Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Florabotanica

What perfume is similar to florabotanica?I can’t seem to find it. 

Re: Florabotanica

@Djenati17 This is a tough one because it's a fresh, green floral and green is not a common genre nowadays. The greenest rose I can think of Serge Luten's Sa Majeste La Rose. Annick Goutal Rose Splendide is also supposed to be green but I've never tried it.

@pocketvenus I miss the green florals.  I often wish I had a bottle of Gucci Envy.  I think Florabotanica would have been up my alley, but never got a chance to try it.

@greeneyedgirl107 Ooo, I like green florals too! There's some modern ones I've enjoyed like Ella by Arquiste and TOM FORD Vert de Fleur 8.4 oz/ 250 mL Eau de Parfum Decanter but these are more 70s in style. 

@pocketvenus What do you mean by 70s in style?  I'm curious - I have only the teeniest knowledge of fragrance, where you know quite a bit!  🙂

@greeneyedgirl107 I guess the best way I can describe it is, if you saw a straight up flapper dress, even if it was made today, you'd think that's sooooo 20s. And it could be updated to be more contemporary and still read as being influenced by that decade. Fragrances are like that too 🙂

The 70s brought green floral as a trend. I mean, there were green florals before like Vent Vert but the 70s was full of these green fragrances characterized by aldehydes up top and adirty or mossy base. YSL Rive Gauche for women, Chanel's Cristalle and the classic No. 19, Dior's Diorella, Gucci's Amazone and Estee Lauder are all standouts from that decade. So it's like the flapper dress, it makes people think of that era. I wasn't alive then but the Tom Ford smells vintage-y to me. They don't make many perfumes like that so much anymore.

@pocketvenus Thanks for explaining!  

@greeneyedgirl107 xo I'm basically like one of those shy people at a party who doesn't say anything until some obscure topic comes up and I'm like blah blah blah blah 😆

@pocketvenus ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing