Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

BIC Fragrance Finder

Are you looking for a new fragrance to try and fall in love with? This thread is for people looking for a signature scent or a new addition to their scent wardrobe.

It would help if you have an idea of what you're looking for. If you're not sure how to narrow things down, try asking yourself about

• Notes? Amber, bergamot, jasmine, leather, just name what you like 🙂
  • Type? Looking for something floral, sweet, fresh, spicy, fruity, woody, smoky, aquatic?
  • Vibe? Something sultry, girly, bracing, polished, simple, extravagant, playful?
  • Place? A scent for the office, first date, weekend day wear, something else?
  • Price? Let us know if you have a budget 🙂

wheel

Re: guerlain gourmand coquin smells like chocolate but in the...

They discontinued that but it just got reformulated into Feve Gourmand which is lovely

Re: BIC Fragrance Finder

Yes! You can try

• PRADA - Prada Candy Night - cocoa gourmand, not as sweet as the name suggests
  • TOM FORD Vanille Fatale 1.7oz/ 50mL - like Starbucks hot chocolate
  • Arquiste - Anima Dulcis - rich spicy chocolate
  • Histoire de Parfums 1740 - chocolate leather
  • NEST - Cocoa Woods - been forever and a day since I smelled this one but the name is promising
  • Mugler Angel Eau de Parfum 0.8 oz/ 25 mL - some people get a strong chocolate note from Angel but it is hugely fruity too
  • LUSH - I'm Home - also been awhile since I tried this one but this is described as a chocolate one and I find Lush's descriptions pretty bang on.

Patchouli can also get chocolaty so keep an eye out for this note!

Great suggestions

I'm seeing a lot of threads asking for fragrances recommendations so I thought I'd bump this thread. Thought it might be good to have recommendations in one place where you can look through old posts and get ideas 🙂

@pocketvenus thank you so much for offering your expert advice, you are our official, Community-chosen  Fragrance Guru of 2019, after all!

Do you mind if we promote this thread to the top of the fragrance group? I want people to find it more easily!

@KatieBT That would be great to help others find this thread and get ideas 🙂 Thank you!

@pocketvenus I’m so glad to hear! We will be sure to promote this thread to the tippy top of the group 🙂

@KatieBT Thank you! 🙂

@pocketvenus What a great thread idea! You posted a recommendation to someone for KILIAN Paris Moonlight in Heaven 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray

Then I made the mistake of smelling it and ooomg it smells like heaven! I can’t fathom spending almost $300 on such a small size of perfume though. Do you know of anything that smells similar? It truly smells divine! 

@GG84 Oh no I wish I didn't see this...I'm reading the description and it's making me crave mango sticky rice 🤤

This one on me smelled most of jasmine, I didn’t get much mango or rice, which was what piqued my interest into sampling this one.  It was too white floral forward, but I imagine this being worn on a romantic walk on a beach at night in a long flowy tropical print dress. Just not for me.  I have been enjoying Montale Intense Tiare which appeals to me more with the vanilla base.

@GG84 It’s still quite expensive, but if you are not attached to the bottle/buying through Sephora, Kilian sells refill sets for CA$260. A cheaper option would be Etat Libre’s Fils de Dieu. It’s different for sure but they share notes and a sort-of-not-really tropical gourmand vibe. Fils is less elegant but more fun and easy going 🙂

Awesome thread, @pocketvenus !

Fragrance community, I need your help!  I am obsessed with the scent of Patrick Ta’s Major Glow Body Oil and it reminds me of a perfume I have smelled in the last 6 months, but I cannot place it.

If you’ve smelled the body oil, please let me know if it reminds you of a particular perfume because I totally want to douse myself in this scent this summer.  Thank you!💗

*I purposely didn’t include the scent notes from the body oil description - I already looked up the notes on Fragantica and it didn’t help. 

@Tamara76I haven't smelled this oil but others have described it as waffle cone, coconut, caramel. I could try to recommend perfumes that go in this direction?

Thank you, @pocketvenus !  It does have hints of caramel and actually reminds me of Sol De Janeiro Brazilian Crush Mist or Bum Bum Cream, but there is also a jasmine twist.  The top notes in the oil are jasmine, white musk and saffron.  I am sure I have recently smelled something exactly like this and it is driving me bonkers trying to figure it out!  I’ve been sniffing every fragrance in my house but haven’t pinned it down yet!  I’ll let you know if I do!💗

@Tamara76 Ohhhhhh okay, bum bum cream I definitely know. You’re also not the first person to make that comparison! A decent perfume dupe I can think of to the bum bum is Comptoir Sud Pacifique Coco Vanille. It’s not as strong as the cream but it has that hit of vanilla cream sweetness. A more floral take would be Clean Reserve’s Solar Bloom. I know the charcoal in the notes pyramid is a little weird, suggesting something very smoky. It’s actually a pretty scent, not at all charred 🙂

COMPTOIR SUD PACIFIQUE - Vanille Coco

CLEAN RESERVE Reserve - Solar Bloom 3.4oz/100mL

Thank you again, @pocketvenus !  I 💗 the Comptoir Sud Pacifique - I have the Vanilla Coco and Banana varieties!

I took my daughter on a quest yesterday to Bath & Body Works, The Body Shop, 2 Sephoras, Ulta and Macy’s - We smelled soooo many fragrances, but still couldn’t nail it, although I discovered last night that a combo of Byredo Mojave Ghost mixed with Bum Bum Cream smells almost identical - It may be the magnolia?  Anyway, I’ll let you know if I can find an exact match!💗

@Tamara76nice! Sometimes layering fragrances is the way to go 🙂 Good luck!!

@pocketvenus I found the scent!!!!   It is “In the Stars” from Bath and Body Works- I totally overlooked this one at first, but it is identical!   I just restocked the body wash, lotion and mist!!  

@Tamara76yay!!!!!!! So glad you found it, BBW has so many scents!!!!!

I'm popping in to say I was really looking forward to making fragrance suggestions but now I am quite ill with the flu 😞 I promise I'll be back when I'm on the mend but right now I can't think very clearly!!! Haven't been this sick in many years!!!

5 Replies
testing