Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

More info on Celine's new line from NST Perfume

celine-4

Spoiler

Black Tie ~ "A couturier’s perfume, the exact olfactory interpretation of his style in relation to fashion: his obsession with black and a tailored silhouette. An androgynous composition, around vanilla as dense and as crisp as grain de poudre or lacquered satin. Fashioned like a dinner jacket, cedar and tree moss structure its allure, while the powdery caress of orris troubles body and mind." Additional notes include musk.

Cologne Française ~ "A trompe l’œil cologne, deceptively understated, aristocratic and singular. A composition playing on dissonant accords. The top note redolent with the addictive mellowness of neroli and the sensuous bite of fig tree, then the elegance of a veil of powdery orris and the tender patina of tree moss." Additional notes include musk.

Dans Paris ~ "The promise of Paris when you are just 20 years old and feeling that the city belongs to you. A top note exuding the suave vivaciousness of bergamot and coriander seed. A boat trip along the Seine in radiant sunlight. Like a tracking shot from a movie on Parisian facades, leaving you floating on air, enveloped in an addictive accord of vanilla and powdery laurel blossom." Additional notes include orris, musk.

Eau de Californie ~ "An acoustic and solar perfume in tribute to California where Hedi Slimane lived for more than ten years. The memory of palo santo, that magical essence of wood, with fresh, smoky and creamy facets. In the background, the powdery notes of orris and tree moss give this Californian dream the signature of a Parisian couture house." Additional notes include bergamot and patchouli.

La Peau Nue ~ "Reminiscences of those 70’s icons, those Parisian heroines with their movie-style elegance. A slender and impeccable allure, the eyes rimmed in black and the skin blushed with the velvety-smooth accents of orris and rose. Like an image fading over time then invading the memory, the floral intensity lightens under the softness of powdery notes and the depth of vetiver." Additional notes include bergamot and rice powder.

Nightclubbing ~ "A perfume for night birds fed by the memory of Parisian nights during the palace and bains douches era. A galbanum top note immerses us in an electric atmosphere with accents of nicotine, on a musky and addictive patina, somewhere between the scent of crimson velvet seats and the sensuality of the nape of a neck fragrant with vanilla." Additional notes include orris butter, patchouli, tree moss and musk.

Parade ~ "A musky, powdery cologne in keeping with the very codified ritual of male sartorial appearance. An attribute of the great dandies from 19th century literature right up to the musicians on the pop and rock scene since the 60s. A return to the idea of transmission and of a very French kind of perfumery. A parade under the sunlight of neroli and the radiance of bergamot, a carefree and sophisticated mix imparted by musk and oak moss, a feminine facet revealed in an addictive and powdery residual trail." Additional notes include vetiver.

Reptile ~ "A beguiling and musical perfume for center-stage. The olfactory twin of the stage outfits and rock star portraits that Hedi Slimane made throughout his life as a couturier. Like a kaleidoscope of black around tree moss, featuring facets electrified by other notes… a top note with the elegance of cedar, then the toxic and mysterious charm of leather and pepper, trailing into an addictive musky and powdery patina."

Saint-Germain-des-Prés ~ "The eternal youth of the Left Bank and their allure, looking like heroes from a novel and the movies, young people Hedi Slimane never tires of observing, sitting in a café at Saint-Germain-des-Prés, his favorite part of Paris since he was 20 years old. Saint-Germain is recaptured in a perfume. The insolence of petit grain, the delicateness of orange blossom faceted by heliotrope and vanilla, as sweet as marshmallow or a puff of icing sugar, underlined with the elegance and nobility of orris."

Penhaligons has an advent calendar for 350 pounds

ADVENTCALENDAR2019

Includes

30ml: Halfeti Body & Hand Wash, Empressa Body & Hand Lotion, Endymion Body & Hand Wash, Luna Body & Hand Lotion, Juniper Sling Body & Hand Wash
10ml: Cairo, Cousin Flora, Cousin Matthew, Heartless Helen, Terrible Teddy, Elisabethan Rose
5ml: Artemisia 5ml, Blenheim Bouquet 5ml, Iris Prima 5ml, Juniper Sling 5ml, Luna 5ml, Orange Blossom 5ml, Quercus 5ml, Empressa 5ml, Endymion Concentre 5ml
Other: Rose Lip Balm 15g, Violet Lip Balm 15g, Maduro Leaf Candle 75g

They're also doing their little mini sets again this year, so cute!

