Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

I only got a card of decadence and a sample of miu miu.  Was considering miu miu FS just for the bottle, too.  I like it quite a lot, but there is a tiny note of spiciness that lingers that I don't love 100%, but I am still considering getting it.  Decadence was pretty nice, too, I liked it much better than the other MJ fragrances which i just don't find very exciting!  I think you'll be happy with these and such beautiful bottles!

my top 5 6 that i own:

1. serge lutens - ambre sultan
  2. tom ford - santal blush
  3. tokyomilk - arsenic (yay budget !)
  4. v&r - flowerbomb. while not exactly 'my' kind of scent, i have so many intense and formative memories associated with this it will always be dear to me
  5. bvlgari jasmine noir & and chanel coco noir are very similar to me. so they get a tie. i should probably explore their differences a bit more....
  6. issey miyake l'eau de issey. again, not my typical sort of scent but this floral is so delicate that exudes a strong femininity that i really admire. 

shout out to le labo rose 31. i don't own this so i'm not including it, but i will. i have the lotion, shower gel and hair conditioner, though. this is the rose that made me realize not all rose smells of a funeral (which i actually appreciate in concept but, again, difficult connotations). 

Tokyo Milk is such a great brand.  My 14 year old's favorite is Tainted Love. I have to take a deep breath on that one but at least she has good taste!

I am finally done sampling all my Atelier Cologne vials! As per my usual preferences, I love the citrusy, green, and floral scents. The darker, complex ones are really interesting but not ones I would wear. Since i haven't found one that i *must* buy a full sized bottle of, but really liked several, I want to get a customizable rollerball set from Atelier Cologne direct 😄

The following vials are the ones that are NOT citrusy/green/floral, i.e. the ones that i won't be keeping. I will be happy to ship those in a padded envelope to anyone in the US that is interested (for free, of course). *all pending*

Ambre Nue, Blanche Immortelle, Cedre Atlas, Gold Leather,
Oud Sapphir, Santal Carmin, Vanille Insensee, Vetiver Fatal.

I would love the Oud Sapphir, pm'ing you now. 

Since this is the thread for fragrance junkies, I was wondering if I'm the only one that just layers on a bunch of my favorite scents on a night in? I love smelling like a Sephora store without offending anyone's nose besides my husband's and my cats' lol.

Before my boyfriend lived with me, I used to.  Though I don't usually layer, exactly, just try out different ones on each arm, etc.  he's really sensitive to scents so I have to pay attention to the ones that he can't stand instantly and put those away. But I will spritz something on after my shower at night so it's not so strong by the time bedtime rolls around. 

But when I Visit the mall, all bets are off, I spray everything on me!

Hah! This isn't something I,be tried. I get quite sensitive to smells, and I'm afraid if I created something I didn't like, I'd have to shower immediately :x

Today I wore 1920. It's a heavier floral, with amber and musky notes. I smell the jasmine, violet and amber notes predominately. Some reviewers on Besame noted a soapy or powdery scent, but I'm not getting that all. 

image.jpeg

i like this one a lot.  But 1920s wore the shortest time on me of the lot.  What do you think?

Definitely agree though all I can compare it to right now is 1910. As it settles I'm picking up muguet more, very heavy floral in a good way. Hollywood glamour!

They're all so lovely...I was just so frustrated with the wear time of 1920...because I like it a lot. That's the only one I had wear issues with.

Love them. Can't wait to hear your thoughts...

loving your reviews! I really want to try this perfume set so I'm excited to see what you think about the other scents!

Has anyone tried out the new Alaia signature scent? I am very curious about this one (the bottle is really pretty) but havent' had a chance to try this out yet.

I got a sample with my saks order and I was curious about it, too.  However, I found it overly perfumy and overbearing.  Like, I couldn't detect any specific notes - it just seemed like a blast of perfume.  I can't remember how it dried down, I wrote it somewhere on BT, but I'm not sure where.  Anyway, I was not a fan of this one! 

thanks for your assessment! hopefully i can sample this one day. i know scents will smell different on everyone. sorry to hear that you did not like this one.

I received a sample in my Saks order but I haven't tried it yet. I'll give it a try soon and report back!

please do! 🙂

Completely forgot to report back! My husband loved this scent on me. He kept saying how nice I smelled, all day long! I won't be buying it though. I'm not a huge fan of florals, although this was one of the nicest floral I have found. Not strong or grandma like, much younger. It has a bit of creamy musk that makes it a very subdued. I get a bit of rose, maybe a bit of violet. I like it, but don't love it.

Not sure if this is the correct place for this, but does anyone wear the Juliette Has a Gun perfumes? I've been wanting to try them but obviously didn't want to spend a lot on something that I hadn't actually smelled yet. So this morning I saw that they have a little sampler kit for $15, just wondering if anyone has any experience with them before I buy it. 

I got a sampler from them directly last year.  They are nice perfumes, but I only like a couple.

A lot of them are rose heavy, so if you are a rose lover, they would probably be enjoyable.  

If you get the kit from them direct, the cost of it is redeemable towards a FS bottle from them, but I think it was about $25, so the Sephora one is cheaper.

2 Replies
testing