Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly Smiley Happy

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff Smiley Very Happy

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@LibellulesThanks for sharing your thoughts! I recall TF's Vanille Fatale basically smelling like hot chocolate to me ha ha.

@pocketvenus ooooh id totally be into hot chocolate <3

@Libellules I am laughing at this "Yup, 5 minutes in my husband and I were debating whether I smelled more like Sunkist or Fanta.

Thanks for sharing!

LOL, clearly it's not for me! A shame, because, from a branding perspective, it was really calling to me. I love the name and the bottle, but there is nothing metallic about the scent. Unless you want to think of a can of Sunkist O.O (which I did. It made me think of when I was 8, and we'd frequent our neighborhood pool and drink Sunkist from the soda machine :x ).

New scent from DS & Durga, Notorious Oud

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 11.06.20 AM.png

A couple new Margiela Replicas by Jacques Cavallier-Belletrud are on their way. Cavallier is the nose behind the new LV scents, the new Bvlgari teas, and the classic L'eau d'Issey.

Coffee Break immediately immerses you in the cosy ambience of a charming café. Aromas of roasted Arabica beans, fine desserts garnished with lavender blossoms and frothed milk cream unite to create a delightfully pleasurable fragrance that envelops you in a relaxing way. 

Notes are coffee, lavender, milk

Spingtime in a Park captures the scent of a green city oasis in spring. Flowers sprout. The first warm rays of sunshine of the year after a long, cold winter invite you to take a stroll. The delicate pastel shades of the fragrant flowers are a feast for the senses from which one cannot get enough. 

Notes are pear, lily of the valley, musk

mm-coffee

I am excited to try Coffee Break.  Although, it sounds more suited as a candle fragrance.  I’m interested to see how they deliver this one and how it translates into the skin.  

Omg yay @ Coffee Break! I love coffee and have been hoping to find a good perfume to capture it. Fingers crossed MMM is it Smiley Very Happy

@pocketvenus I have not! I’m pretty picky about rose (and florals in general). How would you describe it?

@Libellulescoffee with a swirl of tuberose cream. I can't remember what the dry down is like but I remember finding the whole thing very clever.

Oh, and I just remembered, Kilian does a coffee too KILIAN - Intoxicated. Been a long time since I smelled it though but it gets good reviews.

Thanks @pocketvenus ! I will have to try Cafe tuberosa!

There is a Killian one I tried, Black Phantom - Memento Mori which has coffee in it, but it is more subtle. I’ll have to try Intoxicated! Thanks so much for the recommendations Smiley Happy

@Libelluleshappy to spread the perfume love Smiley Happy

They sound refreshing 

Very excited for these, can't wait to smell them!

Very excited for these, can't wait to smell them!

@pocketvenus  Omg, so excited for these!!! 😃

RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

Nars is coming out with an audacious fragrance, no details on notes yet

Re: RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

I swear if they use the word orgasm just once when talking about this fragrance I will flip a table @Mochapj 

@michelleshops  I think you’re going to need to make room at the table. Several of us will be flipping it with you. 😏

@michelleshops  I'd say there's probably about a 50% chance of that happening Smiley Very Happy

I agree!