Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

New perfumes from Lush are available 🙂

lushperfumes.jpg

Oh em gee @pocketvenus @michelleshops I’m soo broke after all that Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals but that Rose Jam perfume is coming home with me 😂🤣

@blackkitty2014please let us know how you find it 🙂

@pocketvenus Looks liked  still have these available. In my local stores, they only have the little size left. I want the 100 ml bottle of Rose Jam so I might have to cough up shipping 🤣😂 Btw, seems liked they raise the price about $20 USD. I remember got a full-size for around $75 USD before

@blackkitty2014All the perfume houses are raising their prices 😞 Though maybe it's a different formula this time?? LUSH prices their perfumes differently depending on ingredients.

Yay @pocketvenus I saw they were live in the UK and I didn't see anything about them coming to the US.  I'm so excited!

@michelleshopsthis is from the Canadian site, but definitely check out the US site because some are already sold out in Canada! 😮

@pocketvenus  Oh my! I didn't even know these were coming. I just checked them out, and I want so many. Unfortunately I don't have a store nearby to test them out. Are you going to order any of them? 

@PrettyPaintI think they're only available online? I haven't been able to test them and so have not purchased any but I see at least one is already completely sold out on the Canadian site 😮

RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

honestly i love anything jo malone. I have the bluebell one, woodsage and sea salt, and peony and blush. they’re floral without smelling like a bath and body works spray and i love that for them. I also LOVE versace crystal.

Zoologist is coming out with a new fragrance called Bee. A curious fragrance to release during the winter.

Scene-Bee_2048x

The notes include orange, ginger syrup, royal jelly accord, broom, heliotrope, mimosa, orange flower, benzoin, labdanum, musks, sandalwood, tonka bean and vanilla.

Diptyque's Black Friday candle is really pretty this year. Baies is a rose and berry scent.

a7a9d98c-20b8-4df6-bb8b-b37bbd6170fb-5_facebook_carousel_2_reveal_fixe

Dusita has a new release. I really like this house and the notes sound interesting

from Luckyscent

Le Pavillon d’Or is constructed as intricately as a Thai floating pavilion itself. Opening with the crisp, green chill of orris root and mint, the perfume feels immediately cooling; a hot brow soothed by splashes from a mountain stream. The peppery, citrusy nuances of the wild mentha citrata give the opening a fresh, almost classical feel. Soon after, an astonishing fig leaf accord moves into place, managing somehow to be both juicy and dry at the same time. Notes of sweet honeysuckle, boronia, white thyme, and Somalian frankincense render the fig leaf far more interesting than it oughtta be, with tendrils of sweet florals, smoky, and resinous herbal accents creating a heady-but-light whorl of scent. Underneath this all, a divine sandalwood dressed up with a complex, 30-note heliotrope accord give the scent a luxuriantly creamy, almondy base to bed it all down. Both aromatic and warm, Le Pavillon d’Or is a clever series of contrasts wrapped up in a bottle. We think it’s as delicately beautiful as the trio of lakes that inspired it.

Le Pavillon d'Or  Notes

Mint, honeysuckle, orris, boronia, thyme, olibanum, heliotrope, fig leaf, oak, sandalwood

o.65472

Some more holiday candle releases

2f9ce22d-f3dc-45e9-99c4-387eca333b82

Its generous, characteristic smell of a balsam fir, slightly resinous, slowly guides us towards a reassuring forest.

9f50a290-6c21-4de2-9093-f18f7053ed7b

A resinous aroma of smoking Japanese cypress and jasmine petals. Warm and meditative with an element of earthy spice notes and quiet, fresh moss.

omg that candle is so so pretty @pocketvenus !

Seeking advice from my fragrance junkie friends on here to help me decide whether or not to pick up TOM FORD Soleil Neige Shimmering Body Oil oil during the sale. I’ve read lots of reviews online about it but all I’m getting is that it’s slightly floral and smells like “winter” which doesn’t really help me at all. I don’t have a store near me that carries Soliel Neige so I want to see your thoughts on the fragrance and how you would describe the notes.

@gonerogueI also haven't smelled the oil but like @Mochapj  the fragrance was not reminiscent of winter to me either. Definitely not like, pine-infused nordic air. Instead of crisp and bracing, it's soft and floral. Maybe it would work better as an oil than a fragrance?

@pocketvenus @Mochapj 
Thanks for your help today ladies! I ended up getting the oil and Metallique as well 😇81C8985A-9B47-4C01-A970-AB205F9B9711.jpeg

@pocketvenus  Thank you for your feedback! I’ll take crisp over pine any day 💁🏼‍♀️

@gonerogue I haven’t smelled the oil but I did smell the fragrance and I assume it should be the same.

it smells a lot like orange blossom flowers to me and other tropical white florals like gardenia, heliotrope, etc. I didn’t get the cool notes that people refer to; honestly I think that’s people making assumptions because it has Neige (snow) in the name.

where someone compared metallique to orange soda, I would compare Soleil Neige to a creamsicle with a bouquet of flowers on the side

@Mochapj  This was very helpful! Thank you! Orange blossom notes are more helpful than “walking in Aspen” lol I’m a fan of florals so I think I should just get it. I also really liked Metallique when I tried it at Sephoria so I’m thinking of picking that up as well. Thank you again for your speedy response! I really appreciate it ❤️❤️

testing