Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly ๐Ÿ™‚

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff ๐Ÿ˜„

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@michelleshopsthis is from the Canadian site, but definitely check out the US site because some are already sold out in Canada! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

@pocketvenus  Oh my! I didn't even know these were coming. I just checked them out, and I want so many. Unfortunately I don't have a store nearby to test them out. Are you going to order any of them? 

@PrettyPaintI think they're only available online? I haven't been able to test them and so have not purchased any but I see at least one is already completely sold out on the Canadian site ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

honestly i love anything jo malone. I have the bluebell one, woodsage and sea salt, and peony and blush. theyโ€™re floral without smelling like a bath and body works spray and i love that for them. I also LOVE versace crystal.

Zoologist is coming out with a new fragrance called Bee. A curious fragrance to release during the winter.

Scene-Bee_2048x

The notes include orange, ginger syrup, royal jelly accord, broom, heliotrope, mimosa, orange flower, benzoin, labdanum, musks, sandalwood, tonka bean and vanilla.

Diptyque's Black Friday candle is really pretty this year. Baies is a rose and berry scent.

a7a9d98c-20b8-4df6-bb8b-b37bbd6170fb-5_facebook_carousel_2_reveal_fixe

Dusita has a new release. I really like this house and the notes sound interesting

from Luckyscent

Le Pavillon dโ€™Or is constructed as intricately as a Thai floating pavilion itself. Opening with the crisp, green chill of orris root and mint, the perfume feels immediately cooling; a hot brow soothed by splashes from a mountain stream. The peppery, citrusy nuances of the wild mentha citrata give the opening a fresh, almost classical feel. Soon after, an astonishing fig leaf accord moves into place, managing somehow to be both juicy and dry at the same time. Notes of sweet honeysuckle, boronia, white thyme, and Somalian frankincense render the fig leaf far more interesting than it oughtta be, with tendrils of sweet florals, smoky, and resinous herbal accents creating a heady-but-light whorl of scent. Underneath this all, a divine sandalwood dressed up with a complex, 30-note heliotrope accord give the scent a luxuriantly creamy, almondy base to bed it all down. Both aromatic and warm, Le Pavillon dโ€™Or is a clever series of contrasts wrapped up in a bottle. We think itโ€™s as delicately beautiful as the trio of lakes that inspired it.

Le Pavillon d'Or  Notes

Mint, honeysuckle, orris, boronia, thyme, olibanum, heliotrope, fig leaf, oak, sandalwood

o.65472

Some more holiday candle releases

2f9ce22d-f3dc-45e9-99c4-387eca333b82

Its generous, characteristic smell of a balsam fir, slightly resinous, slowly guides us towards a reassuring forest.

9f50a290-6c21-4de2-9093-f18f7053ed7b

A resinous aroma of smoking Japanese cypress and jasmine petals. Warm and meditative with an element of earthy spice notes and quiet, fresh moss.

omg that candle is so so pretty @pocketvenus !

Seeking advice from my fragrance junkie friends on here to help me decide whether or not to pick up TOM FORD Soleil Neige Shimmering Body Oil oil during the sale. Iโ€™ve read lots of reviews online about it but all Iโ€™m getting is that itโ€™s slightly floral and smells like โ€œwinterโ€ which doesnโ€™t really help me at all. I donโ€™t have a store near me that carries Soliel Neige so I want to see your thoughts on the fragrance and how you would describe the notes.

@gonerogueI also haven't smelled the oil but like @Mochapj  the fragrance was not reminiscent of winter to me either. Definitely not like, pine-infused nordic air. Instead of crisp and bracing, it's soft and floral. Maybe it would work better as an oil than a fragrance?

@pocketvenus @Mochapj 
Thanks for your help today ladies! I ended up getting the oil and Metallique as well ๐Ÿ˜‡81C8985A-9B47-4C01-A970-AB205F9B9711.jpeg

@pocketvenus  Thank you for your feedback! Iโ€™ll take crisp over pine any day ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

@gonerogue I havenโ€™t smelled the oil but I did smell the fragrance and I assume it should be the same.

it smells a lot like orange blossom flowers to me and other tropical white florals like gardenia, heliotrope, etc. I didnโ€™t get the cool notes that people refer to; honestly I think thatโ€™s people making assumptions because it has Neige (snow) in the name.

where someone compared metallique to orange soda, I would compare Soleil Neige to a creamsicle with a bouquet of flowers on the side

@Mochapj  This was very helpful! Thank you! Orange blossom notes are more helpful than โ€œwalking in Aspenโ€ lol Iโ€™m a fan of florals so I think I should just get it. I also really liked Metallique when I tried it at Sephoria so Iโ€™m thinking of picking that up as well. Thank you again for your speedy response! I really appreciate it โค๏ธโค๏ธ

More info on Celine's new line from NST Perfume

celine-4

Spoiler

Black Tie ~ "A couturierโ€™s perfume, the exact olfactory interpretation of his style in relation to fashion: his obsession with black and a tailored silhouette. An androgynous composition, around vanilla as dense and as crisp as grain de poudre or lacquered satin. Fashioned like a dinner jacket, cedar and tree moss structure its allure, while the powdery caress of orris troubles body and mind." Additional notes include musk.

