Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

2021 Fragrance Favorites ( And Disappointments )

The year is coming to an end... Let's talk about your favorite fragrances of 2021! I am curious to hear about what new releases you liked the best? What were some disappointing releases of 2021? Surprises ( good or bad )? But of course, it doesn't have to be all about 2021 releases. It can simply be about your favorite fragrances this year, period. What did you enjoy wearing the most? What made you happy? Some oldies maybe, re-discoveries, change of hearts, anything you loved ( or even stopped loving maybe ) this year. Any thoughts about the world of fragrances in general this year are welcome!  

BIC gratis4.jpg

Re: 2021 Fragrance Favorits And Misses

@RavenR There were a few releases I loved this year:

Jo Malone’s Summer Marmalade collection included some of my new loves: Orange Peel and Rose Blush

Diptyque made my current favorite leather scent, Rihla

Byredo just released my in-heavy-rotation winter fragrance Mumbai Noise

My only disappointments are also from Jo Malone: 

The Spring Blossoms collection was generally disappointing, just a bunch of rereleases and two hibiscus scents (Yellow and Red) that were not terribly unique

Lastly, I just found Guerlain’s Les Absolur d’Orient collection, with Santal Royal being a great addition to my Oud-centric squad of perfumes.

@LCResz I totally agree about Jo Malone. Every bottle I get this year is just okay. Not bad but nothing to rave about. I might put a hold on purchase any more JM for now. 🥲

@blackkitty2014 Exactly! I didn’t even bother with the Holiday LE Starlit Mandarin & Honey, it was just okay. Hopefully JM will return to glory soon, but I’m not holding my breath. ☹️

@Margalee I just recently purchased the Mugler Alien Goddess Eau de Parfum Travel Spray 0.34 oz/ 10 mL and I LOVE it; I only wish that it lasted longer on me because I find that I only get a couple of hours out of it, tops.

I know what you mean, @Margalee , about Alien Goddess. But I don't think I even like it any way. And I think that would be one of my biggest disappointments this year. I don't know what I was expecting, but I sure was not expecting something so underwhelming, with no character to it, so... blah and meh... from Mugler! Not to even mention it has nothing to do with Alien, which I love, at all! But, oh well... Plenty of otter beautiful scents out there for us to explore and fall in love with! 😊

I recently discovered the Versace Eros cologne for my boyfriend, it lasts all day, and smells so good! Because I fell in love with the men's version, I decided to purchase the Versace Eros Pour Femme for myself, and I'm so happy I did, the jasmine and sandalwood are delightful! The bottles are both beautiful, and I think it's cute we have matching scents (kinda). I highly recommend both 🙂

@twilightlinkk , nice! It feels so good when you find a scent that speaks to you, doesn't it? 

Aww! Definitely cute! ❤️

Thanks for sharing with us, and enjoy your new lovelies!

Conversation Stats
  • 49 replies
  • 190 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos1
  • BIC gratis4.jpg
testing