Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

@MochapjI wonder what the notes are!! So far, the two Arquistes I've tried are pretty good.

RE: Re: RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

Re: RE: Re: RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

@Mochapjthank you!!! My heart sank a little when I read "woody amber" but carrot, lavender, woods and animalistic notes could definitely be interesting!

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

Pics for Diptyque's LE holiday collection

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F09%2Fdiptyque-holiday-collection-0

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F09%2Fdiptyque-holiday-collection-1

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F09%2Fdiptyque-holiday-collection-14

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F09%2Fdiptyque-holiday-collection-15

New Gucci Bloom flanker, Ambrosia di Fiori

gucci-bl

The original Gucci Bloom scent is the foundation of Gucci Bloom Ambrosia di Fiori. In the intensified take on this scent, the vibrant bouquet features new ingredients, including the rare and tenacious Velvety Orris, the root of Iris. The other new note, Damascena Rose is distilled from the most fragrant breed of rose, harvested in the early morning to give the powerful rendition of the flower. Instead of a classical pyramid construction of top, heart and base notes Gucci Bloom opens fully at once with noble and rare flowers: Jasmine Bud extract, Tuberose, Rangoon Creepern[sic], Damascena Rose and Velvety Orris.

THom Browne is releasing 6 new gender-neutral scents, all based on vetiver. A bold move! There is one "pure" vetiver, while the others are "laced" with vetiver.

thom-browne-fragrance-feat

Thom Browne Fragrance leads with Vetyver Absolute, the most “pure” and highly concentrated of the collection’s guiding vetiver blend. “I like a signature scent,” said Browne of the hero fragrance becoming his new go-to. “A lot of people would understand why I say it because the gray suit is very signature to my collections. I appreciate people that are drawn to a signature for themselves. And that’s why we wanted to develop more than one fragrance.” While Absolute can be worn alone, in the spirit of his meticulously tailored approach to style, Browne also encourages layering it with one of the other five fragrances. For daytime, there’s “fresh and earthy” Cucumber 01, sparkling Grapefruit 02 inspired by Japanese citrus, and rich Rose 03, which Browne tends to prefer for men. “To me, sweetness has always been an intriguing idea for a man to entertain,” he said. Once the sun goes down, there’s warm and deep Whiskey 04, which “has a real masculinity to it, but also a sweetness because of the caramelization,” Browne added. Or spicy Smoke 05, a tribute to the hazy romance of the past. “I’m not a proponent of smoking, but it’s inspired by the days when people smoked and used beautiful rock-crystal ashtrays,” he explained, adding that the collection’s red, white, and blue grosgrain ribbon–tied crystal bottles were designed with those decadent cigarette receptacles of yore in mind.

RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

New from tauer

Re: RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

@MochapjThis sounds wonderfully aromatic. I love Dessert Marocain and Lonestar Memories.

New Kilian on the horizon, Fun Things Always Happen After Sunset

Nose: Calice Becker

Notes: the cocktail’s freshly cut herb garnish hits the nose, while a sip of blackcurrant syrup soothes the palate into a delicious heart of lychee. Thoroughly modern, the AFTER SUNSET vibe gets ever sensual with musk, rose and patchouli as night takes her final hold

kilianaftersunset.jpg

@pocketvenus I am very curious to smell this new release from this line of Kilian.  I have to wait until I can make it San Antonio.  It would be nice if Sephora released a limited edition set w/ this addition.  Right now they still have the (4) in a set for $50.00 which is good considering each 7mL travel size is $30.00 ea.  If you get to sample, please update!  Thanks. 🙂

@modernwarpaintI'm not sure if it will get released in N. America but if I try it, I will definitely poast about it here 🙂

@pocketvenus  The page is up in Canada so I am assuming we get it! So excited. It is not in stock yet though.

@ChristalMNice! 😄

@pocketvenus  And I just got a message saying it was in stock!

@ChristalMI've been so busy, I haven't had a chance to try it yet!! I hope I can get around to it next week.

I saw this release and am very curious if it is smells as...

I saw this release and am very curious if it is smells as good as it sounds. I love their Princess fragrance, it is very unique and sets a creative mood. Keep is posted if you actually get to try it!

Re: I saw this release and am very curious if it is smells as...

@Amakenedtotally, will do!!

I just rushed to the app to order but it is marked as sol...

I just rushed to the app to order but it is marked as sold out. Probably it is not even here yet. Thank for the info though

Re: I just rushed to the app to order but it is marked as sol...

@cangirl84you're welcome, anytime!

Kilian did release another perfume in the My Kind of Love line that was never carried by Sephora here in Canada and I believe the US never got it. It is called Yes I Was Madly In Love But That Was Yesterday. So I hope this one gets a wider release. I'm guessing it will because After Sunset is a fruity floral, a very popular genre, whereas Madly in Love is a floral leather, which likely wouldn't sell as well.

Soleil Neige available for preorder from Neimans with the following notes:

Fragrance Family: Fresh
Scent Type: Fresh Citrus & Fruits
Key Notes: Bergamot, Carrot Seed, Jasmine Grandiflorum, Karmaflor Captive, Cistus, and Benzoin85589913-6FC6-409B-AA85-5558B04A4841.png

@Mochapj  This one will be mine! I think I have to sniff first though sadly so we shall see when Nordstrom gets it. If you get a chance to sniff, please report back!

testing