MINIHERXMAS_2019

Acqua di Parma is getting on the advent calendar bandwagon

SUB%20AcquadiParma_8028713259074_advent_calendar_xmas_2019

Includes a miniature version of the signature scent Colonia, it also includes Blu Mediterraneo, Le Nobili and Signature of the Sun miniature formats. With roll-on vials, bath & body products, and a special surprise for December 25th and retails for £325

Fragrance Junkie Central

My favorites from Sephora are clean skin such a beautiful natural light fresh smell . zi also likes nest indigo I think it is . Beautiful smell stays on well both of them .

Sweetie, how do you get the samples?! I'd love to get the 4-1-1 on how... Thanks! 😁🌼💛

@DiceyDThere are a lot of ways you can get fragrance samples

• Sometimes sales associates will give out samples
  • There are websites like Luckyscent, Twisted Lily and Surrender to Chance where you can buy samples
  • Some houses will sell samples from their websites, often with a voucher if you purchase a full bottle.
  • You can of course request samples from Sephora! Look out for samples in the rewards bazaar and online orders too 🙂

I'm a fragrance fanatic! Help?! LoLoL....

@Mochapj wrote:

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

😁🌼💛

Kilian's holiday coffret

https://s7d9.scene7.com/is/image/HoltRenfrew1/u_3700550217541_01

7.5ml x 8 for CAD$255 or $31/7.5ml which is a really good deal. I wish Sephora carried this!!

• Bamboo Harmony: Bigarade, Mimosa, White Tea Leaves
  • Black Phantom: Rum, Coffee, Cyanide
  • Good Girl Gone Bad: Orange Blossom, Osmanthus, Tuberose
  • Intoxicated: Mocha Coffee, Cardamom, Vanilla
  • Love, Don't Be Shy: Neroli, Orange Blossom, Marshmallow
  • Moonlight In Heaven: Grapefruit, Mango, Roasted Tonka Beans
  • Straight To Heaven: Rum, Nutmeg, Patchouli
  • Woman In Gold: Bergamot, Rose, Tonka Bean

@pocketvenus 

I bought it last year but I wish he would mix up the sets a bit. i think it is the exact one 😞

@ChristalMoh wow, I agree, switch it up a bit. If I could pick an 8 piece set it would be

• Moonlight in Heaven/Fresh
  • Bamboo Harmony/Fresh
  • Love & Tears/Narcotic
  • Noir Aphrodisiac/Narcotic
  • either Black Phantom or Intoxicated/Cellar
  • Single Malt/Cellar
  • Musk Oud/Smoke
  • Smoke for the Soul/Smoke

I haven't tried Noir A but it sounds good 🙂

Jo Malone holiday designs

F_87612

Also, JM has relased Rose & Magnolia

jo-malone-rose-and-magnolia-cologne

Luminous magnolia and a duet of roses, blooming and enchanting. Alive under inky skies and the moon’s silver glow. A decadent heart of sweet and petaly Rose de Mai, warmed by the spicy opulence of Rose Damascena. Draped in sensuous patchouli and warm amber.

Byredo's LE package for 1996

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F10%2Fbyredo-kirsten-1996-limited-edition-collection-hair-perfume-fragrance-travel-case-hand-cream-tw

From Hypebae

The range includes an Eau de Parfum, a leather travel perfume case, hair perfume and a hand cream where each box is decorated with a Kirsten 1996 photograph. The top notes of the products include black pepper and juniper berries, while the heart of the scent has been incorporated with leather accord, orris and violet. To finish it off, the base features black amber, patchouli and vanilla. The limited-edition Byredo 1996 collection ranges from €32 EUR (approximately $36 USD) to €135 EUR (approximately $150 USD) and is now available for purchase on Byredo’s website.

RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

One more CDG, CDG x Monacle 4: Yoyogi

Re: RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

@MochapjI like this series, thanks for posting 🙂

Notes are: cypress, freshly mown grass and wormwood

The nose, Nathalie Cetto, did a bunch of the Burberrys and TF's Orchid Soleil.

dip-ho-19

News about Diptyque's holiday candles from NST perfume

Flora Fortuna (above left; red) ~ "Our Lucky Flower candle brings good luck to those who light it. Its notes of rose, clove and anise are used to start the year off on the right note. Symbols of good fortune from around the world such as the four-leaf clover and maneki-neko cat adorn this candle, while the red color brings us the energy needed to seize its luck."

Ambre Félicité (above center; blue) ~ "Burn our Blissful Amber candle to find serenity and balance. The scent mixes amber, geranium and lavender, with the softness of musk. Our lucky charms, the horseshoe, the holly branch and the ladybug, as well as the color blue, spread the message of serenity and wisdom for the festive season and the year to come."

Pin Protecteur (above right; green) ~ "Our Protective Pine Candle will cover those who light it with it's [sic] protective aura, featuring notes of Siberian and Balsam fir, cedar, and aromatic notes of basil and sage. Our lucky charms-- the shooting star, the dream catcher and the beetle—decorate this green candle, the color of hope, against malevolent spirits."

