Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly ๐Ÿ™‚

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff ๐Ÿ˜„

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

Nars is coming out with an audacious fragrance, no details on notes yet

Re: RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

I swear if they use the word orgasm just once when talking about this fragrance I will flip a table @Mochapj 

@michelleshops  I think youโ€™re going to need to make room at the table. Several of us will be flipping it with you. ๐Ÿ˜

@michelleshops  I'd say there's probably about a 50% chance of that happening ๐Ÿ˜„

I agree!

@michelleshops๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

@michelleshops So accurate though LOL. Like please, spare us, we get it

But but but what Nars would be without the word Orgasm @michelleshops ๐Ÿ˜‰ I wouldnt be surprise if that is their first perfume.  Sigh!!!

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

It's funny I recently stumbled onto Cire Trudon's fragrances because they just released two more!

• Elae - white floral with neroli, apple, bergamot, ylang, jasmine, tuberose, sandalwood, benzoin and akigalawood.

• Mรฉdie - fresh fragrance with grapefruit, green mandarin, angelica, jasmine, cypress, pepperwood, cedar, incense and akigalawood. Ambery dry down.

elae

medie

Chopard has jumped onto the oud bandwagon with a new oud line, Gardens of the Kings. The nose is Alberto Morrilas who did the Gucci snake oud, a number of Kilians including a couple ouds, and the first Western oud, M7, under the direction of Tom Ford at YSL. You probably already know his work through hits like Acqua di Gio.

The scents are as follows

• Agar Royal - jasmine, mandarin orange, bergamot, black pepper, tuberose, vetiver, patchouli, cypriol oil, agarwood, laotian oud
  • Aigle Imperial - bergamot, ginger, matcha tea, water notes, labdanum, patchouli, olibanum, guaiac wood, agarwood, laotian oud
  • Nuit des Rois - iris, bulgarian rose, saffron, neroli, bitter orange, cardamom, honey, vanilla, sandalwood, vetiver, guaiac wood, agarwood, laotian oud
  • Or de Calambac - star anise, pink pepper, juniper, cacao, hazelnut, cinnamon, tonka bean, myrrh, labdanum, cypress, guaiac wood, vetiver, agarwood, loatian oud

MASTER_GARDEN_OF_KING_HORIZONTAL-740x370

ABG and Bellevue Brands to Launch Elvis Fragrances in Fall 2019
The men's and women's fragrance collection is expected to launch at Cannes in October, and at Graceland, department and specialty stores.

The 'Forever' fragrance from the Elvis Presley fragrance collection launching this fall.

Spoiler

Elvis is alive and well โ€” at least in terms of his licensing potential.

Authentic Brands Group, the owner of the rights to the late singerโ€™s name, and Bellevue Brands have partnered to launch the Elvis Presley fragrance collection this fall, a line of scents for men and women. And the fragrances will be the start of a larger rollout of the beauty category inspired by the King of Rock โ€˜nโ€™ Roll. 

The initial collection is comprised of four fragrances under the names Legend and Forever. The menโ€™s Legend scent has musky and spicy ingredients such as pink pepper, amber and cedarwood, while Forever features black pepper, incense and fir balsam. For women, Legend has floral notes of hibiscus water, lavender buds, orange flower and rose, while Forever for Her has mandarin, apple blossom, pink pepper and ebony woods. 

The bottles containing the fragrances nod to Elvisโ€™ music history. Legend features a gold-plated mold of the entertainer on stage and Forever is a record-shaped bottle with a gold or silver vintage microphone top. 

โ€œElvis represents rebellion, passion and individuality,โ€ said Katie Jones, ABGโ€™s vice president of entertainment. โ€œMen want to be him and women are enraptured by him. The collection embodies these qualities.โ€ 

The collection will be available at retail locations at Graceland, Elvisโ€™s former home in Memphis, as well as department, specialty and duty-free stores. Jones added that the collection is expected to launch in Cannes this October as well.

Jones revealed that fragrances are just the beginning for the Elvis Presley brand, however, saying ABG plans to expand into beauty and grooming as well. โ€œElvis was a trailblazer in menโ€™s grooming as well as music,โ€ she said. โ€œNot only did he launch his own fragrance, but he also dyed his own hair as a teen, and even wore eyeliner. We see opportunity to expand the brand further into the beauty and grooming space, specifically with hair and makeup.โ€ 

Authentic Brands Group acquired the rights to Elvis Presleyโ€™s name, image and likeness in 2013 from Core Media Group. The brand development company announced in June a partnership with animal health and wellness CBD company Better Choice to launch a line of CBD pet products under the Elvis Presley Hound Dog brand. 

@ZombieMetroAntthanks for sharing this! Very amused by the idea of Elvis branded CBD pet products ๐Ÿ˜„

This Lancome release, Idole, sounds interesting. For a moment, I thought the name was INDOLE and I would love an indolic perfume get a huge, splashy release but Idole still sounds good. From NST Perfume:

A new musky chypre floral fragrance, created by three female perfumers: Shyamala Maisondieu, Adriana Medina and Nadรจge Le Garlantezec. A sustainably sourced Isparta Rose Petal Essence from Turkey exclusively made for Lancรดme, along with a Centifolia Rose grown in France, shine among notes of bergamot, accords of pear, India Jasmine Grandiflorum, and a new 'clean and glow' accord that is set to re-write the white page on which every woman starts her story.

