Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@pocketvenus  I actually have the sampler set. I just sprayed on the neon rose to see if I could detect the dank, dirty note. You are way better at describing scents than I am, but I do smell kind of a peppery, almost decaying rose-type scent. Like rather than a floral rose, it's kind of a more earthy/dirt/rose note. Is this at all like what you are smelling? The name "neon" rose kind of throws me off because it doesn't seem to fit the scent in my opinion.

@PrettyPaintyes, something decaying, not like fruit but more earthy. It's hardly there at all when I sprayed it earlier today. But dry downs can be different on everyone. I know what you mean, it didn't smell neon to me either. I guess the colours of smells is all very subjective though!

Thx you so much for the feed back @pocketvenus .  I'm most interested in Ylang Ylang Espresso and Black Lotus. 😉 I dont think i'm crazy about Cafe Tuberosa though 😉 

@blackkitty2014you're most welcome! I should add, these strike me as pretty clean and probably suitable for the office.

@blackkitty2014 I have the sample set in my wishlist lol.

Me too @Samtian .  I try to not hoard anymore perfume until i can finish another the full size 😉 Ugh i have way to many scents in my love list.

@blackkitty2014 Haha I don't mind collecting them, I just can't afford it and then I feel bad because I have so many samples my regular bottles get little use.

@blackkitty2014will definitely report back if they stock testers 🙂

I ordered the vanilla and rubarb and they should be arriv...

I ordered the vanilla and rubarb and they should be arriving today so I will report back 🙂

Re: I ordered the vanilla and rubarb and they should be arriv...

@pocketvenus  @blackkitty2014 my mini review:

I would say both vanilla and rhubarb are fairly simple and not particularly complex scents. I don;t notice and note change as the fragrance develops but I must say they are both particularly pleasant.

The vanilla has something unexpected in it that gives it a nice twist. The Rubarb is bright and sunny and very nice too.

They have  decent lasting time.

@ChristalMthanks for sharing! I'll have to do a fresh spray of the rhubarb as it was just laundry dryer sheet vibes on the paper tester Sephora had out!

@pocketvenus  I must say I love a good rubarb note and I like this one a lot! 

@ChristalMsprayed the tester and I see what you mean about a rhubarb note. It's abstract with a nice hint of tartness 🙂 So difficult to find rhubarb at the forefront, the only one I can think of is the Hermes. 

HERMÈS Eau de rhubarbe écarlate Eau de Cologne 3.3 oz/ 98 mL Eau de Cologne Spray

If you like rhubarb definitely give it a try! I can't speak to the drydown but the opening is nice.

I love it. I also love rhubarb. This was my all time favorite rhubarb fragrance. of course discotinued...

locctaine.jfif

Thx @ChristalM Heart

@pocketvenus my mini review:

I would say both vanilla and rhubarb are fairly simple and not particularly complex scents. I don;t notice and note change as the fragrance develops but I must say they are both particularly pleasant.

The vanilla has something unexpected in it that gives it a nice twist. The Rubarb is bright and sunny and very nice too.

They have  decent lasting time.

Hum, it kinda reminds me of nest

Hedi Slimane of Celine will be releasing a line of 11 fragrances. Their description is hilarious. A puff of perfume ha ha!

androgynous and versatile for both day and night. Each puff of perfume serves sophisticated grandeur through an enveloping cloud that mixes the brand's modern luxury with Slimane’s signature touch, and of course, the scent comes in an exquisitely sleek bottle to match

-16356-8360e

The bottle looks like crystal 

LV has a new release for the fall, Cœur Battant.

C%C5%92UR-BATTANT_JPEG

Anyone who has bitten into a delicious, juicy pear will recognise that frisson of voluptuousness that runs right through the body. This is why Jacques Cavallier Belletrud chose a note of cool, crisp pear as his perfume’s preface, which is elegantly prolonged by ambrette seed that leads it toward the horizon. And then, suddenly, a magical molecule, Cascalone, projects the pear into a cascade of freshness on the skin…Cœur Battant honours Egyptian jasmine, the living soul of perfume, a sensual, radiant flower whose freshness he manages, miraculously, to preserve endlessly. Jasmine’s humid note becomes even richer with the appearance of narcissus, a wildflower with green and animalistic facets.

A chypré base of pure patchouli and moss elegantly illuminates the perfume’s generous floral heart, revealing other animal facets that don’t necessarily offer themselves up freely at first encounter.

I don’t like any of the new couture bottles. They lack imagination. Every house uses these blobs and charges a fortune. Moss and patchouli sounds like something I would enjoy. Can you think of any designer that has a nice moss scent that last?

7 Replies
testing