Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Exclusive Events
|

"Your Beauty Translator": The INKEY List Pop-up in NYC

The INKEY List hosted a pop-up in New York City this weekend, and thanks to @TeamBIC, several community members and I had the fortunate opportunity to explore the space in a private session.  Brand founders, Colette Newberry and Mark Curry were onsite all weekend and greeted us warmly upon our arrival.  Mark sat down with each of us individually to recommend INKEY List products to incorporate in our skincare routines based on each of our skincare concerns.  Colette guided the group through the brand’s history – INKEY is the partnership between Colette’s and Mark’s combined experience in science, marketing, and product development – and its commitment to delivering effective products under a cost-controlled, fast time-to-market operating model. 

Inkey Popup Consult.jpg

Every corner of the pop-up invited interaction, from the sensory table encouraging visitors to touch and feel key ingredients featured in INKEY products, to the photo-ops, but what I was most excited for was the station previewing the 5 new products launching at Sephora by mid-July.  Photos and INKEY’s descriptions of the new products under the spoiler cut below! 

Inkey Popup Touch.jpg

Spoiler

Colette was quite generous with her time and candidly answered my questions about some of the brand’s more aspirational products still very much in the early ideation stages.  On the topic of sun protection, I wondered whether or not INKEY’s SPF 50 Zinc Oxide sunscreen, currently available in the UK, would be arriving stateside anytime soon.  Colette cautioned that here in the US, sun protection products undergo lengthy, extensive testing in order to obtain FDA approval.  She teased that the brand is exploring several different formulations and delivery methods (i.e.:  spray, powder, liquid, etc.) in the hopes of bringing a product to our market within the next year.

At the end of our visit, the INKEY team gifted us two assorted products and brand merchandise...but the surprises didn’t stop there!  We were also invited to make our way to the nearby Sephora, where we each chose 1 additional online-exclusive INKEY product.  I love mixing in hydration boosters with my lightweight summer moisturizers, so I will be rotating the The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL  and The INKEY List Hemp Oil Moisturizer 1 oz/ 30 mL  in my routine in the near future.  I look forward to mixing in the The INKEY List Rosehip Nourishing Night Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL  into my weightier moisturizers in the fall and winter.

Inkey Popup Gifts.jpg

Thank you, again, to the Sephora and INKEY List teams for organizing a well-executed event.  It was an impactful showcase for a new, bold, skincare brand, and a great meet-up opportunity for BIC community members.  I always love seeing @michelleshops , @darkiceis and @Cyncynn .  @lnum is a familiar face, and I was happy to meet @janeNYCxo (and her mini-me!) for the first time.  

Links to more event re-caps:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Exclusive-Events/INKEY-List-Pop-Up-BIC-Event/m-p/4794804#M4183

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Exclusive-Events/BIC-Pop-Up-Event-NYC-Inkey-List/m-p/4795803#M4215

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Exclusive-Events/The-Inkey-List-NYC-POP-Up/m-p/4795557#M4209

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Exclusive-Events/The-INKEY-List-Pop-Up-Meet-amp-Greet/m-p/4794695#M...

Tags:

Re: "Your Beauty Translator": The INKEY List Pop-up in NYC

So glad you came to see us 🙂 We loved meeting you and enjoyed discussing the endless possibilities of sunscreen, exciting! We look forward to more conversations like these and would love to hear how you get on with HA and Hemp so please keep in touch. Best, Inkey x 

@MlleCC I loved reading your recap and seeing your pictures! So happy to hear you enjoyed your time!

Best,

Rebecca

So glad you enjoyed yourself @MlleCCHeart It's great that you got to ask Colette your questions! Thanks so much for sharing your summary of the event~

@MlleCC  you summed it up In detail so well. It was great seeing you again as always. Until next time 🙂 

Thank you for sharing @MlleCC - Always lovely to see you ❤️

I hope you enjoy your HA serum as much as I do !

Yay, thank you all for sharing your experiences @MlleCC @michelleshops @darkiceis @Cyncynn @lnum @Anonymous ! And huge congrats to @Cyncynn for winning a year's supply!!!

@MlleCC looks like a good time. Thank you for sharing pictures and your experience with us. 

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 27 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos8
  • Inkey Popup Consult.jpg
  • Inkey Popup Touch.jpg
  • This product has a milky, lightweight cream texture.
  • This product has a clear, lightweight gel texture.
  • This product has a clear, liquid-y texture.
  • Inkey Popup Gifts.jpg
  • This product is so new that it doesn't even have production packaging yet!
  • Inkey Double Cleanser.jpg
testing