CdG's newest pebble bottle scent is Copper. Despite the colour it's supposed to be a green scent and the flacon was originally supposed to be green. The idea of copper came from an association with Coppertone sunscreen. From Hypebeast

So in [Copper’s] case, [the first brief was] we are lying in the grass, a fresh mown lawn, and we’re lying next to someone that’s wearing a lot of suntan lotion. The second brief was much more modern, green, which was Hollywood Chewing Gum. The third brief was to take the reference of a very famous perfume, which is Vent Vert by Balmain, and let’s turn that into a COMME des GARÇONS perfume.

Notes are galbanum, peppercorns, ginger, myrrh, metallic notes and amber.

I definitely have to try this!!

1570823408421-pjimage-36

Copper also follows the release of a new CdG series, Clash.

The three scents in the new line are “Radish Vetiver,” “Celluloid Galbanum” and “Chlorophyll Gardenia.” The different elements of each of these would never naturally meet, for example celluloid is a form of plastic while galbanum is a naturally-occurring aromatic gum resin. Other clashes include the mix of radish and vetiver, two roots that never mix underground, and the mix of the heady gardenia scent with the fresh-smelling chlorophyll.

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2019%2F09%2Fcomme-des-garcons-clash-parfum-fragrance-radish-vetiver-celluloid-galbanum-chlorophyll-gardenia-01

A new Le Labo has been released, Baie 19. I thought this would be a rose scent but it's actually rain-based!

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2019%2F09%2Fle-labo-baie-19-release-1

The new scent is centered around petrichor, the pleasant smell that accompanies rain after a long period of warm, dry weather. Baie 19 is crisp and refreshing with main notes of dry juniper berry and patchouli. The scent lingers to deliver trailing notes of ambrox, cade and musk to replicate the olfactive phenomena in nature.

Jo Malone's Advent calendar this year is called magic and mayhem and will retail for 300 pounds.

Jo-Malone-Magic-Mayhem-Advent-Calendar-2019-2

Jo-Malone-Magic-Mayhem-Advent-Calendar-2019

Contents of the calendar below

Spoiler

1. Jo Malone Basil & Neroli Cologne

2. Jo Malone Wild Bluebell Body & Hand Wash

3. Jo Malone Oud & Bergamot Cologne Intense

4. Jo Malone Sweet Almond & Macaroon Mini Candle

5. Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay Cologne

6. Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia Body Crème

7. Jo Malone Tuberose Angelica Cologne Intense

8. Jo Malone Black Cedarwood & Juniper Cologne

9. Jo Malone Velvet Rose & Oud Shower Oil

10. Jo Malone Amber & Lavender Cologne

11. Jo Malone Incense & Embers Mini Candle

12. Jo Malone Dark Amber & Ginger Lily Cologne Intense

13. Jo Malone Early Grey & Cucumber Cologne

14. Jo Malone Myrrh & Tonka Body Creme

15. Jo Malone Orris & Sandalwood Cologne Intense

16. Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey Cologne

17. Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede Bath Oil

18. Jo Malone 154 Cologne

19. Jo Malone Jasmine Sambac & Marigold Cologne Intense

20. Jo Malone Mimosa & Cardamom Cologne

21. Jo Malone Pine & Eucalyptus Mini Candle

22. Jo Malone Bronze Wood & Leather Cologne Intense

23. Jo Malone Honeysuckle & Davana Cologne

24. Jo Malone Red Roses Mini Soap

Also, as a part of magic and mayhem, JM is releasing Rose and Magnolia

jm-rm

Luminous magnolia and a duet of roses, blooming and enchanting. Alive under inky skies and the moons silver glow. A decadent heart of sweet and petaly Rose de Mai, warmed by the spicy opulence of Rose Damascena. Draped in sensuous patchouli and warm amber.

@pocketvenus I smelled the Rose and Oud and it was great on paper.  I’m finding that I actually enjoy Rose in frags now that I’ve smelled it in a good blend.  I can’t find anything to top Montale Intense Cafe yet.  

Hiram Green has a new LE, Voyage 2019

Voyage_2019_50_ml_1024x1024

In 2015 we launched Voyage. It was an oriental perfume inspired by the heady scents of Indian street markets and the opulence of Octopussy's floating palace on Lake Pichola. Only 250 bottles were available worldwide and quickly sold out.

Now, four years later, we present an updated version. The warm, smooth amber and vanilla heart remains, but suede has been replaced by lotus flower, India’s national flower. The delicate sweetness of this flower in combination with fresh citrus top notes give Voyage 2019 a lighter and more tropical feel.

RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

New scent from Arquiste; Misfit

testing