Cologne Franรงaise ~ "A trompe lโ€™ล“il cologne, deceptively understated, aristocratic and singular. A composition playing on dissonant accords. The top note redolent with the addictive mellowness of neroli and the sensuous bite of fig tree, then the elegance of a veil of powdery orris and the tender patina of tree moss." Additional notes include musk.

Dans Paris ~ "The promise of Paris when you are just 20 years old and feeling that the city belongs to you. A top note exuding the suave vivaciousness of bergamot and coriander seed. A boat trip along the Seine in radiant sunlight. Like a tracking shot from a movie on Parisian facades, leaving you floating on air, enveloped in an addictive accord of vanilla and powdery laurel blossom." Additional notes include orris, musk.

Eau de Californie ~ "An acoustic and solar perfume in tribute to California where Hedi Slimane lived for more than ten years. The memory of palo santo, that magical essence of wood, with fresh, smoky and creamy facets. In the background, the powdery notes of orris and tree moss give this Californian dream the signature of a Parisian couture house." Additional notes include bergamot and patchouli.

La Peau Nue ~ "Reminiscences of those 70โ€™s icons, those Parisian heroines with their movie-style elegance. A slender and impeccable allure, the eyes rimmed in black and the skin blushed with the velvety-smooth accents of orris and rose. Like an image fading over time then invading the memory, the floral intensity lightens under the softness of powdery notes and the depth of vetiver." Additional notes include bergamot and rice powder.

Nightclubbing ~ "A perfume for night birds fed by the memory of Parisian nights during the palace and bains douches era. A galbanum top note immerses us in an electric atmosphere with accents of nicotine, on a musky and addictive patina, somewhere between the scent of crimson velvet seats and the sensuality of the nape of a neck fragrant with vanilla." Additional notes include orris butter, patchouli, tree moss and musk.

Parade ~ "A musky, powdery cologne in keeping with the very codified ritual of male sartorial appearance. An attribute of the great dandies from 19th century literature right up to the musicians on the pop and rock scene since the 60s. A return to the idea of transmission and of a very French kind of perfumery. A parade under the sunlight of neroli and the radiance of bergamot, a carefree and sophisticated mix imparted by musk and oak moss, a feminine facet revealed in an addictive and powdery residual trail." Additional notes include vetiver.

Reptile ~ "A beguiling and musical perfume for center-stage. The olfactory twin of the stage outfits and rock star portraits that Hedi Slimane made throughout his life as a couturier. Like a kaleidoscope of black around tree moss, featuring facets electrified by other notesโ€ฆ a top note with the elegance of cedar, then the toxic and mysterious charm of leather and pepper, trailing into an addictive musky and powdery patina."

Saint-Germain-des-Prรฉs ~ "The eternal youth of the Left Bank and their allure, looking like heroes from a novel and the movies, young people Hedi Slimane never tires of observing, sitting in a cafรฉ at Saint-Germain-des-Prรฉs, his favorite part of Paris since he was 20 years old. Saint-Germain is recaptured in a perfume. The insolence of petit grain, the delicateness of orange blossom faceted by heliotrope and vanilla, as sweet as marshmallow or a puff of icing sugar, underlined with the elegance and nobility of orris."

Penhaligons has an advent calendar for 350 pounds

ADVENTCALENDAR2019

Includes

30ml: Halfeti Body & Hand Wash, Empressa Body & Hand Lotion, Endymion Body & Hand Wash, Luna Body & Hand Lotion, Juniper Sling Body & Hand Wash
10ml: Cairo, Cousin Flora, Cousin Matthew, Heartless Helen, Terrible Teddy, Elisabethan Rose
5ml: Artemisia 5ml, Blenheim Bouquet 5ml, Iris Prima 5ml, Juniper Sling 5ml, Luna 5ml, Orange Blossom 5ml, Quercus 5ml, Empressa 5ml, Endymion Concentre 5ml
Other: Rose Lip Balm 15g, Violet Lip Balm 15g, Maduro Leaf Candle 75g

They're also doing their little mini sets again this year, so cute!

MINIHERXMAS_2019

Acqua di Parma is getting on the advent calendar bandwagon

SUB%20AcquadiParma_8028713259074_advent_calendar_xmas_2019

Includes a miniature version of the signature scent Colonia, it also includes Blu Mediterraneo, Le Nobili and Signature of the Sun miniature formats. With roll-on vials, bath & body products, and a special surprise for December 25th and retails for ยฃ325

Fragrance Junkie Central

My favorites from Sephora are clean skin such a beautiful natural light fresh smell . zi also likes nest indigo I think it is . Beautiful smell stays on well both of them .

Sweetie, how do you get the samples?! I'd love to get the 4-1-1 on how... Thanks! ๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’›

@DiceyDThere are a lot of ways you can get fragrance samples

• Sometimes sales associates will give out samples
  • There are websites like Luckyscent, Twisted Lily and Surrender to Chance where you can buy samples
  • Some houses will sell samples from their websites, often with a voucher if you purchase a full bottle.
  • You can of course request samples from Sephora! Look out for samples in the rewards bazaar and online orders too ๐Ÿ™‚
testing