Verdant and tender, fresh and voluptuous, Idรดle is a fragrance which speaks volumes, and sparkles in light.

Crystallizing a new out-of-the-box vision of success โ€“ one that unites and transcends rather than separates beyond convention โ€“ the Idรดle bottle, designed by architect and industrial designer, Chafik Gasmi, is the fitting tribute to the industry technical advances and innovations. The Idรดle bottle being arguably one of the slimmest in the world at just 15mm thick.

echantillon_idole_parfum-312x312

It's been public for awhile now, but I forgot to post about it here. Christopher Chong resigns from Amouage after 12 years, from Muscat Daily

Christopher-Chong-resigns-from-Amouage-after-12-years_StoryPicture

Christopher Chong, creative director of Amouage has announced that he will be leaving the company. Chong resigned on May 1. 

His triumphant debut was in creating Jubilation 25 for women and Jubilation XXV for men in 2007 despite no formal training in the luxury fragrance industry. This set the tone for all future launches and today, Chong has become a highly respected protagonist who is known for defying convention and for pushing artistic boundaries. Over the past 12 years, he has steered Amouage on a creative path to global success and he achieved this by entirely reshaping the olfactive identity of the brand. Classically trained as a lyric baritone, Chong has often described his career as unorthodox and his role at Amouage as pre-ordained, โ€˜singingโ€™ various song cycles by bottling art and emotions. During his tenure at Amouage, he approached his work from a personal perspective, adding layers of myriad contradictions and nuances.

โ€œI would like to thank Amouage for giving me so many opportunities to develop my perfumery skills. My 12-year journey at Amouage has been nothing short of epic and it has been an honour to meet and work with so many wonderful people along the way.โ€ He added, โ€œI leave with enormous and enduring gratitude. I am grateful to everyone who believed in me, even when I was being challenging at times with my creativity. Your trust gave me tremendous courage and confidence to take Amouage from a relatively unknown Omani brand to the international recognition that it has today.โ€

Chong added, โ€œThis is not a swan song but rather, a short interlude to enable me to focus on new projects and new challenges, so watch this space. This is only the end of the beginning.โ€

More details on TF Metallique FD2FDEB6-5AC3-470B-ACFC-69AF832D874B.png

WILLFUL. FEARLESS. ADDICTIVE.

FORGED WITH ELEGANT BRILLIANCE, TOM FORD METALLIQUE MESMERIZES ITS ADMIRERS WITH A PULSATING FLASH OF MODERN, RESOLUTE FEMININITY, WILLFUL, LUMINOUS AND IN FULL BLOOM. A HIGH-SHINE ARMOR OF ADDICTIVE ALDEHYDES ENVELOP ITS REVERBERATING CORE OF SENSUOUS WHITE FLOWERS, LIKE A METAL VENUS IN FLEURS.

LIKE AN ARMORED EMBROIDERED DRESS, THE METALLIC SHEATH OF LIGHTER-THAN-AIR ALDEHYDES OPENS THE SCENT LIKE A SECOND SKIN, THE COLLISION OF CRISP VERT DE BERGAMOTE AND PINK PEPPERCORN FURTHER STEELING THE INSATIABILITY OF THE FIRST IMPRESSION.

BENEATH ITS COOL VENEER, METALLIQUE'S FLORAL HEART IS AMPLIFIED BY JUXTAPOSING DELICATE WHITE BLOSSOMS OF AUBEPINE AND MUGUET WITH THE NARCOTIC-LIKE NECTAR OF HELIOTROPE.

AN AURA OF AMBRETTE SEED IMPARTS WARMTH WITH WOODY INFLECTIONS OF PERU BALSAM. THE SOFT SCENT OF VANILLA AND CREAMY SANDALWOOD LAYER AN ADDICTIVE, CONTRASTING FINISH THAT FURTHER DRIVES THE METALLIC SUITING OF THE OPEN.

Has anyone tried this yet?

@ChristalM an acquaintance of mine on IG messaged me on the weekend to say she'd tried it. She said the main thing she got out of it was vanilla. AFAIK I don't think it's launched yet in Canada, though.

@Mochapj  Ok thanks. Hummm it sounds right up my ally. I see it is listed on Sephora as coming soon...

@MochapjThanks for sharing! The ALL CAPS is amazing ha ha. So basically it's crunchy on the outside with a creamy center. I actually want to try this ๐Ÿ˜„

@pocketvenus  I very much would like to meet someone who writes fragrance marketing because itโ€™s always the most ridiculously over the top prose ๐Ÿคฃ

@MochapjI enjoy reading them even when the perfumes are meh ha ha. Definitely some would be poets in there trying to pay the bills ๐Ÿ˜„

testing