Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

I've been hit and miss with CDG.  I tried all of the 'play' line and didn't like any of them, but I adored serpentine - described as 'half Hyde park and half asphalt of London' with a context like that, how could I not? 😄

what other CDG do you like, Jem?

"It was a very influential Catholic centre in the 14th century. " 

Didnt they outright move the papacy there?

but I love the description! My boyfriend actually really likes this one (for him). It is definitely musty 😛

Well, they *tried*... but there was also a Pope in Rome at the same time, sooo it's complicated.

Really didn't think I'd be seeing the Western Schism on a thread in here, like ever.  LOL

Just checking my European history, ok?? LMAO!

Now I must have it...

My Catholic grandmother...

You must try it Megan! If only the temperature would drop below 80 degrees. This is ridiculous. 

It's not even sunny some days and it's still over 80! When it isn't over 90....

I'm still in full summer mode...loading up on oils against the dry heat...

Where do I get it?  I'm sure google can help!  So on my list!

Megan, I ordered a sample from Surender to Chance. I loved it so much I ordered a small decant and its lasted me quite a while. 

Great idea for a thread! Thanks for starting it 🙂

I agree. And I can't wait to hear about that Shiseido!

Also, curious as to where everyone gets their decants. I've only ordered from Surrender to Chance. I love being able to test the more expensive (and harder to find) scents without ordering a whole bottle. 

I've mostly used lucky scent!

I just ordered this week from Sureendee to Chance. With the 1 decant I've gotten so far (waiting on the others) I am PLEASED LOL! I ordered a Byredo discovery set a couple of years ago from The Perfumed Court. At the time, I thought I'd been had because they all smelled the same to me, but I just think my nose may not have been well trained enough :). I found the set a couple of weeks ago while unpacking, and they definitely are all different 🙂

I opened it to smell when I got it a week ago, but I haven't tried it on yet.  I'm waiting for the right moment 😄

as for decants I do Surrender to Chance and Lucky Scent for newer stuff.  I've heard good things about perfumed court but haven't tried them yet.

Fun thread! I am a huge fragrance junkie. Before makeup I was actually into perfume. My first love since I was 14..I probably have about 15-20 bottles. I just recently got Tom Ford Noir from Barney's. Love that for fall. Today I was at the Nordstrom Beauty Trendshow and tested out this from Diptyque

Essences Incensées - Jasmin' Eau de Parfum (Limited Edition)

Pardon my French I dare not try to pronounce or type that so I copied it 😉 It's really pretty. I have a few bottles of Guerlain Terracotta Le Parfum and it reminds me of Terracotta. Jasmine, orange blossom, and basil. The Diptyque regional rep was there and told me there are only like 1000 or was it 5000 bottles made. They do a limited edition fragrance every year. Which probably means I'll break down and buy it.

The other thing on my radar is I'm dying to get Chanel Les Exclusive Beige and Gardenia. And interestingly, I discovered it costs a heck of a lot less in France! So do a lot of perfumes that are manufactured there. I bought Maison Francis K Aqua Vitae Forta at Neimans and come to find out later from my contact in France it's less there than in the US!

MMM Lipstick On is the one I want to try.

Oh, if you do Samtian, I would love to hear your thoughts on it!  I was both intrigued and a little scared of that one.

Powdery fragrances aren't usually my jam, but the description still had me curious.

I'm playing around with 2 lines right now, both newer French ones.

I have 4 scents from each.

Parfums Nicolas Danila, which centers around the 7 children of Aladdin and then has 7 scents to signify the 7 regions of the world in which they settled.

And Poulage Perfumes, especially Odora Di Femina.  Rose, musk, amber and a little black pepper. 

I definitely want to hear more about these meganlisa :).

I'll send you my half empty samples...let me wear them to half empty and they're yours!

Awww thanks Meganlisa! Absolutely! Take your time - I can't wait to try them!

4 Replies
testing