they raise the price about $20 USD. I remember got a full-size for around $75 USD before

@blackkitty2014All the perfume houses are raising their prices 😞 Though maybe it's a different formula this time?? LUSH prices their perfumes differently depending on ingredients.

Yay @pocketvenus I saw they were live in the UK and I didn't see anything about them coming to the US.  I'm so excited!

1 Reply
testing