Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

Do you like it?

I don't know... 😄

It has soooooo many things going on I feel like I can't get a read on it.  

I'll update once I've had it on for a few hours.

I'm on pins and needles!

Apparently I need a nap.

I read that as pine needles :S

Which would work if I was wearing FeA 😛

I can't tell you all how bummed I've been these past few weeks not being able to try all the perfumes I am waiting to try. 

I was waiting for my cold to pass and the congestion in my sinuses to clear, and I think I'm finally there, so tomorrow is PERFUME DAY!!!

I feel for you, as much as I love makeup perfume is my first love and being sick sucks!!!!  Happy sniffing!!

yay ! eager to hear about your discoveries. 

Tomorrow has Nombre Noir written all.over.it. 😄

yesssss. can you feel my envy through the screen ??! 🙂

Hey ladies! Figure I'd come here and ask the experts because I barely know anything about fragrance 😉 I wore Viva La Juicy for the longest time, then switched to Viva La Juicy Noir.. Now, I am absolutely in love with Alien by Thierry Mugler, I ADORE this scent, cant get enough! My only problem with it is that it can get pretty pricey if I wear it to work every day.. Any suggestions as to what may smell similar at a lower price point? Or anything else similar that you would know of?

Thank you!

Mugler's site does lots of promos.  I can't recommend a similar scent...pretty distinctive.  But if you sign up for notifications on the site you'll get invited to numerous insider sales.

Thank you! Here's me hoping they ship to Canada

i only just now got my nose on YSL black opium and i'm surprised how much it smells of flowerbomb ?? anyone else find that ?

black opium, to me, smells like flowerbomb layered over diesel's loverdose..but i prefer black opium to loverdose (which i love) and flowerbomb (which is "meh" on me). i'm w/ meganlisa -- i love coffee notes!

Anonymous Insider

What do you smell when you use flowerbomb? There are three shared elements though, patch, orange flower, and jasmine.

it falls in that same "family" with Flowerbomb and La Vie Est Belle. But, I'm with Gwen, too... I don't care for flower bomb and I can't wear La Vie Est Belle anymore (because I already bought a full size bottle of course 😛  )

Black Opium seems less overtly sweet and cloying - like Megan said- probably the coffee. Of course, I bought the holiday set so I'm sure I'll start having sensitivities to it soon LOL

Maybe it's me...but I'm not sure I'll ever get tired of anything that has "coffee" in the scent notes....

Conceptually yes but....

I'm with Gwen.  I really don't like flowerbomb (a little over the top for me) but I love black opium.  But when I wear BO I really get the coffee, perhaps because I drink so much coffee.  So it might smell much different on me than on you.

Perfume juice junkie here...I do like Black Opium too. I don't get as much patch as I do with Flowerbomb. I actually can't do Flowerbomb because of the patchouli.

I absolutely get Flowerbomb... spiked with a heavy dose of orange blossom. 

1 Reply
testing