Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

New from tauer

Re: RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

@MochapjThis sounds wonderfully aromatic. I love Dessert Marocain and Lonestar Memories.

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

New Kilian on the horizon, Fun Things Always Happen After Sunset

Nose: Calice Becker

Notes: the cocktail’s freshly cut herb garnish hits the nose, while a sip of blackcurrant syrup soothes the palate into a delicious heart of lychee. Thoroughly modern, the AFTER SUNSET vibe gets ever sensual with musk, rose and patchouli as night takes her final hold

kilianaftersunset.jpg

@pocketvenus I am very curious to smell this new release from this line of Kilian.  I have to wait until I can make it San Antonio.  It would be nice if Sephora released a limited edition set w/ this addition.  Right now they still have the (4) in a set for $50.00 which is good considering each 7mL travel size is $30.00 ea.  If you get to sample, please update!  Thanks. 🙂

@modernwarpaintI'm not sure if it will get released in N. America but if I try it, I will definitely poast about it here 🙂

@pocketvenus  The page is up in Canada so I am assuming we get it! So excited. It is not in stock yet though.

@ChristalMNice! 😄

@pocketvenus  And I just got a message saying it was in stock!

@ChristalMI've been so busy, I haven't had a chance to try it yet!! I hope I can get around to it next week.

I saw this release and am very curious if it is smells as...

I saw this release and am very curious if it is smells as good as it sounds. I love their Princess fragrance, it is very unique and sets a creative mood. Keep is posted if you actually get to try it!

Re: I saw this release and am very curious if it is smells as...

@Amakenedtotally, will do!!

I just rushed to the app to order but it is marked as sol...

I just rushed to the app to order but it is marked as sold out. Probably it is not even here yet. Thank for the info though

Re: I just rushed to the app to order but it is marked as sol...

@cangirl84you're welcome, anytime!

Kilian did release another perfume in the My Kind of Love line that was never carried by Sephora here in Canada and I believe the US never got it. It is called Yes I Was Madly In Love But That Was Yesterday. So I hope this one gets a wider release. I'm guessing it will because After Sunset is a fruity floral, a very popular genre, whereas Madly in Love is a floral leather, which likely wouldn't sell as well.

Soleil Neige available for preorder from Neimans with the following notes:

Fragrance Family: Fresh
Scent Type: Fresh Citrus & Fruits
Key Notes: Bergamot, Carrot Seed, Jasmine Grandiflorum, Karmaflor Captive, Cistus, and Benzoin85589913-6FC6-409B-AA85-5558B04A4841.png

@Mochapj  This one will be mine! I think I have to sniff first though sadly so we shall see when Nordstrom gets it. If you get a chance to sniff, please report back!

RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

Notes for the new NARS Audacious fragrance

TOP NOTE: White Frangipani and smoke of incense
MIDDLE NOTE: Tiare flower, Ylang Ylang essential oil, Sandalwood
BASE NOTE: White Cedar essential oil, White Musk

Re: RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

@Mochapj , thx god for it's not another Orgasm.  😉 I like the notes ... Hopefully we will see some samples soon 😉

This is the bottle for HdP 1926. This one is my favorite from the Opera Collection.

spicy floral; fem.
Top notes: Narcissus, Ginger, Orange Blossom, Pear
Heart notes: Carnation, Jasmin, Patchouli
Base notes: Leather, Amber, Incense

Main notes: Narcissus, Carnation, Incense

Like Princess Turandot, this irresistible and mysterious perfume airs elegance with its floral bouquet ruled by Carnations and then succumbs to its more powerful and sensual Amber nature.

With the utmost delicacy, Carnation opens up to Leather’s might like a sensitive soul who only gives its heart in complete sincerity.

Thankfully for me the leather and incense are not strong smelling on me in this one. Same with the hippie frou frou note. I can detect them, but something beats them out I just am not sure which note or notes it is.

@Samtian  I just ordered a sample of a fragrance based on the Turandot opera too though this one is by Amouage 😄

Very pretty bottle 

The bottles for Chloe's new Atelier des Fleurs line looks a lot like GUCCI's Memoire. Maybe it's a new trend moving away from the minimalist Le Labo or Byredo look?

Chloe_ATELIER_DES_FLEURS_VERBENA_W_001589190_99999_0099_002_100_0000_Light-Gucci-Mmoire-dune-Odeur-60ml-Eau-de-Parfum

I'd paste the descriptions of the Chloes but to be honest, it's all just marketing fluff about, get this, memories, and no notes pyramids so who knows what they'll actually smell like. Here's one example

Cedrus, woody musk

Behind this woody Eau de Parfum, with either tender and subtle notes or warm and musky ones, lies the perfumer's childhood memory of a playful lover's gift: a bouquet of branches that Quentin Bisch's father gave to his mother.

1 Reply
testing