Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

Some products from Diptyque's new Prêts-à-Parfumer line

Perfumed temporary tattoos

patch_rose_1439x1200px

Brooch

Bracelet

boite_bracelet_ret_1439x1200px

Love it, the line isn’t in my price range normally but I would love to own fragranced jewelry 

Le Labo is releasing two new city exclusives, Miami’s TABAC 28 and Hong Kong’s BIGARADE 18. During the month of September, city exclusives are available in Le Labo boutiques worldwide.

Tabac 28 notes: tobacco leaves, rum, cedarwood, and green cardamom

Bigarade 18 notes: bergamot, neroli petal, lily, musk, ambergris and cedarwood

Flat-Lay

243_ONE_SIZE_IMAGE_01_12552_48949189

Can't wait to smell these new ones this weekend!

Tabac sounds like the perfect scent for me. I suffer from female napoleons syndrome so I like my fragrances big.

I love the note of tobacco in fragrance too, hope you get...

I love the note of tobacco in fragrance too, hope you get to sample TABAC and let us know your thoughts!

RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

One of the TF trademarks I found a few months back has surfaced and is apparently a fragrance

Re: RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

@MochapjI read an article from the globalcosmeticnews website that this will launch in the fall, maybe to coincide with the opening of an Alibaba Tmall store. I also read on the Basenotes that this will be launched exclusively in China but could not confirm this with a news site.

As for notes, I couldn't find any, but joshsmellslike on IG says, it’s quite good! I couldn’t place it at first but it reminded me of Chanel. After some time with it I think it’s reminding me of No. 18 because I THINK I detect ambrette and iris. I also think there might be a little leather, almost like a lighter Dior Homme Parfum. There’s also a nice berry in there of some sort I think.

Re: RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

Glad to know it’s light, so I don’t feel like I’m missing out. This sounds more like a spring floral.

I can only find French ad copy for Rolling in Love, which is now available for pre-order at Holt Renfrew.

It’s billed as monochromatic layers of white and a departure from the house. It smells very Kilian-like to me, one of the richer ones like Good Girl Gone Bad. I'll write my thoughts in the Challenge thread. Notes are: ambrette, almond milk, tuberose, iris, musk, vanilla, tonka

kl_sku_N33901_833x968_4

@pocketvenus Is it pre-order in store? I don't see it online...

@ChristalManswered this in the other thread 🙂

I’m constantly picking up different perfumes and essential oil scents.  I’ll only buy the regular size if I’m sure it’s going to be one that I’d wear a lot.  Rest of the time I pick up the travel size.  I have my eyes on Seance perfumes online because they are different, Dark and unusual.  I did pick up a few new ones last month from Sephora.

MAISON MARGIELA - REPLICA Whispers In The Library Travel Spray

THE 7 VIRTUES - Jasmine Neroli Eau de Parfum

ATELIER COLOGNE - Collection Azur – Cèdre Atlas Travel Spray

A new Zoologist is being released at the end of the month. Zoologist a very unique house with interesting, creative releases. The last two, Dodo and Chameleon, didn't pique my interest but I might try to seek out Squid. I normally dislike aquatic scents, or to be more specific, calone, but I'm hoping this will be different 😛

o.12596.2

Zoologist Squid sings a song of the sea, a melancholy tale told through tangy brine, crisp incense, and sweet, cloudy ink, all united by the moody aroma of ambergris

Top Notes: Pink Pepper, Solar Salicylate, Incense
Heart Notes: Black Ink Accord, Salty Accord, Opoponax
Base Notes: Ambergris, Benzoin, Musk

Thought I'd share this Gucci ad for GUCCI - Mémoire d'une Odeur Eau de Parfum because it's so different from your usual half naked supermodel making bedroom eyes at the camera 🙂 I wrote my thoughts on the scent in the Perfume Challenge thread 😄

4l28bcb-wtb4

@pocketvenus I wish I had photographed that haha. I love it! This is the kind of ad that makes me look at products.

That’s so progressive. Wow. I might pick up a bottle.

Etat Libre uploaded a YT video today for their latest release, She Was An Anomaly. No notes, just a video. I found an IG post by lynnessmells with the following comment

This easy going fragrance is a delight. On first sniff She Was An Anomaly is so approchable - green mandarin & homogeneous fresh white flowers that lead into a powdery back drop that lingers happily on my skin without being too sweet. She is formatted to please and she does just that , more in a geisha sense than sterile android. She was created with the help of artificial intelligence - « Carto » but Daniela Andrier has input a human element which separates She Was An Anomaly from dross, functional fare. There is something a little bit dirty on the dry down - like clean perspiration from honest hard work which I really like. It is a touch of human trace without being animalistic. She Was An Anomaly is formatted for perfection, with a welcome twist. She Was An Anomaly has the capacity to please with a human touch that will leave you reaching for her to enjoy her company. I can’t wait for her release. Liberation is set for September 2019.

New Byredo coming out called Slow Dance

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F07%2Fbyredo-slow-dance-perfume-fragrance-review-01

Filled with top notes of opoponax, a heard of geranium, labdanum and violet, as well as a sweet base of vanilla and patchouli, the fragrance is a captivating mix of feminine and masculine.

I want to own a bottle of byredo but of course they don’t sell it at JCPENNEY Sephora yet. Is there a bottle of Tom Ford that would be as modern and understated for hanging out in coffee houses and hugging poets?

RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

I stopped in my local Costco this weekend. They had 3.4 oz bottles of various designer fragrances for $56.99. I picked up a Tory Burch. I didn’t need it, but it’s too good to pass up!
testing